"The most heartbreaking thing is knowing that this room is not going to be the same."

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by firemanedjr, Jan 24, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yet we were 5 points away from doing so.

We would've broken records.

2. CoyoteJets

CoyoteJets New Member

I have so many mixed emotions that my feelings literally change from one minute to the next.

I'm so disappointed because I so bought into the machine. I believed wholeheartedly and I feel like I got burned...again.

Then on the other hand, I'm very proud of this team and what they accomplished this year and I have faith in the future of Sanchez.

Then I go back to feeling like I got kicked in the gut because I KNOW that this was an ultimately winnable game as evidenced by the 2nd half.

Then I think about the fact that the Jets had to beat Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Big Ben, all on the road, to get the Super Bowl. Really thinking about that makes me think "Why am I surprised that the Jets didn't do this?" I mean, it would have been monumental to do that.

Then back to the fact that they had a real legit shot to do this and probably should have won the game yesterday if they even partially showed up in the 1st half or maybe even if they had picked up the pace and played with a little urgency in the 2nd half.

The Jets will get there again.

Will they? Or did they squander one of their best chances.

Back and forth like this all night and all day today. It's maddening. :sad: