-The New York Knicks 2012-2013 Season Thread-

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Woodson did what he does all the time throughout the playoffs... He benched key crucial players like Kidd, Camby, Stoudemire, Novak, and Copeland for a while too. If you have a lot of bigs they should of kept trying different guys to see who had success with Hibert. They didn't try Camby at all through the playoffs and limited Stoudemires minutes In a game 6 elimination. Plus Kidd with his veteran leadership been In the playoffs and won a title that's the person who you would think you want on the floor. Even though Kidd didn't score he protects the ball and JR was horrible the whole playoffs.

#2561 tanknyc, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Woodson messed up by not playing Copeland in game 3 and 4

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Kidd was maybe worse (debatable) but he didn't single handedly shoot us out of games. He knew he was struggling and as a result didn't shoot much. JR could learn from him. Dude just hoists up shots like there's no tomorrow without consequence. Kidd was bad, but seriously the guy is 40 and played starter minutes most of the year. No surprise he's worn out.. and you didn't see Kidd fouling people on 3 point shots. That is JR's signature move and he did it twice in the series. JR's other signature move? Committing stupid fouls when we are in the penalty and giving away free points.

4. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I almost forgot about that! Yeah, that was terrible and it fucked us. How can they let that shit happen? They should have redone the play. First time I've ever seen a jump ball turn into fast break points that fast. Straight BS.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

To be fair crucial players like Stoudemire & Novak were hurt and on minute limitations. Camby hadn't played well since his latest injury and Kidd was worn out and wasn't playing like himself. He was late on screens, he couldn't shoot, although he still got some steals and deflections. I agree about Copeland. I really don't like seeing him catch fire and then immediately go to the bench. If he's playing well and JR Smith is sucking dick, then give Copeland more minutes and JR less. I don't think Woodson understands that concept, hence our team living and dying with JR Smith ALL SEASON.

Just look at the stats. JR had a hot start and everyone was singing his praises when we were 18-5. Then he cools down and we nurse back Shumpert and Stoudemire. JR played crappy for the next couple months up until the all star break and we went around .500 for most of that stretch. He heated up again at the end of the year and we had the 13 game winning streak and he somehow stole the 6th man award and tricked us all that he wasn't the same streaky player... until the playoffs where he went back to his usual self. Woodson needs to give him the boot or straight up tell him he will ride the bench if he can't stop shooting. He's the worst type of player to have on your team because you never know when he will get hot or go cold. This is the 2nd year in a row he went cold in the playoffs.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Dean Meminger #7 RIP

[​IMG]

8. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

9. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Lots of national games...

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Heat/Knicks in NY the night before the SB.. Stars are gone be out for that.

Play the pacers on TNT so unbiased Reggie Miller is definitely going to be announcing that. I like ABC national games because of the getting either Hubie or JVG. Besides those two I would rather have Clyde/breen combo