The Official 2014-2015 NHL Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Corn, the cap does not allow for teams to hold on to all of their top players, also the expansion of the NHL has spread the talent very thin, it's just not concentrated anymore.

That's why teams can't have a goon line, the 4th line has to be able to produce in the NHL, not just beat people up.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You do realize that this guy coaches the Islanders, right?

[​IMG]

matt robinson 17 and JetBlue like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Blackhawks! What a franchise. I picked them to win the Cup because I felt no one was that great this year, and they just know how to win. I won't be surprised to see them back in the Cup Final within the next couple years either. Fun series. Tampa Bay will also be back in the near future.

Time to move on to NHL Free Agency. Who wants Mike Green? haha.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Rather have Mike Green than Dan Boyle, TDK...just think if the Black hawks beat LA in the ot in game 7 last year...could have been 4 in 6...

6. The Dark Knight

Yep. I was telling my friend (Penguins fan) that Toews, Kane and the Blackhawks have become what people said Crosby, Malkin and the Penguins would be. Then he kind of flipped out and wanted to be left alone. Haha. :D:p:D

Quick thoughts for next year: The Kings will be back in the playoffs, the Rangers will still be at the top of the East, Tampa Bay and Chicago will also be there. As for my Caps: A step forward would not surprise me, just like a step back would also not surprise me.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Alot more improvement in the East next year...Isles, Sens, Caps, Bolts, Blue Jackets...also Bruins, Habs will be better...Pens sinking

BacktoQueens likes this.
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

His comeback could've been that Ovechkin has never appeared in a Stanley Cup Finals or won a medal at the Olympics, which is remarkable, because Russia is stacked at every Winter Olympics.

9. The Dark Knight

He is a smart NHL fan though and considers Ovechkin a much better player than Crosby. He despises Crosby these days. He feels bad for Ovechkin.

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Either you made the whole thing up or your friend is a moron.

Penguins fans don't despise Crosby. He's one of the best players in the history of the franchise.

Smart NHL fans don't think Ovechkin is better than Crosby. Ovechkin has never won anything and probably will retire without ever winning a Stanley Cup.

Fact: Ovechkin turns 30 before next season.

Fact: Ovechkin has never been in a conference finals.

Fact: Ovechkin has never been in a SCF (obviously).

Fact: Ovechkin has never won a single Olympic medal.

If he were a great player, that could not be true. Great players have success on the highest levels.

Smart NHL fans wouldn't take crap from a Capitals fan. The Capitals choke year after year.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Last time the Capitals appeared in the Eastern Conference Finals: 16 years ago
    Last time the Capitals won the Stanley Cup: Never

12. The Dark Knight

Haha you give that bad name to Penguins fans acting like that. I am just telling you his opinions. Have a nice day though. Try to be more positive in life. No need to make yourself look like an ass.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Please tell us about your other friend, the Yankees fan who despises Derek Jeter.

I'm not being an ass, I'm just giving you the facts. Truth hurts, I suppose. It definitely hurts Ovechkin.

14. The Dark Knight

I mean if a person has cancer, you don't have to go up to them and say "YOU HAVE CANCER!" They already know. My friend literally wants a dynasty with the Penguins and is upset/jealous it is happening in Chicago instead. He seriously does not like Crosby and said he gained a lot of respect for Ovechkin this year after past seasons of hating him. He definitely is not a normal Penguins fan though and he admits that. He is very upset with that organization right now. Enough about him though. I am a Caps fan. You are a Pens fan. You just read that dynasty comment as a random Caps fan insulting a Pens fan and retaliated. It was not like that though.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

OK, so going with that, what were you telling him that he didn't know already?

By the way, a poll of the NHL players had the players saying Crosby is better than Ovechkin, and it wasn't close.

16. The Dark Knight

Yeah just was teasing him. He got it. Crosby is from Canada and the face of the NHL. No surprise with those poll results. Ovechkin and the Caps are on the right track at least. His window has not closed yet. He gets a lot of crap from people for not winning team awards in a team sport. That is life though. He is not the Caps GM.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I hate Obitchkin

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

is that Ovechkin going shopping for Barbie's? Should I ask if it's based on a real photo?

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

McJesus is coming.