The New Stadium: Thoughts

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by KHBirdman, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I heard a "fire alarm" type sound twice during the game. Not nearly as cool as the air horn

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yes, I thought it was very strange that they were different sizes.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They had a message on one of the boards that the fire alrm was a false alarm.

4. Modern Day Jesus

Modern Day Jesus New Member

The one thing that I really couldn't stand were the Escalators...

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was awful, we went from one nice long escalator to having to walk around 3 of them. My worst fears about this building are coming true, it's still nicer the FedEx but a very similar design and that game I went to down there was a nightmare to get out of.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i walked from the 1st level to the upper deck.very stupid

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The escalators were retarded. Can't imagine how bad they'll be when the real show starts.

8. Modern Day Jesus

Modern Day Jesus New Member

Seriously horrible. The 3 seperate escalator system is ridiculous. Add that to the fact that people don't walk forward while on the escalator, and major delays are a result.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You'd like them a whole lot better had you tried the end zone ramps. Avoid at all costs. Longest ramp trip in the history of public buildings. Thought I'd never get up there.

Upper deck area is nothing special. At times it seemed like less room than before, and it was dark. They claimed to have hi def screens everywhere but the only places really where behind the concession counters and there were so many in those areas it was silly. They have some above you in the concourse, but they ought to be bigger and more of them to see as you walk by. The mens room I went to seemed weird. Urinals lining two sides, at a right angle. Big empty center area???? No line though, which is what counts the most.

During the game I had a hard time locating down and distance, found the additional ads on the screens annoying and clumsy, and was disappointed in the usage of the ribbon scoreboard - mostly, surprise surprise, to advertise. I hope things improve, but it seems this place is nice for the lower level seating and the clubs. The rest of us are paying more, seeing less, and when you throw in the parking options for us, made to feel unimportant to the team. The entire game I thought "The Giant fans who paid a PSL for these very seats are NOT going to be happy"

I describe this stadium as being "spectacularly unimpressive"

10. jaybny

jaybny Banned

--scoreboard was very annoying.. was impossible to see down and distance
    --ads on side of hi-defs were terrible...
    --best thing about place is the outdoor promenade, for smoking
    --no lines for bathroom... but i still go in from the exits.

thank god i didnt buy the psl.. wish they build the west-side stadium.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Imagine what the prices would be if that happened, with all expenses incurred by the Jets and not shared?

PSL's from 20 to 50K minimum, ticket prices $150.00 to a Thousand per game.

12. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

--no lines for bathroom... but i still go in from the exits.

haha thats awesome, i did the same thing. Its like religion your just use to doing it. Pretty funny i bet alot of people still do that.

13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Seems like many people here were let down by the stadium. I have a question though. My girlfriend and I are looking into getting tickets to the game against the ravens. The only thing stopping me from getting them is the fact that combined for two tickets and parking it would come close to 500 (considering we want to sit in the lower endzone section). I would settle for the upper prime or upper sideline levels but i figure they would have horrible seats. If anyone knows how the upper primes/sideline seats are please let me know

14. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

Last night during the first qtr they announced that there was a fire emergency in the stadium and that everybody should evacuate:eek:hmy:, then later they posted on the scoreboard that it was a false alarm...:smile:

15. ganggreengirl

ganggreengirl New Member

I sat up there for a bon jovi concert and they were awful. I'm sure prices will drop on stub hub once the game gets closer.

16. jaybny

jaybny Banned

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Yeah right.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Wait so with the Jets shops do they have to switch it to Giant shops the next game or do they just close it up or will they have both open during the games just for the hell of it.

19. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I didn't attend the game last night, but I have friends who did and I've been told they were quite dissappointed. One of the greatest cities in the world, spending $1.8B on a stadium and it's a concrete jungle.

I've been to Arizona's new stadium, Texas' Reliant Stadium and Denver's Invesco Park...all fan friendly and nice.

I have a friend who bought tix in upper deck non-psl and he said that he couldn't even see the numbers on the jerseys. That's bad.

Glad I didn't buy my season tix.

20. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I really hope they drop because the ticket prices are crazy!!