The myth and mystery of Bill Belichick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

So, how many SBs has Belly won without Mangini? Just to be sure to give credit where credit is due.

2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

...for all his genious, if Scott Norwood makes a kick to win that game maybe the 'D' is to blame for the game winning drive. Just sayin...

3. allan1

allan1 Active Member

I hate that argument, how many SB's has Parcells won without Belichick.......It was Parcells who had a major role in molding Belichick, it's Belichick who uses the Parcells blueprint to this day!

4. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

What blueprint? Assembling a good staff?

Parcells was a great HC and a master manuipulator of the media. He has never been considered to be a genius on defense or offense, and talk about being poor at 'picking the groceries'. What exactly is there in BB's makeup that you attribute to Parcells specifically?

BB knows offense and defense. You cannot have one without the other. Brady attributes a lot of the credit for his continued improvement as a qb. He and BB get together for an hour or more each day breaking down the next opponent. The major reason he's become so good at reading defenses is Belichicks mentoring.

5. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

OK...I remember...

...and now back to knocking down the Judas of Jetsville, Bill Belichimp...

6. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Same gameplan my ass. Let's not get carried away and start giving him credit for other peoples work. I absolutely hate that people, mostly media, still give most of the credit to Belichick for "figuring out" what was until that time one of the greatest offenses in NFL history. The truth of the matter is that it was actually the Giants and later the Buc's who were most responsible for handing Belichick the blueprint for shutting down or at least containing the Rams potent offense. The tape doesn't lie, they did it first. How do you stop the Rams offense? Play lots of zone and hit their receivers -Faulk included- in the mouth every chance you get. Belichick didn't invent the wheel, he only put his spin on it.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Belichick's # of titles w/o parcells' staff- ZERO

8. nyjunc

The Bills O destroyed the Giant D in that game, the Giant OFFENSE won that game by controlling the ball for 40 mins.

9. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

I guess using the same logic,,,,Bilichick has never won a super bowl without Mangini.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Excellent point, although "destroyed" may be overstating the case. And don't forget there where two huge plays that could've swung the game: Everson Walls tackling somebody by a shoelace when he was the last man, and Stephen Baker or some other stiff you never heard of again making the play of his life on third down and breaking a million tackles. This was one of the closest games ever played.

#30 Dierking, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2005
  11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I think youre offbase here alan....another thing to consider is coaches can get better as their careers go on.....just because he wasnt as good in cleveland isnt soley a reflection on his talent or his aids.....beli is an awesome coach......he should get more credit for the giants superbowls as well

12. Sean_in_titletown

Techinically I guess you could ask how many Super Bowls has Belichick won without the same dope who runs out onto the field to grab the tee after kickoffs. Belichick was Parcells defensive coordinator with the Giants when defense was the hallmark of those teams. Mangini was secondary coach for the Patriots Superbowls against Philly and Carolina. Not sure he even had a title that prominent for the St. Louis win. So, how many Superbowls has Belichcick even been in with Mangini as a coordinator = O

For anyone to be even comparing Mangini and Belichick as coaches or even personel people is ridiculous. Mangini has two more head coaching games than me for christ's sake. Belichick has forgotten more football than Mangini has ever learned.

Jets fans may hate the guy but you can blame the tuna for that. Tuna was trying to hold Belichcik back and control his coaching destiny. It was time for that bird to fly away. The tuna was trying to use Belichick as a pwan in his pissing contest with Krafty Bob. Your venom should be directed at Parcells and Bob Kraft. Not Belichick.

#32 Sean_in_titletown, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
  13. Gator

Gator Active Member

no wonder Mangini wanted to keep the handshake short.

14. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. nyjunc

buf had the ball 20 mins and scored 17 pts on O, the giant D couldn't stop them. It was the giant O that controlled the clock and won the game for them and 2 plays in specific- 1 the play you mentioned(although it was mark Ingram not baker) which was an unbelievable efort play to get a huge 1st down instead of punting and the 2nd was Hostetler holding onto the ball when he was sacked for a safety. I still have no idea how bruce Smith did not get that ball from Hostetler.

the whole "what has parcells done w/o BB" argument is silly. It's like saying what has BB done w/o parcells' staff and what has BB done w/o Tom Brady. Pre-Brady BB was a terrible HC.

16. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Who was better when he had whom? He was only with with coach X. He isn't good without this player, yadda, yadda, yadda.

As if this is quantifiable. What a joke.

Just leave it at he is a terrible coach. The guy sucks at interpersonal skills. He is only good beacuse of other people. He doesn't really know football.

Then, as a collective group of Jets fans, you all can then feel great about yourselves by putting someone else down who is no longer a part of your organization. Your new coach is the best, so much so, that you make threads like this about him.

Bill Belichick sucks, obviously, beacuse he only has won 2 Super Bowls as a DC of the Giants, and 3 as HC of the Pats. If he was so good, he would have won every year. There, your point is now made.

:drunk:

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Just saw your sig DW. Wilfork really does hate QB's. :mad: :lol:

18. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

actually Bellichik got better in cleveland, he won 11 games in 1994 with an awful team.
    QB- Testaverde 54% 16TDs 18 INT
    RB- Leroy Hoard- 890 yard rushing
    WR- Derrick Alexander- 838 yds
    Eric Metcalf- 436 yds

That is an awful offense, just terrible, how did he make the playoffs?

19. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

:smile:

LOL, I know. How funny was his reaction?! I thought Penny went down a bit to easy, like he was acting, but then again, when a man of Wilfork's size is coming at you unblocked, I would go down too, lol. :lol:

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Yeah... I was a little surprised he got the flag. It seemed he got in there quick and shoved him before a whistle could blow. Surprised... just not disappointed. :jets: