The Official 2017-18 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Sep 13, 2017.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Congrats TDK, the better team won. Go Caps Go, win the Cup!

joe, The Dark Knight and Red Menace like this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

They came out of the penalty box and started fighting again. LMAO.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Big let down from the Lightning last night. No goals in the last 2 and a half games. Came out very sluggish and just looked outmatched through three periods. Hats off to the Caps. Would like to see Ovi win one. Good luck TDK.

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I live in the DC area, don't really follow hockey, root for Jets and then local teams. As a casual fan of both NHL and Capitals, it appears that LV is a team of destiny this year. I'm hoping Capitals bring one home for the area and for Ovechkin, but Vegas appears to be rolling.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Washington Capitals are going to the Stanley Cup Final!! 4 wins away. Amazing.
    I am still on cloud 9! Haven't slept much. :) Great performance in a Game 7. Ovechkin is a man on a mission.
    Life Lesson: Don't touch Kuzy's jersey, or Tom Wilson will LITERALLY kill you. :D

Thanks @Jay Bizniss. Great series. I agree, even though I clearly wanted the Caps to win, it did feel odd that Tampa did not put up more of a fight. Especially in the 3rd only down 3-0. I give the Caps Defense and Holtby credit, but I agree the Bolts have too much skill to not score. They will be back next year.
    I would say the Caps are the team of destiny. Vegas is a great story though. They play great at home and have home ice advantage, so it will be another big challenge for the Capitals. Not to mention the great play of Marc Andre Fleury. Casual hockey fans or new hockey fans in general, should get a great product to watch for the Stanley Cup Final, as both teams are a lot of fun.
    I would love that. I agree, it is a pretty even series. As I have said in this thread: The Golden Knights keep shocking me. I am not surprised anymore though and know they are for real. The one team who knows Fleury pretty well, is Ovechkin and the Caps. If anyone can figure him out: It is them.

Another Story line: former Caps GM George McPhee basically built half of this Capitals team and all of this Golden Knights team. He should get his name on the Cup no matter what!

6. jetophile

Joey Kocur vs. Tom Wilson on shitty roller skates on bumpy uneven pavement. Now that's what I call Pay For View!

7. jetophile

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Congrats TDK

9. The Dark Knight

Time to make our 2018 Stanley Cup Final Predictions!

Alexander Ovechkin and the Eastern Conference Champion Washington Capitals, against Marc Andre Fleury and the Western Conference Champion Vegas Golden Knights!

Both are great stories. Ovechkin chasing his first Cup, the expansion Golden Knights making it all the way to the Cup Final. It's amazing.

I clearly have watched the Caps much closer, and this is the best they have been in the Ovechkin-Era "Team-wise". That is a strength for the Golden Knights too though.

The Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson line has been amazing, but the Golden Knights top line is also great with Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith. Should be an amazing match-up. The other line match-ups are pretty close too, but I give an edge to the Caps.

The Golden Knights play amazing team defense, and they will have to against this Caps team too because their best Defenseman is Nate Schmidt, who was the Caps' 4th best Defenseman last year. Not sure what their plan will be to defend the high-powered Caps offense.

Which brings up Goal-tending. Fleury has been amazing and will have to be again if the Golden Knights are going to win. Holtby has been really good, but no doubt Vegas depends on their goalie more than the Caps do. The Capitals have much more experience against him than the Kings, Sharks, and Jets did though.

I think the final factor to bring up is home ice. Vegas has it, and their fans are insane! It will be a tough task for the Capitals to go in there and win, despite their amazing (8-2) road playoff record this year.

I am fairly confident in my team, but I have picked against the Golden Knights each round and have been proven wrong. So no official prediction from me. ;)

What do you guys think?

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Nothing personal, TDK, but I certainly have no love for Ovie or the Caps, and I don't think that it's a good thing that an expansion team is in the Finals, so I have no rooting interest here at all.

11. The Dark Knight

What a buzzkill, Jeff! :D Nah, I get that.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I was at the Caps Game 7 watch party, and it was completely insane. 11,000+ fans going nuts like it was an actual game. So I'm rooting for them in this series.

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

My gut tells me Vegas in 7, but I picked the Caps at the start of the playoffs and they haven’t done anything that would cause me to jump off the bandwagon now.

Caps in 6.

14. The Dark Knight

Less than 3 hours til puck drop! Can't wait.

I just watched an interview with Nationals Outfielder Bryce Harper and he is in such a tough spot. From Las Vegas, loves the Golden Knights, but lives here in DC and watching everyone Rock the Red with the Caps. Plus he is close to many Caps players, but has to stick to where he is from and cheer for Vegas.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This is a fucking fantastic game!

stinkyB and The Dark Knight like this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

last time I checked it was a tie game,,,,in the second good luck TDK

17. The Dark Knight

Yeah, the NHL could not have asked for more. I really expected a Goalie-Duel and it was the opposite. 4-3 Caps lead, then a terrible non-call on Reaves tied the game and the Golden Knights found a way to get the win. Disappointing, but the Caps still looked good. A few bad bounces and non-calls cost them the win. Can't worry about it and move on to Game 2. Could be a long series. I get the Refs letting them play but sometimes you have to make a call if it is going to shift the game and momentum that much.

As for the atmosphere: Vegas is amazing. The league should be proud.

18. jetophile

6- 4 Vegas, final.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Was I the only one imitating the Chappelle Show when they interviewed Little John before puck drop?

HUUUWHAAAAAT?! YEEEAAAHHHH

20. The Dark Knight

He is the Golden Knights X-Factor! :D
    [​IMG]