***The Official 2008 Playoff Scenario Thread***

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Snappy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

I will be as dissapointed as I've probably ever been about the Jets if they don't win these next two games and clinch a division title. We'll see. I still totally expect them to do it but it's impossible for anyone's confidence in this team to not be shaken to some degree. (Some more than others, obviously)

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

There is a scenario whereby we lose to Miami and get in as #6, but I strongly suspect that will be off the table come Monday morning.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yeah i don't see us making the playoffs if we lose to Seattle, let alone Miami. i hope the players are focused and ready to take on Seattle on the West Coast

4. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Us stinking against the west is the reason.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

How about this scenario:

Miami loses this week, BAL, NYJ, NE and IND win.

MIA@NYJ is flexed to 8pm

NE & BAL win before kickoff.

Miami are eliminated before the game even starts. Does this work in our favour?

6. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

Yes, Miami would be eliminated before kickoff, but we lose, we would be out of the playoffs completely and NE gets the division. Even if Miami were eliminated before the game, they would obviously want to knock us out.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Can the Jets clinch

A playoff berth this weekend? if so how?

8. ........

........ Trolls

No. I believe that even if we win and the Phins/Pats lose, next weekend still determines the division. If we lost to the Phins in that scenario, we'd have identical division and conference records, which means we'd lose out on record against common opponents.

9. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

thanks.....................................................................

10. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

It's not possible for any of the 3 AFC East teams. Even if the Jets best case scenario happens, both NE and Miami lose, Jets can still lose the division if they lose Week 17.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Lets say Dallas beats Baltimore, Miami loses to KC and NE loses to Arizona.

That would have 3 teams at 9-6, and the Jets at 10-5. Would the Jets have the Wild Card edge over Baltimore?

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Some of the playoff outcomes depend on the outcome of the Ravens Boys game on Monday, and it sounds like unless the Ravens collapse and either the Jets or fish lose on Sunday that the Pats will not make the playoffs.

But ... I'd really rather focus on the Seahawk game right now, and in that connection I believe the answer to your question is no.

13. GreenMachine

Yes...But bottom line is if the Jets do not win vs Miami they do not get in unless Baltimore loses their last 2 games AND Buffalo beats NE.

14. GreenMachine

Here is another scenario...The Jets lose to Seattle, beat Miami. NE wins their last 2, and Baltimore loses 1 of their last 2...The Pats are the 3 seed and Jets are the 6 seed.

Bottom line is the Jets win out they are in...Losing to Seattle only hurts if the Jets do not beat Miami. The Miami game is the season regardless of what happens.

15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I assume you mean Wild card edge assuming the Jets lose 17 and therefore lose the division. If the Jets win the Seahawks game and lose the Miami game and the above (and very unlikely) scenario happens, you need this one in 17: Jacksonville over Baltimore and Buffalo over New England. 10-6 Baltimore holds tiebrakers over the 3 AFC East teams

16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this earlier today. The Pats are really all but dead if the Jets, Dolphins and Ravens win this weekend. It would make me really happy to see the Pats miss the playoffs regardless of what happens with the Jets. I sure wouldn't bet against them though.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think I read somewhere this morning where it's possible for the Patriots to finish 11-5 and STILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS! Is this true?

18. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Yes. If the NYJs or Miami win 2 in a row and Baltimore just wins the next 2, they are out at 11-5(and hopefully 8-8 San Diego goes lol)

19. GreenMachine

If the Jets win out, and Baltimore win out, and Indy wins 1 of 2 games the pats would be 11-5 and watching from home.

20. GreenMachine