The Official 2019-20 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 12, 2019.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, it definitely sucks. Everyone was excited to have him in DC. Samsonov just needs to step up as the #1. That was the plan anyway, but it is even more crucial now. Caps will need to sign or trade for a #2 goalie. I am interested to see what direction they go. Hopefully Lundqvist can figure out his heart problem and play again. If not, it was a wonderful career.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Can't we throw this head-hunting fuck the hell outta hockey already?!! :):cool:

Cap homers: "actually he's just a rugged, hard-nosed player who's misunderstood.." :)

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Very excited that the Hurricanes got moved away
    from the “Metro” teams for a season. Think their playoffs chances went way up with that one.

4. The Dark Knight

Chara to the Capitals! Odd move, but I like it for one season. Help the young defenseman out and play a Brooks Orpik kind of mentorship role, while also being able to hit a guy here and there.

Normally, I would make a new 2021 NHL thread now, but since we have our own forum now, I think just continuing in this thread is fine! Hockey is back in 2 weeks!

Red Menace and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Good move by Capitals, It’s a great way to get depth at this point, he is a stabilizing force on the second line and the PP, stop gap defenseman until Capitals can get young guys ready to take on bigger role defensively.

He will have no problem stopping Josh Bailey, Anders Lee, Jordan Eberle, Anthony Beauvillier of the Islanders, team is going into this season with same lame offensive forwards.

6. The Dark Knight

Yeah, he will do better than the Caps D did against the Isles in the bubble. That is for sure! :D

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The NHL has sold naming rights for the four divisions this year: Scotia NHL® North Division, Honda NHL® West Division, Discover NHL® Central Division and MassMutual NHL® East Division. Most people on here will be paying attention to the MassMutual NHL® East.

8. The Dark Knight

I guess they have to make as much money as possible without having the fans in the seats right now.

Section 336 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Absolutely. This is of course a money grab, but a very reasonable one - the NHL depends so much on ticket revenue, and there's no way of knowing how much of that revenue (if any) they're going to get this year.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rangers drafted a kid who patterns his game after Tom Wison, William Cuylle, 6'4" with some skill and an agitator

11. The Dark Knight

I missed @joe's original post. But yeah, Wilson is a rugged, hard nosed, player that is misunderstood! :D

Seriously though, he is a good player with more skill than people realize. He doesn't need to do all the extra hits and occasional dirty plays. I'm still not sure why he does it. He seems like a smart guy off the ice. I do know the Caps looked a lot worse without him, so he does play a significant role in their success.

Having said all of that, I do get why NON-CAPITALS fans would dislike if not hate him. He is one of those players. You love him on your team, but you hate him playing your team.

joe and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

About an hour ago it was tweeted by the Hurricanes that their helmets will be branded @PNCBank on them.
    They already have naming rights on the arena so not too out of place.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Good - we could use goon protection-lol. . And being an agitator is one thing but being someone who's not above putting someone on the IR via a dirty cheap shot is another.

Besides, the Rangers do have an obligation to protect their talented young core from the Tom Wilson's of the world.

#173 joe, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  14. The Dark Knight

Yeah, similar with the Capitals. They put Capital One on their helmets, which is also the sponsor of their arena: Capital One Arena. I didn't notice them at all when they scrimmaged yesterday, so definitely not a big deal.

15. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

[​IMG]
    Be very careful, before you know it the jerseys will look like this. I hate Finnish League's jerseys, way too many sponsors.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Having a corporate name is no different than Nike putting a swoosh on jerseys or Adidas the three stripes — it’s all just 3rd party branding attempting to leverage the interest in the team.

17. The Dark Knight

This Caps-Pens game was a train wreck. Both look bad and both goalies look bad. Probably a sign of a lack of training camp and pre-season, but it was bad. Caps had a 4-2 lead and a 5 on 3 PP and allowed a short handed goal. Then the Pens tied it at 4-4 after 2. Pretty even 3rd and then Crosby won it in OT 5-4.

Caps get 6 out of 8 points to start their season on the road, but I was not too impressed. Hopefully they figure things out.

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  18. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to get a NJ Devils season thread in the hockey forum? I see the Islanders and Rangers have one but no love for Jersey's team

19. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Just start a new thread

20. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

okay will do. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to or not and didn't want to overstep any boundaries. Thanks.

matt robinson 17 likes this.