-The New York Knicks 2012-2013 Season Thread-

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Sep 30, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

And I wish Amare was good at defense and rebouding and could stay healthy. He was the first to come to NY and try to help. Just doesn't have what it takes anymore. PHX knew what they were doing letting him walk and wanting his contract insured

2. displacedfan

THIS too:

Phil Taylor ‏@SI_PhilTaylor 42s
    I'll just say this: Be interesting to see if refs still believe in "principle of verticality" when Hibbert contests LBJ at the rim.

This will be interesting to watch. Very interesting

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

4. displacedfan

^ Not likely unless a 3rd team gets involved, or CP3 holds the Clippers hostage then only wants a small contract in his first year.

You found a good article as he explains, it's not impossible, but probably not likely

5. displacedfan

Oh. Alan Hahn just mentioned this, Melo has an opt out next year, along with what feels like half the NBA (lebron included)

If Melo doesn't like what he sees, he can always opt out. Offseason very important.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Friggin Woodson after the game...you know..there is nothing wrong with whining...nothing. Riley...whined his way to the top...Phil Jackson..whined his way to the top.

After the game Woodson says you cant blame the refs...HUH? Even if thats true you whine..you set yourself up until it happens. You whine for Anthony until the whining works. Sometimes it takes a couple years to get ALL the calls..but you whine.

48 foul shots to 18? Are you kidding me? Chandler gets his 5th foul called down low for pushing off? Are you fucking kidding me? Does anyone watch the way Carmelo gets thumped every time he backs in?

And then you have Camby sitting on the bench. Better be hurt. I want and need to hear that he was hurt. Is Camby the Camby of old? No..but he blocks shots and he is hard to shoot over and Martin was destroyed as was Chandler.

Was he the answer? Who the f knows...but we never ever got a chance to find out. How do you not put him in for a 8 minute stretch to find out?

Just like you waited too long to get Copeland his minutes...waited to long to realize Kidd had not scored a field goal since april 23rd.

This was bad preparation and its something that has followed Woodson his entire career. And I truly love the guy....he is a good guy..and a very good coach getting the best out of guys..but he is not a good coach when it comes to playing your way not playing their way.

Those 3's they hit in the second half have been there the whole time..even in the Celtic series. We just changed our game to go hard to the net every time even if the other team is blocking every shot down low.

Ok..move on...I have faith that the front office is solid..and will bring in the right people to make this team better.

#2546 jaywayne12, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  7. jaywayne12

I wouldnt bring Smith back...not after seeing those stats for last year and this year come playoff time. The guy has no fire and not gut for tough times...none.

I loved him all year long but he is a goner in my book.

8. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

but you can blame the fucking refs. Who the fuck do can you blame?

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Translation of Woodson's comment "I can't blame the refs, because I'll get fined, but to anyone with eyes and a brain, it was obvious. Not trying to say anything... just saying"

JR Smith. Poor officiating wouldn't have mattered if the dude even shot semi decently.

#2549 Barcs, May 19, 2013
    Last edited: May 19, 2013
  10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I watched from work and from what I seen ...

AYFKM???

The refs absolutely fucked us !!
    Fuck Stern and his minions... This was straight BS.

11. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

I don't understand all the hate on Stern, why wouldn't he want the ECF to be played in one of the biggest media markets the NBA has?

Makes no sense.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

All things considered, the refs screwing us notwithstanding, an overall disappointing season

13. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

The refs were fuckin lousy. Alot of the calls were questionable. And that fucked up jump ball to Amare was the nail in the coffin.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

because Stern defends the horrible officiating, which means he encourages it.

the officials in the game yesterday should have been puled after the first quarter with hw they were calling the game so blatantly one-sided.

15. jaywayne12

I think this is a valid point against Stern. My hatred towards Stern on this topic is the incredible discrepancy between fouls called for the home team and fouls called against the road team in the NBA...period. It has always been a huge joke.

I would think Stern would have loved 2 things here...1 having a game 7..and 2 having the Knicks and the Heat.

Still....46 foul shots to 18 foul shots and the team that shot 46 foul shots is a below average offensive team that lives and survives by playing tough defense...so either you have a game where they let them play or you dont.

Its not physically possible to have a game where one team shoots 28...TWENTY EIGHT..more foul shots than the other.

Having Woodson say it was not the difference in the game is a damn joke. If the Knicks shot 10 more foul shots and still shot 18 foul shots less...this is a different game.

"but they out-rebounded us and they shot better than us" Given..still has nothing to do with the fact that deciding score was hugely decided on the foul line.

Like I said before, you bitch and moan for the future. If that means you get fined..you get fined. Saying after the game it had no play in the game by your head coach is total bullshit. Thats not defending your team and your star player.

28 MORE FOUL SHOTS IN A 48 MINUTE GAME. Think about that.

16. jaywayne12

I will take it a step further without having the stats. In the history of the NBA...I think its safe to say that a team that shot 28 LESS FOUL SHOTS..never won that game.

Sure you can knit pick 4 or 5 fouls that were dumb etc...but you can for the other side too. I hate discussing refs after the fact...but 28 LESS FOUL SHOTS.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Typical hate for NY Jay..BS

18. displacedfan

I read the FT disparity in the last 3 games of the 06 finals was less than the FT disparity between the last 3 games of our series. The 06 finals was the Wade vs Mavs one. Ridiculous.

Again, it will be very interesting if the Pacers are allowed to play this way vs the Heat

19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Thought I would just take a whole day off before making any comments. I have to totally agree with everything being discussed above. The FT disparity (the only reason we lost) was a total joke. It has nothing to do with the NBA rigging the game/series, or, that "why would anyone want the Pacers to win when the Knicks are a better match up vs the Heat".

There were a lot of suspect calls all series. But this game was the worst of all. That and 1 4 point play for Paul George they called against Melo, was a complete JOKE. The Tyson Chandler foul out was a joke. The late foul on Iman was a JOKE (he actually completely wiffed on the reach). I mean it goes on and on. Were the Pacers a better TEAM this series? Yes. This cannot be denied. They played much better as a group. BUT, its impossible for anyone to win when an opposing team is shooting 20+ more FT's than you. Carmelo was not getting those calls, in fact, he doesn't get the super star calls everyone else gets.

1 thing that really irked me and I was red hot Woodson didn't bench him. JR lack of hustle. Early on in the game (i cannot reference the exact time), but the ball bounced off the rim on an Indiana miss where JR sort of casually walked towards the ball as both teams started running, I believe it was DJ Augustine who came in and snatched the ball away, giving them an extra possession. Then JR had that huge turn over (just being lazy) along the sideline which became another Indiana 2 points. That was 4 total points on just laziness. I pray they do not bring JR back, I will not miss him. Hes too chaotic and wild.

20. displacedfan

^^ I believe Woodson did bench him, but then Shump got hit with another foul his 3rd in the 1st half and I think it was either JR or more Kidd. Even with how bad JR was playing, Kidd was worse in my opinion.