The No Huddle offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mem_reddog, Sep 18, 2006.

1. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

This was a great adjustment by Mangini at halftime. The next time we play the Patriots I would love to see more of this. It didn't allow Belicheck to setup his defense, and had them on their heels. Considering the fact that we couldn't stop the run and we were not able to run the ball, I was impressed with the fact that we were able to get back in the game. There are lots of improvements that need to be made, but I am glad that we made a game of it. The short punt at the end of the first half wound up being the difference in the game, what are your thoughts.

2. sect105

sect105 New Member

We were in the no huddle the entire game. That was NOT a halftime adjustment.

3. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

Sorry, I had to listen to the game on the radio, and I was under the impression that it was halftime adjustment, at least that is what the radio announcers said. Anyway what were your thoughts about the game.

4. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

i'm a fan of the no huddle, i think it's a good tempo for us, and its obvious that chad is smart enough to run it...if we can establish ANY kind of run, it will definatly be a great weapon

5. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

What was the deal at the end of the game though? I thought it was terribly executed. Pennington held the ball forever every play, then threw short to a guy in the middle of the field with a defender right behind him to tackle him. Maybe no one was getting open, but it just seemed like a terrible job of a 2 minute offense.

6. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

I would have to assume that it was because NE was taking away the sidelines. I am downloading the game now, so I will watch it tonight and be in a better position to get a better analysis. Yesterday I was just happy to be able to listen to the game on the radio.

7. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

I would argue that the NO huddle should be used exclusively. Chad has NO running game. He does however have a great intellect fro the game.A open passing attack with a up tempo offense could bring us some wins in 06'.

8. NY-Jets18

NY-Jets18 New Member

man i love the no huddle, that was great by mangini, it worked better in the 2nd half since we scored all the points then, we tired out the pats defence that way it was good, if Chad could as efficient as Peyton w/ no huddle, Jets could be a force to be reckoned w/

PS running game needs improvement first

9. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Seymour actually mentioned that the no-huddle really tired out the D-line at times. That alone is a good enough reason to do it.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

ut-oh, Seymour dropped information that can be used against the Pats. i bet that had Billy throwing a tantrum.

cheers