The Office

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Apr 25, 2008.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yeah I noticed all the real workers of the show in the episode. It was so odd. but very unique and special in television's history imho. I wish they would have let Kevin break his character in some interview, because he is a smart guy in real life. I found some nice clips on youtube that were put up you guys should check out. They're quite hilarious, and very satisfying.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

So.. after 2 years of below quality episodes, the Office really delivered on the finale IMO. Perfect closure.

Let's be real. Best. Cameo. Ever.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

[YOUTUBE]_sUB0TvsCWY[/YOUTUBE]

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I read a review of the finale the other day, and the writer said something that I thought was very interesting. He said that throughout the show he thought that he was watching it as Michael's story, or Jim's story or Dwight's story, but after the finale he realized that he was watching the show as if it was Pam's story. I thought that was interesting.

http://entertainment.time.com/2013/05/17/the-office-watch-thats-what-she-said/

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Season 9 was definitely Pam's story. Probably why Season 9 was terrible until the end.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The Andy storylines they kept pushing were pretty blah

the worst might've been him bursting in on that stupid song thing. How was that funny?

The best parts of The Office for me were Jim and Pam's reactions to Dwight (Jim and Pam are like the "straight men" to Dwight), and all the pranks Jim pulled on Dwight over the years.

Pretty funny line in the finale from Michael Scott.

"I feel like all my kids grew up, and then they married
    each other. It's every parent's dream."

Right in character.

Two things I remember:

a reporter to the Senator: "Senator, were you always gay, or did your wife turn you gay?"

and in an early season, Jim moving to Scranton and doing his "Future Dwight" pranks, sending Dwight faxes each morning

7. The Dark Knight

To me, the worst episode of the series was Andy thinking he was related to Michelle Obama. It was filled with no fun at all.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The continuity wasn't great when Dwight didn't realize the stripper at his bachelor party was a stripper.

He had hired her for Bob Vance's bachelor party in the third season, so you'd think he'd recognize her.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Worst episode for me was Scott's Tots where he promised to pay tuition for all those kids and he couldn't. So brilliantly awkward, I can't watch it again. Only episode I haven't seen more than once (not including season 9 which hasn't been released on DVD)

10. The Dark Knight

That is a funny episode. Any episode with Michael cannot be the worst! Haha.

11. displacedfan

It's hilarious, it's just way too painfully awkward for me. It's hilarious though.

The Deposition is one of my favorite episodes outside of season 2/3. If we included 2/3 my whole top 10 might be from there

12. The Dark Knight

The Best Non-Michael episode was in Season 8, where Andy got fired, had a nervous break down, yet went to the charity event with Erin. He talked about his Rock Opera and adopted like 12 dogs. In the same episode, Dwight won every item in the silent auction, as he thought he was playing "Guess the Price".

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Scott's Tots might be the only post-season 3 episode that comes close to the quality of the UK version.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

yeah I remember the charity auction well. When I started reading about the dogs I remembered Dwight winning everything. I wonder how he managed to pay for it all :lol:

15. Murrell2878

Scott's tots, diversity day are two of my all time favorites.

16. Murrell2878

I just watched the episode where they hold the pizza delivery guy hostage. this was at the height of Michael and Dwight's hilariousness

17. displacedfan

^^ This was the beginning of season 4 where they had 4 straight hour long episodes. This season was interrupted by the writer's strike. I think this season could have been amazing if given the full set episodes.

18. The Dark Knight

Yeah, no doubt Season 2 to Season 5 was the peak of the show. So many funny moments. It is hard for me to think what my actual favorite Michael-Dwight moment is. Maybe the Willy Wonka storyline.

19. displacedfan

The finale. If we take the finale out,

The fight where they go to Dwight's dojo and "fight" then Michael calls Dwight in just to tell him it was a test and he passed so now he was on a probationary Assistant Regional Manager period.

Prince family paper is good where they go out on their mission to get information from prince family paper while the office stays behind and discuss if someone is hot or not.