The NY Jets have officially won the Sam Darnold trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 8, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with you to some extent, at least in terms of playing better, but in terms of maturity, Sam never ate a hot dog on the sideline, which imo is the height of immaturity. Sam also never had a buttfumble. Neither was what you could call cerebral or possessing of a high football IQ. Being very smart doesn't guarantee that a QB will succeed, but with all other things being equal, I'll take my chances with an intelligent QB every single time. When I say "intelligent," I mean both high football IQ, but also a high overall IQ. I don't think that either Darnold or Sanchez possess a high football IQ or overall high IQ.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's the physical potential. You see a guy who can make big time plays that not a lot of QBs can. the issue is all the bad ones between those. meanwhile "safe smart" QBs like drew brees made a career just getting the ball out fast to good spots and not throwing downfield.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sanchez is very smart footballwise. have you seen him commentate? He just couldn't process it fast enough on the field with pressure in his face. the hotdog thing is overblown. he was really hungry. it was affecting his performance. he ate. how is that immature?

Hemi and jets_fan like this.
  4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

The jets won the Darnold trade the moment it was made, as I’ve said on here since the beginning. Trying to acquire a franchise qb and not keeping mediocre qbs is always a winning philosophy in my book.

Also, I’d take Darnold as my qb any day over Sanchez.

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

and Sam NEVER plays a full season...always gets injured

Hemi and Acad23 like this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's his frail body.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Sam just needs time on the bench to observe another QB run the same offense. He be a true FQB when he returns.

Yankee6, barfolomew and jets_fan like this.
  8. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

I've heard this somewhere before...

barfolomew, NCJetsfan and jets_fan like this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain that Borat's tongue was planted firmly in his cheek when he posted that.

Gotham Green likes this.
  10. Gotham Green

I'll be honest. I'm a little bummed that Darnold hasn't worked out. Here's a guy who did not have very much to work with, in a high pressure city, with the offensive and defensive coaching staff at each other's throats and he never once threw anybody else under the bus. Lots of opportunities and pressure to do so, but he took it on himself. Those are the type of people I'd love to see succeed in this world. I'm a little bummed when they don't. Not too bummed, since he's got a nice multimillion dollar contract and we'll be getting a better draft pick out of the deal.

NY Jets68 and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kind of weird, dude. I’m indifferent as to what happens to Sam, but it’s not like he had some sort of rough upbringing or grew up without parents or something.

He’ll live the rest of his life in the top 1% of the country and will probably get on a pregame show after retiring.

Red Menace likes this.
  12. Gotham Green

Oh agreed. I guess it boils down to he faced some adversity, proved to not be an a-hole. My bar for sports players is pretty low lately.

stinkyB and JetBlue like this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fair enough. He was a good soldier and I understand the sentiment. Why root against him kind of deal.

I’m a bit of a grump when it comes to feeling sorry for the wealthy professional athlete that comes from a good home so ignore me lol.

Red Menace and Hemi like this.
  14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

For the Jets to officially win this trade, Darnold will have to retire and the Jets will have to draft a solid All-Pro type player with the pick acquired from Carolina. Don't see either of those things happening anytime soon...especially the latter...

15. Losmeister

this makes zero sense... RECUPERATING ANY PICKS was a win, Darnold is a bottom 4 QB in teh NFL.

cos the Darnold picks were all a wash cos he sucks...

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

When looking at the big picture, "Trade + Darnold + Won" are 3 words that never should be used in the same sentence...... they just lost less

17. Losmeister

actually, yeah, well said