The Offense Has Regressed, Mark Sanchez Has Not.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Organized Chaos, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

This is all true. The way I am seeing it is Mark Sanchez has improved despite being under the worst offensive coordinator in the NFL (yes I went there). His supporting cast is worse. His line is a fucking swiss-cheese nightmare(hence the increase in fumbles, and Schotty is a fucktard.

As was pointed out in another thread, Quarterbacks Schotty has worked with
    Drew Brees
    -post Schotty he became Breesus Christ and is most likely HOF bound
    Phillip Rivers
    -once Schotty was gone he became "elite" to many people, though I still disagree
    Chad Pennington
    -post Schotty, comeback player of the year in Miami
    Brett Favre
    -complete shit-show with Schotty and then the following year in Minny he has the best numbers of his career

This guy is clueless. Lets see mark with someobdy who knows what they are doing before we throw him under the bus.

2. releasesanchez

releasesanchez New Member

How is it irellevant, Would Sanchez still be our starting quarterback with Brunell as his backup if he didn't have all this hype(being drafted #5) and being paid so much? Your saying we can't find a cheaper alternative to play as good or as better as Sanchez and spend the money on a competent SS, Te, and guard? Its ok for him to be paid like Tom Brady but play like Rex Grossman right?

#42 releasesanchez, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. Professor Frink

Another relevant point is that Sanchez is on pace to attempt 541 passes this year, easily a career high. That has to be take into consideration when you mention his improved yardage and TD totals.

It also shows that the offense is relying on him more, and the results haven't been pretty.

4. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

He has not regressed, he was just never any good to begin with.

He has plenty of weapons, he just cant keep himself from turning the ball over in a conservative offense.

And as for the completion percentage, he doesn't throw past 10 yards too often, so being at 57% percent is not that impressive.

So, he is the same mediocre qb he has been the last 2 years. And, in a head to head match-up with Tim Tebow, who is considered the worst starting qb in the NFL by many, he was the 2nd best qb on the field (would have been 4th if for some reason Quinn and Orton got in the game)...

5. releasesanchez

Exactly these idiots are acting like he improved from good numbers, infact #'s dont even matter hes throwing pick 6's at crucial situations. These people are acting like our offensive lines and wr's are the worst in history no they are not they are average- above average. The only thing Mark is good at is telling the media he didn't play a good game. No shit Sherlock you suck and many coaches would have moved on by now.

6. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Mark Sanchez is our QB for the forseeable future.

That is not changing. Deal with it and stop whining.

7. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

thats just not true. Setting aside everyones beliefs about whether sanchez is the guy or not, the bolded statement is just not true. Look at San Fran they still have Alex Smith as their QB 8 years later. Jamarcus Russel, is another recent example. Missing on a QB in round 1 costs a team 5 years. they avoid admitting they were wrong, they stick with their guy and do what ever they can to help him succeed.

This will be another such situation, Sanchez will at the very least have next year to prove he can be our QB (hopefully with a different OC) before our guys try to make a change. Before you scream out its just another obvious mistake, please realize none of those previous failures played in back to back AAFCCG in thier first two years. Plus as this thread points out, he is still progressing. Not nearly as much as we would like, but he is still getting better.

8. releasesanchez

Last 3 games he has been regressing no? Also Alex smith was playing on a terrible team no one cared and was benched many times in his 1st 6 seasons, Sanchez hasn't been benched once.

#48 releasesanchez, Nov 19, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

How many pick 6's has sanchez thrown this season compared to last ?

Most important stat- How many games did we lose this year because of Sanchez vs last ?

Empty stats mean shit to me

Tho I personally tho Wayne Hunter IS the biggest problem by far

10. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Troll much?

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You do realize the lock out was done to correct the exact problem here. Idiot fans complaining about high prices of high picks and expecting too much too soon because of rookie pay. Brick was also seen as a bust around here because people who know jack shit, like yourself in this instance, point to draft slot and pay as reasons to expect greatness from year one.

12. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Just goes to show what you get for 18 mil nowadays.......

13. The Mak

The Mak New Member

QUARTERBACK SALARY QUARTERBACK SALARY QUARTERBACK SALARY QUARTERBACK SALARY

Look at me, I'm an instant football guru! Everyone listen to me!

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:rofl2: Love it!

15. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

Totally agree with you

Although this latest loss was mainly because of him, he has improved
    he's not the best qb ever, but we dont need the best qb ever to win a superbowl

16. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

mark sanchez is playing like shit right now. if you dont see that you are out of your mind. that doesnt mean anything other than he is playing like shit right now. he is a good player, and with proper coaching could certainly win the jets a superbowl. the offensive problems with the team are far too great to be blamed on the quarterback alone. i know im not the only one who has noticed how every defense is able to do the same things against the jets. nobodies are getting game-changing interceptions, our running backs can no longer get through the holes quick enough, receivers are rarely breaking free, and when they do, the ball is off target if it even gets past coverage.

the offense has been figured out. it was never on the cutting edge or anything either, and so, now it is just plain awful. its a problem that many teams face. youll have a system working and then all of a sudden, one team comes along and gives you a hell of a game. next thing you know, youre seeing those same looks from other defenses until eventually the team adjusts and they no longer run the same exact play. whats happening to the jets offense is a combination of being figured out and not wanting to adjust. schotty's plays never change. this wouldnt be a problem if they were ever that great to begin with, however his entire offensive philosophy is one that is turning out to be flawed as defenses can both cover and stop the run with consistent success.

at this point, the jets would probably find more success with a total upheaval of the offense starting from the top down. mulligan and hunter need to go but those two players shouldnt be holding the offense back this much.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The only 'good thing' about having an average QB is it forces Tanny to build a 'real' football team. A team with a solid defense, a good OL, good running backs, good receivers.

It sounds like a lot of you are hoping Sanchez quickly becomes a Brady or Manning.

I'd rather have a good QB surrounded by a good team.

Go ask the Colts.

18. releasesanchez

Look at me I am a Nfl Quarterback, I get paid like a superstar, throw a pick 6 every game, can't read a Nfl coverage in my 3rd year, at times miss my receiver 10 times in a row by a mile, call a dumbass timeout at the end of the 2nd quarter that my own coach calls retarded, average 3 brain farts a game,but hey thanks to Mr Tanny I am still able to collect a huge paycheck, do Pepsi commercials all while stinking it up on the field.

19. 624

624 Banned

[​IMG]

20. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

There is so much more wrong with this team than Mark Sanchez, we get it you don't like him for whatever reason, I guess because he isn't Tom Brady. Do yourself a favor if you even are a real Jets fan and watch some games, because it does not seem like you do when all you do is shit on Sanchez.