The N.E Patriots run is over: The Cheaters are finished.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jan 4, 2020.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

They still have a very good D and I don't think they will be done until Bill leaves. I do think the Pats dynasty with Brady is over. Brady isn't "Brady the GOAT" anymore. NE will probably still be the favorite to win the division but for the first time in a long time that is no longer a guarantee. The Bills could challenge especially if they have another good offseason to improve their offense.

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Two teams stick out to me; Colts and the Bears. I think going to either one would make the most sense for him. Perhaps Jacksonville too, but I definately don't see him signing with anyone like the Dolphins or the Redskins.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Chargers as well. That roster is ready made with talent all over the place. They were hurt all season but moving into a new stadium and what not would be enticing in his home state and a warm weather arena.

What a fuck you to Philip Rivers that would be.

Broncos are a thought too. I think those 4-5 teams are the only ones in play though. Maybe Carolina as well?

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Panthers are interviewing McDaniels today and is said to be their top choice. A McDaniels & Brady pairing in Carolina sounds great to me.

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I would think after Belifraud retires McDaniels is heir apparent. Isn't that the deductive reasoning behind McDaniels' screwing the Colts at the last minute?

[​IMG]

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, TB has to leave NE now - he’s lost the WR coach that was responsible for their high-powered passing game this year. ;)

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

Yup, and the HC job's are all but filled and Josh McDaniels is still on the Pats staff. I don't think Brady is going anywhere.

9. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

I never thought he would (unless he retires).. honestly I think this season lights fire under Belichek and Brady to go all out next year and go out as champs

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think Belichik wants Brady back. He just doesn't know if he can do better for the same money in 2020.

Building a team for Brady next year doesn't involve huge drawbacks because whoever replaces him would get the benefit of the infrastructure upgrades in 2020. However, that said it is not going to be easy to fill-in the blanks on that Patriots offense at a level where they might make Brady highly effective again. There's actually only one QB in NFL history who makes the case that you can be highly effective after 40 when you declined the year before and that's Brett Favre. He went to a stacked Vikings team on offense with Adrian Peterson, Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin and Visanthe Shiancoe as his primary targets. The Vikings OL had Steve Hutchinson and Bryant McKinnie covering his blind side.

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This site went all florham park on me for a week, so, in case anyone's wondering, fuck Tom Brady.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

No way is he coming to JAX..... smallest market in NFL (outside of Green Bay), shitty offensive line, minimal play-makers and $ tied up in Foles..... I can see San Di-ago...err LA Chargers.... as the 1st choice. Colts as #2

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Quoted for truth.

I've known for months now, that Tom Brady played his last game as a Cheatriot.

Bill Belichick is a career loser and 14 games below .500 after 6-7 seasons (years) without Tom Brady. N.E is done and Belichick will lose without him.

N.E's defense will fall to shit too because they will no longer have a MACHINE @ QB who moves the chains, keeps his defenses off the field and even on punts gives them great field position to defend after picking up 4-5 1st downs during any given drive. It has also helped NE's defense over the years by playing with a lead due to Tom Brady putting up TD and FG drives at will.

TOM BRADY IS GONE!!!!!!

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

He was pretty much half gone all last season and they still kicked the shit out of the Jets. Just saying.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

17. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

The Chiefs won the SB yet all I see on every sports site is the cheaters fucking face everywhere. Retire, pick another team, just make a decision and hurry the fuck up about it.

18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Ah, it does not look good for the Hoody.

If the Pats do beat the Jets in 2020 with Jarrett Stidham, a 4th round kid from Auburn, I can only imagine the despair on this board.

I see the Patriots being an 8-8 team, maybe 9-7 is my prediction. This should make the Jet Patriot games possibly much closer.

Otherwise, all the football pundits are right, the QB is all that matters and the Patriots will be lucky to win 6 games. I disagree and Brady's performance in 2019 proves it in my humble opinion.

The Patriots have many issues to correct and losing Brady should help by making more cap money available.

Hopefully, the Jets will have corrected their OL issues. Otherwise, AFC East will be closed for them instead.

I think the Bills should be the favorite with the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots fighting for 2nd place and a possible playoff birth.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

I can already tell, as a die-hard Patriots fan you're going to miss Brady dearly. I know I would.

I've heard N.E has lost a couple of starters from last year's defense too.

20. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You are correct about the Patriots losing a couple of starters. They play this game every year and get compensation picks later and save money.

I hope Brady has a good career in Tampa and I have no ill will against him.

Unlike the stupid fans in New England who are brainwashed by the local media, I trust BB knows what he is doing. I don't think Brady is God. Frankly, I will be the 1st to admit he has benefited from being a Patriot. If Tampa loads him with weapons and an offensive line, Brady may have one last song to sing.

Nothing lasts forever, even Brady or BB. You all may be right when you say the Pats are done.

But will they be done if BB is still there? Only time will tell.