The New York Jets NEED Pass Rushers (Top 6 prospects)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PennyandtheJets, Jan 31, 2021.

1. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Here is a longer video of me breaking down some of the better prospects available in the NFL Draft.

Let me know what you guys think. My favorite guy right now is Patrick Jones from Pitt.

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Payton Turner and Thomas Booker with our 3rd rounders would be a nice addition

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  3. PennyandtheJets

Haven’t don’t any research on those guys. Thank you for giving me a few names to look into.

4. Rockinz

They play for Houston and Stanford. Turner had a nice game vs BYU that’s worth the watch to see Wilson and Turner on the field. Booker vs USC was a good game for him.

5. PennyandtheJets

I’m definitely gonna check them out. Thanks again. I’m thinking about doing a Jets mock draft on my channel sooner rather than later. In my mind, the Jets need to come away with at least 1 DE in this draft.

I also like the idea of them going after a veteran to help lessen the burden/pressure.

6. Rockinz

I agree I was going to add Solomon Thomas to mine as a free agent but he tore up his knee at Metlife and complained about the turf so I doubt he comes.

Red Menace and PennyandtheJets like this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

I think Kerrigan would be a decent signing. He is long in the tooth, but would be a really good rotational player and could be a great mentor to Zuniga and any drafted DEs.

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I've said this before. The 2022 draft is supposed to have blue chip pass rushers. Would we be better off waiting until then to get the stud prospect and filling other big holes this year?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! One can't panic and reach for players because of need. If there were no very good/great QB prospects in this draft, I would have wanted to wait until next year. There are no blue chip pass rushers in this draft. That should wait until next year. Let's see what Zuniga and Huff can do. Maybe take one in the 4th or 5th round, but not one in the first 2 rounds, and the earliest I'd take one this year would be with the 2nd third round pick. It's not a great draft for CBs, either. It is a great draft for QBs, WRs,RBs,OL, and pretty strong for TEs and LBs. Just because the Jets have big needs at DE and CB doesn't mean that we should reach for players to fill those needs. We need to draft to the strength of the draft.

Leicester Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

We have needed pass rushers for decades now. its really a shame.

between that and the QB position this team is a persistent mess.

PennyandtheJets and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

if what u claim is accurate then not a terrible idea.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wait for 2022

No worries Penny. Robert Saleh can make the D work with Q and the rest of JDs picks

We turn chickenshit into chicken salad

sallam alleichim bro

13. PennyandtheJets

Still think there are some pass rushers worth drafting this year and we can always double down in 2022. Pass rush has to be fixed. It’s been too damn long in my opinion.

FJF likes this.
  14. PennyandtheJets

I’m totally fine with seeing what we have in Zuniga and Huff for sure, but I think it makes sense to take another swing again in this draft to add to our pass rusher rotation. Definitely need more DEs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The good news is we don't have to do the thinking, wishing , hoping the Jets understand what the Team needs are.

So these guys Douglas and Saleh will absolutely see your point...what they do about it I couldn't tell ya aha

16. NCJetsfan

I think the Jets will sign a DE in FA, maybe even 2.

17. PennyandtheJets

I’d be very much on board with that. I want to see our pass rush get better and I am so glad we are back to the 4-3

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It could be true but a lot changes in a year. Joe Burrows is a good example of that. OK starter to probably the best CFB season of all time and consensus #1 overall. I don't think NFL teams look at leaving positions with holes and hope they'll get a good enough pick to fill it the following year.

Thinking along your lines though, Kayvon Thibodeux is going to be the second coming of Von Miller. He absolute dominated the LOS last year in every game he played in. Needs to get a little bigger but man was he a monster.

19. NCJetsfan

In the Jets' case, unless they trade for Watson, they know they have two 1st round picks and could trade up for a stud DE next year.

In general, even though there are no guarantees in which draft players will appear (except for Seniors), I think teams should definitely include future draft classes in their plan to build the team. I think teams should draft to the strength of the draft and not reach for a position of need in a draft that is weak or not very strong at that position. For instance, this is a very strong draft for QBs and WRs. It's not a very good draft class for DEs/Edges, CBs or IOL. Next year's draft is not supposed to be very good or deep at QB, but is supposed to be very good for DEs/Edge Rushers. Converseley, this is shaping up to be a very good draft for QBs, but not a very good draft for DEs/Edge Rushers. Therefore, imo, the Jets should focus on getting their new QB this draft, not next year's draft, and should wait until next year to find that stud DE/Edge Rusher.

Similarly, it's also a pretty strong and deep class for RBs and OTs, and a pretty good one for LBs. It's not a very strong or deep draft for IOL, but at the range of the #23 and #34 picks what good IOL there are could be available. Because of that, if there's a very good IOL in FA, then the Jets should try to add at least one OG in FA. They possibly can draft one at #23 or #34, but if they miss those couple of prospects earlier, unless they like someone in a middle or later round, then they'll need to wait until next year to draft an IOL. If they're not able to get an IOL they like this year, then they should focus on WR, RB or another position (maybe LB) that has a very good prospect, and look to get an IOL in next year's draft.

20. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I'm extremely impressed with Franklin-Myers' pass rush skills. I think he's a starting caliber player. Does anybody think he can be a 4-3 left end, to complement Q and Foley? He does have some experience at end in a 3-4, and he can move inside next to Q on passing downs. I think Shepherd can give Q and Foley a breather.

NCJetsfan likes this.