The Official 2017-18 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

3 way trade yesterday with Matt Duchene and Kyle Turris involved

Colorado got draft picks/prospects.

Turris now on Nashville but he's probably going to miss tomorrow's game due to US immigration.

The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Metropolitan Division is STACKED right now.

The Devils lead the division with 24 points, the Hurricanes are in last place with 16 points but have only played 15 games, and everyone else is close in between. Caps, Bluejackets and Pens with 21 points, Isles and Rangers with 20, and the Flyers with 18.

Great start.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

Nice Caps win tonight at Capital One Arena, as they defeated the Blackhawks 6-2. Fun game. Caps look back on track. Hope it lasts.

Red Menace likes this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Don't get too caught up in the ebbs and flows of the regular season. It's like a horse race, you want them to get it going right after the last turn as they hit the stretch.

Usually if they are playing well by end of January into February their in good shape barring injuries.

Plus you have the best player on the planet, he can't be held down for long. They can only hope to contain him.

I'm still rooting for Ovie to win a cup so I can have more ammunition to use against the Crosby cult followers who refuse to give Ovie credit for being best player in hockey.

Screw Canada!!!!

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

Ovechkin still rolling and leading the NHL in goals with (21) at age 32 is really impressive. Last year people assumed his decline had begun and he would never be the same, and he has proven them wrong thus far. I never make excuses for players, but it was clear he was playing hurt last year. Especially in the playoffs after that hit in the Leafs series.

And you are right, it is like a horse race. The usual teams may not be in 1st place or at the top at the moment, but they are in a good position to make a run when it matters most. Tomorrow night is a good one: Rangers at Caps.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

I wonder what is going on with the Pittsburgh Penguins? I don't mind, but they are pretty bad this season. Just saw they lost tonight 2-1 to the Hurricanes. They are currently 3 points behind the Islanders for the final Wild Card spot and the Isles have played 2 less games. Odd to see Back to Back champs with the same core players plus Letang back be this bad. I expected them to be at the top of the East.

7. Red Menace

I think they will turn it on when it's time, that being said, I also believe the division has gotten better so the penguins can't take teams lightly anymore.

They used to have automatic wins, not anymore.

8. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Pens lost two key vets in Cullen and Kunitz and Letang has regressed this year. Pens also lost Daley on the back-end. Also have to think teams are giving them the very best every night. Matt Murray is also a question mark as he’s never really had a full season under his belt despite his playoff performances. Pens might make the playoffs but there won’t be a 3 peat.

9. The Dark Knight

Hope you are right but until they lose that 4th game in a series, I unfortunately can't count them out.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Mid-year check in.

Haven't posted at all because I've wound up wasted after pretty much every Oilers game, team is an absolute piss stain. I don't even know where to begin.

Worst penalty kill of all time at home. Of all time, since the stat was invented. 55%

Talbot, Kassian, Maroon back to Earth.

Larsson, Klefbom sucking fuckin balls.

Dumbarelli's trade of a 1st and 2nd for Griffin Reinhart who is out of the league. Can't even go into the Islanders thread cause it makes me sick. One of those picks becomes Barzal.

Strome is a fuckin plug. Eberle lighting it up.

Basically everything went right last year, and has been the opposite this year. There were next to no injuries last year so it was fair to expect that. Drop off in play from Larsson and Klef is concerning but long term I expect them to bounce back. Beers will keep flowing gents.

#32 Jake, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    The Dark Knight and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

All-Star game has been fun. Ovechkin set up Crosby for a goal, then Crosby set up Ovechkin for a goal. Then the Metro fell a part and left Holtby out to dry. Atlantic-Pacific playing for title right now.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Red Menace

Many teams passed on Barzal so you can't beat yourself up over it. Eberle is a good 60 point guy. I honestly believe Strome is just in a shell because he has not had the right coaching.

Is Strome playing Center or Wing?

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm surprised by a lot this season.

Buffalo and Arizona have talent and they shouldn't be this bad.

Edmonton projected to be a top 4 team in the West and they've been brutal.

Vegas of course was projected to be the worst team in the league by everyone, and they've been unstoppable, aided by the unique home ice advantage. Vegas has been easily the best team in the West and they played much of the first part of the season with third and fourth string goalies. Maxime Lagace, Oscar Dansk, and Dylan Ferguson.

Vegas has no depth at goalie and almost no talent at D, period, yet they're 9 points ahead of San Jose for the division.

14. The Dark Knight

I thought Vegas would fall back to Earth by November. Then December. Then January. Now February? They just keep rolling. Hard to explain. Good for them though. They are fun to watch too.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

dunno what is going on with Arizona and Edmonton but Buffalo is doing poorly because they are soft. It is hard to win when nobody on the team is willing to get in front of the net and take a hit. They should trade everyone.

The 'Vegas Flu' is REAL.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

17. Red Menace

They have a veteran team, but more importantly they have a good HC, I don't know why Florida fired him.

18. The Dark Knight

The Pens are not done yet. Their offense looked crazy good with Kessel and Malkin each scoring 2 goals. It was tied 3-3 and 4-4 in the 3rd, but Pens beat the Caps 7-4. The 3-peat is still highly possible.

Also, Crosby is the Tom Brady of the NHL. He is surrounded by a great team and coach, yet he gets all of the credit. Ovechkin is more like Peyton Manning. Plays great, Scored 2 goals last night, team around him fails and he is considered a loser because of it. At least Peyton was able to win 2 titles though.