The NY Jets have officially won the Sam Darnold trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

sure. i was more commenting cos of the keep Sam and build around him brigade being so fucking wrong that it is pathetic.

2. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

big difference benching a veteran for poor play and letting a rookie try to play through and get experience to learn from his mistakes.

cval and barfolomew like this.
  3. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

I wouldnt jump so fast to say they are wrong. 3 years from now Zach may be no better or even worse than Sam. Even still it was the right move not to pay Sam all that $.

Jets69, barfolomew and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

you dont build around a bad qb. he's a bad qb. as for Zach... jury out...ya keep tryna geta qb who is good. if your pick is bad, move on.

cval, barfolomew, Noam and 2 others like this.
  5. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

True but he was meant to have played well in TC under Gase who then just didn't want to know him, so as I hate Gase already I find the fact I can pin the blame on him forus potentially wasting a #2 pick or the chance to trade back, fair game :D

The funny thing is, he looks like a QB that could have played Gase's short passing style quite well, what stupid goggled eye twat he is.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think I saw earlier that Carolina is re-signing Cam.

7. NCJetsfan

Dude, seriously? What does it take for you? Sam SUCKS! Rhule is apoplectic. They are on the hook for close to $20 million next year for Sam, and he will be the backup. I will be very surprised if Sam ever starts for the Panthers or any NFL team again unless whomever is their starter gets injured.

The fans hate Sam. Rhule hates Sam. Sam just doesn't learn and refuses to change. He couldn't read a D and make consistently good decisions if you held a gun to his head. He still is throwing it up for grabs when he is at a loss, rather than throwing it away, and his accuracy still is awful. Do you watch him play buzzed out of your mind? If not, with all due respect, then you may need to have your eyes checked. You are literally the only person on this site or on twitter that still believes in Sam.

Borat and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well ..good to know the Jets would never become like Humphrey Bogart:

"Play it again Sam"

Casablanca

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Yup they are officially signing him.

You think Sam Darnold has accepted he sucks yet?

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Whether he accepts it or not, if he wants to stick around in the NFL, it's going to be as a backup QB.

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Look, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you say above, you can say pretty much anything, no matter how obvious it is that it's wrong. As such, perhaps Josh Johnson is the real FQB out of all of them. He has the highest passer rating this year than all the Jets and Panthers QB, including Sam, Zach, White, Cam, Flacco. In fact, it's higher than Mahomes and Allen also. He just needed a chance, and he finally got it. He should be starting this week against Bills. At 35 years of age, he is almost 10 years younger than reigning SB QB Brady, and we can get a good decade out of him as FQB. Jets just need to build around Josh, and sky is the limit!

BradysTornACL likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Now that's an interesting take... :rolleyes:

13. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Pop them bottles boys!!! This is the biggest win in years

legler82 and abyzmul like this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

AND Sanchez wasn't around long enough to have his body ruined by football.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Sam was doing so well in the Carolina offense early in the season. Not great, but very well. What happened?

16. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Let's start with the Darnold fans here first.

The whole his weapons sucks.. well first, he has CM one of the best offensive players in all of football. But also, while I can't say I've seen a lot of his games... DJ Moore is an extremely good player.

He played well, it happens. That's why we watch sports. The Orioles are usually in first place for a week or 2 before they have 100 losses at the end of the season. I don't get why this is a tough concept for people.... Mainly the ones who see a player have a good half and compare their stats to players that have hundreds of more snaps during the season (post #111, I get it was sarcastic just an example), or demand change in the CS/call rookies busts when they've been in the league for 5 games like they are some Nostradamus.

I get there's only 17 football games, but it's still the same as any other sport. Players get hot occasionally, players get cold occasionally.. but a few games doesn't crown anyone. 2 or 3 good games doesn't erase years of sucking.

#116 JackBower, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    dmw likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I think he has always known it.

18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

If he grows a cool beard, he could be the next Fitzmagic.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

He'll probably stick around for another 5 or 6 years before he decides to retire. He's basically Sanchez 2.0, though I think Sanchez was actually better, more mature, and he had longer stretches of competent play than Darnold.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

At least I wasn’t wrong in preferring Rosen…they both suck.

I never understood the hype about Darnold; he never looked good at USC. He simply had enough big third down and long conversions that were celebrated that conveniently ignored he was generally the reason for those third and long situations.

It all comes back to that come from behind Rose Bowl win against Penn State, which he was decent in but was arguably due more to his talented receivers who were open.