the Official Abraham thread!! - Post them here! - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 18, 2006.

1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I love what Tangini is doing here. What they're basically telling Atlanta and JA is that we wield the power and if Atlanta wants him so bad then they need to pony up the first round choice. Too many times in years past the Jets have seemed like the desperate team in trade talks where as other parties always have the upper hand over the Jets. It feels good to be in control. I hope the new regime keeps it up.

2. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Common man, don't cave on me now

How can Jet fans expect a FO with kajones if Jet fans bail at the first sign of trouble?

Stand firm, brother ... stand firm with Tangini ... you'll be happy you did when this is over, no matter what, cause at least we will keep our dignity and that's worth even more than draft picks

3. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Finally, a voice of reason. I agree with you. :up:

4. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

fuck that i dont want duckett when we can draft someone better with that 15th pick

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Does adding Duckett even sweeten the pot?? If I was GM that would turn me off even more than just offering a 2nd. How bout keep Duckett and get back to us when you get serious. Screw ABe and screw Atlanta, I'm liking the Seattle deal more and more as the days go by..

6. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Yeah trade looks great! Abe for a 2nd when they just gave Cleveland a

fing #4th for Chris Crocker. So thats about 60-70 spots different for a

3 time pro-bowler.Wow anyone see the lobside of the trade here.

WAKE UP ATLANTA...

7. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Good riddance.

This whole situation should show everyone just what a merck John Abraham is. He's swallowing his pride for money. Isn't he a bit insulted that the Falcons don't find him valuable enough that they aren't giving up they're first round pick for a player of his talent? Seattle is willing to give up their pick but rather then taking a slightly smaller contract for a team thats showing that they want him and is damn near close to a Super Bowl, he's going to a team thats just willing to throw money. Good riddance, I can't wait to get rid of this injury prone jerkass, and as kudos to Tangini telling Atlanta to take their crappy compensation package and stick it up there ass. Believe me Jet fans, John Abraham is not a player we need with the new regime in. Atlanta fans can have fun when he playes a grand total of 10 games a year.

8. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

I would take Crumpler and the #2. Hell I would take Crumpler and a #3.

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Why would he be insulted? That would be plain dumb. He doesn't care what is given up for him... heck it's better for him if a #1 is not given up!

He's going to be in Atlanta, very close to his hometown, in a town he wants to play, with a team that is pretty darn good. You are drastically overreacting.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Hehehe. Salud.

11. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Abe will be sorely missed he wont be replaced that easy.Abe wanted money and a longterm deal when he sees Ellis getting it can you blame him? Ellis certainly did not play to the contract the Jets gave him.Unfortunately the NFL has become a business.how can you blame Abe for this? Abe did not create this ugly situation the entire NFL created it.

I wish him well whereever he winds up.Im not betting the farm on him not being in Jet uniform next season.Mangini and Tannenbaum are not going to give him away.

Let me ask all you Abe bashers one thing.In life dont you try and succeed and make all the money you can?

12. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Heh, putting shit like Duckett in the deal makes it worse. McKay is an idiot. :rofl2:

13. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

And still others formulate thier opinion by watching him underachieve game after game after game, only to have a great game against a backup tackle. He's a good pash rusher, but it not worth the money he's asking. At least not IMO.

14. Jets Fan from NE

I'm not a big Abe fan. I think he was a jerk sitting out the playoffs 2 years ago just incase he got hurt it would bring his free agency salary down. We should get what he is worth, a first round pick, or else make him stay. If he wants to sit it out, let him. I don't think he will sit out. He may show up late for camp like he did last year. If we let him go for a 2nd, we just show weakness. Isn't that the REAL reason Bradway was FIRED.

15. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Exactly teams now we have vunerable in the past to pull the trigger early.I like the smokescreen being put up by the FO.No hints of free agent signings no hints of draft day decisions.In the past we would have made stupid trigger happy moves.

I see Abe in Jets uniform next season.

16. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I agree... let his ass ride the pine if he won't sign this year.

17. NYSackXchange

NYSackXchange Active Member

unreal. He wants to play in Atlanta because its close to his hometown. He'd be near his family. By all reports, he loved seattle. Who wouldn't want to play close to their hometown???

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Abraham will be a star in Atlanta, and at this point next year, we'll wish we hadn't traded him. But both sides have burned bridges, and he probably has to go at this point.

Abe in a dome will be a star.

19. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Abe will do what he's always done. Tease us with his talent and let an injury of inconsistency overtake him. He doesn't have Ellis to help him on that line anymore, he's going to be looked at as the man on that defense and gameplanned against accordingly.

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Abraham created this mess. He turned down the contract that Ellis signed.