The New England encounter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

LMAO - I couldn't agree more ollie. I have been living here in New England for almost 12 years now and while I really am not a baseball fan, the whole YANKEES SUCK thing drives me frigging nuts. It was one thing to hate them and chant that crap before they won the series after completely humiliating them (Yankees) in the greatest comeback in baseball, but now that they did that you have YANKEES SUCK cranked up and on all the time. Show some class, pleeeeeeease. :smile:

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

You're kidding, right?

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

No i'm not....

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Then you really don't understand the Yankee-Redsox fan interaction at all.

I watched it for most of my youth and was amazed at how deep the fan rivalry was, and how arrogant Yankees fans were once they got back on the winning track in the mid 70's.

Right now I think it's fair to say that both the Yankees and Sox fans are acting like spoiled brats. 5x the payroll of the average team will do that to you.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

OK how many NEP fans do you know? How many NEP fans do you think there are? Million's? Less then a million but more then 3/4 of million? less then 3/4 million but less then 1/2 million? Less then 1/2 million but not more then 100K? Less then 100K. So I would suggest unless you know EVERY NEP fan how can you make the judgement you made about there fans? The reason I asked is I was in the Philly area before the NYGs game was played & my son took me to his office to meet the people he works with. I wore NYJ gear simnce it was also before the NEP game. I met the prez of his company + VPs, sales managers, salesman, controller, treasurer, HR person. ALL who were PE fans & they surely were as far away from the PE fans protrayed on this forum by several posters. Do you really not think that just like us they have fans that are MDs, Attornies, high level management people, sales managers so on & so forth & I would state they are very far removed from the NEP fans you depicted.

Your should not allow your jealously for the NEP's cause of there past successes vs our constant losing to cloud your thinking. I'm sure there are many Pat fans that are to use a word you did not use decent & nice people.

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Hey champ... he lives up there... I think he has a good opinion of "New England" fans...

same with me... half my family is up there... I spend a ton of time there as well... Try walking around with Yankee gear up there and see how many people comment... And I'm not just talking about young guys... Old women, old men, cops, young kids... the abuse comes from everywhere and is endless..

That doesn't happen for the most part to Boston fans wearing there gear in NY... there's some teasing and comments but in never rises to the level of what Boston fans dish out

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

All I am saying which you failed to grasp I guess that of the millions there are always a few rotten apples in the barrel. No different then NYJ fans or for that matter any other teams fans. My point is do not tar & feather EVERY NEP or any other teams fan for the actions of a few. See the example of the Eaglr fans I met recently. BTW they have EVERY right to be proud 3 SBs in 5 years will do that 2 U U know? I was that way after SB3 it is the nature of the beast to be proud of your team esspecially when they are WORLD CHAMPIONs not once. not twice but 3 times. You sound like another very, very jealous NYJ fan & U R allowing your jealously to cloud your thinking IMHO

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

It's not jealousy ... I've been encountering the Boston sports fan my entire life... My opinions are based on my observations... I'm a die hard Yankee fan... I've seen my team win 6 championships in my lifetime ... and though I'm a die hard Jets fan as well, I have very little to be jealous of NE about... All I can tell you is this...

I've worn Yankee and Jets gear in Boston, Philly, LA, Houston, Denver, the Carolinas, Miami, San Fran, Dallas and a bunch of others.... and in no other city have people reacted like the do in Boston... not even Philly...

and when I did get a comment the inidividual had a Boston accent...

9. Ive lived in New England my entire life...and I'e concluded this theory...

It is indeed true that all fan bases have good fans and bad ones...

However..

In boston the good one's are some of the best and the bad one's are some of the worst.