The N.E Patriots run is over: The Cheaters are finished.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Losing Brady if he was in fact shot is addition by subtraction. The question is was he shot? If he was the Pats will actually be better.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

An old man Tom Brady even if "shot" is still 10x the QB a Brian Hoyer could ever dream of becoming and while Brady only threw 8 INT's last year there were younger QB's such as Winston throwing and tossing up 30+ interceptions.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Brian Hoyer will not be the Pats starting QB. Stidham beat him out for the backup job last year.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I bet Belichick rolls with Stidham in 2020. How it turn out is anyone's guess.

5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The relationship between Belichick and Brady has been deteriorating for the last several years.

1. It started with Brady going to Kraft to get his contract done all those years which probably pissed Bill off. Kraft sort of admitted that when he said for the last 10 years recently.
    2. Bill saying you have to talk to Tom during Deflate-Gate did not sit well with Brady.
    2. Bill trying to get rid of him for Jimmy G.
    3. Losing the SB to the Eagles when the offense never punted did not sit well with Brady. Especially the strange benching of Butler. He supposably threatened to never come back afterward.
    4. Brady not going to OTAs pissed Bill off.
    5. Only signing Tom 1 year at a time pissed Brady off.
    6. Brady was told that his input was no longer needed for game planning.

When the Patriots were 8-0 last year and Brady was still miserable was an obvious sign there was something wrong at the Patriot place. Belichick praising the backup QB Jarrett Stidham
    for being available for practices was an obvious dig at Brady.

I could go on but I think I have made my point. Now comes the million-dollar question, who wins this ego battle? Or do they both lose? Time will tell.

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

You guys owe A LOT of Money in dead cap because of Brady and as a team over 20M in dead cap (over 10%) of total cap space e even after Brady leaves already feeling his aftermath.

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's about the same as Trumaine Johnson is costing us this year.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

As a team N.E is $23M in dead cap though.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Let's see what we do in the offseason now that we have a small window with a cheap QB. NE will have Brady off their books next year. We have a little head start hopefully Douglas and Gase know what they are doing. Will see.

10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Brady is just another NFL marketing gimmick at this point. It was inevitable that he turned into a cartoon character considering that this is all scripted.

11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

The Cap situation for the Pats is pretty bad. The stupid Boston media obviously doesn't understand Cap finances and they keep complaining why Belichick didn't spend the money on getting Brady better weapons.

I think after next year they will be out of cap hell.

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

2020 started with such promise. Should have known it would soon go to hell when Neil Peart died.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

At the time of this thread I never thought we'd be without our 3 best players in Jamal Adams, Robby Anderson and CJ Mosley therefore I never imagined an 0-16 type of season but if we're able to draft Trevor Lawrence #1 overall 2020 will become more than worth it.

However I was 100% right about NE being finished. They are now 2-4 overall and looking awful without Brady.

I was 100% right about Bill becoming exposed as a fraud. I mentioned how Belly was 14 games below .500 without Tom Brady the GOAT (now 16 games below .500 without Tom Brady).

And I was 100% right how their fake #1 Defense would fall off a cliff once Brady left them due to A.) No longer having a legendary QB who gave their defenses early leads to play with. B.) No longer having great field position due to Brady being a QB who rarely turned the ball over and C.) No longer a Defense that plays behind an offense who keeps the clock running by moving the chains on 3rd downs.

Bill is now 16 games below .500 without Brady @ QB. Not a small sample size either; 100+ games of evidence.

Yes. The Jets stink as always. Nothing new to me. I'm used to it by now but damn does it feel good to see Bill @ 2-4 and looking like the Bill who CLEVELAND BROWNS FIRED due to being a career loser.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

great Nostradamus. now the Patriots are probably gonna beat Buffalo Sunday

Woodhead likes this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Who freaking cares?!? Let them mess up their draft position all they like, because NE isn't going anywhere without Brady. 6-10 team @ best. Maybe 7-9 and that's about the worst place a team can finish. Not good enough for the playoffs and mediocre draft position etc.

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

But know how to win games which means something

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not true.

Jets going over the past 4 seasons of 5-11, 5-11, 4-12 and 7-9 (last year) hasn't meant a damn thing; outside of being on a treadmill and running still. 21 wins over the past 4 years and look @ us now. Means nothing unless you have winning season's.

I hope Bill coaches a full 5 years in NE without Brady as he did in Cleveland (2020 being one of them) because during these 5 season's? He'll have at least 4 losing years (as he did in Cleveland) and then for the next 20+ years it'll be HILARIOUS to see the look on his FACE every time someone mentions his career losing record WITHOUT Tom Brady. He'll have the look of a miserable fraud on his face who's been exposed as a career losing fraud who even had to cheat with the GOAT.

There are 100 million reasons why Tom left Bill for Tampa Bay. One of them was so when Tom retires? He'll be respected as the GOAT and someone who could win without cheating while exposing his head coach at the same time. Bill needs Brady but Brady never needed Bill. If Brady never left Bill and retired a Patriot? His greatness would always be questioned due to Bill's cheating ways. And Brady wanted none of that. Bill was like a DARK CLOUD hovering over his greatness as a QB.

18. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

I don't know about that, they beat Buffalo on Sunday and the division is back in play. If they lose there is a fire sale.
    BB probably has a plan either way but they looked dangerous those first few games when they took the Seahawks to the limit and KC couldn't score on them.
    Having his kid as the DC is a bad look though.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I knew one of his sons were their OLB coach and another one of his sons were their Safety coach but Defensive Coordinator? lol that's funny to me. Now without Brady all 3 of them Bill and his 2 weirdo sons can become losers together.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'll consider it over when Buffalo beats them in games that count or a AFC East team finally sweeps them again something that hasn't happened since 2000 when the Jets did it I believe.