The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

this is sad. i cant see a way we will ever know if mike white is the "guy". if zack wins the lions and jags games and holds on to playoff life....they wont go back to mike white. if we lose any games and miss..mike white at best will be a competition qb for whoever next year. sucks................if he were healthy and just won the games...we would have a drama free off season.........this sucks

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, your priority is for Mike White to be the QB, win or lose, over winning with Zach Wilson?

MDJets and cval like this.
  3. nevbeats319

no dude...... but mike white was better, i dont care that they drafted wilson. Mike White should be the starter but he wont be now unless the jets miss the playoffs and he beats out who ever they bring in.

Ralebird and Jets69 like this.
  4. nevbeats319

also, winning with zack wilson completing 50% of his passes and throwing for 150 yards, joy to the world

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the priority should be to play the best player at each position and that’s obviously Mike White at QB.

Ralebird, Jets69, Poeman and 6 others like this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I guess 3 games is White's shelf life.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's definitely not the Iron Man that Zach Wilson is that's for sure....

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

My God give it up dude. I imagine you've made it to about a dozen ignore lists over the past few weeks. It's unbearably eye rolling at this point.

abyzmul, Poeman and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. nevbeats319

Right, zach who missed games this year and last year

10. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

at this point the best we can hope for is game manager Wilson for DET + JAX with White returning vs SEA. I'm rooting for Zach but it's obvious what his ceiling is THIS SEASON.

nevbeats319 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At the end of the day, I have a feeling we're gonna be in the market for a QB next season..

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mike White hasn't lost the spot, even if Zach plays well Mike White went back in and balled. He will return and I hope they let him play next week.

We need to see him play more and this a good moment for Zach

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

just to get back to this because it’s an extremely flawed opinion… Before the two minute drill in the first half against the Vikings the Jets ran 10 times for 32 yards. Two carries went for no gain. Five carries went for 3 yards or less. The run game was 100% not working and we were down 14 by the middle of the second quarter. If MLF’s name was Brian Schottenheimer and he kept trying to run when it was clearly not working people would be calling for his head, and rightfully so because the run game was not working

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

On the first three drives of that game the Jets ran 8 times and dropped back 17 times. They were down 17-3 before they got the ball back again.

A good game plan does not abandon the run because it's not working. It doubles down and makes it work. Going to the passing game early just leaves you where the Jets wound up - down two scores before half time.

It's a bigger thing than this though. LaFleur does not understand how a winning offense operates. This despite being forced to operate in a winning manner during many of ZW's starts.

The 49ers don't go heavy pass happy right off the bat and win. The Packers don't go heavy pass happy off the bat and win. Both teams try to establish a balanced offense to control the game and then pass to score. The 49ers are 18th in pass attempts. The Packers are 20th.

The Jets were in the top 5 in pass attempts over the 3 games White started. They were undoubtedly in the top 5 on the first 3 drives of the 3 games White started. This is not winning football. This is Madden 22 Football and that's about the sophistication level Mike LaFleur displays at this point in his coaching career.

#935 Br4d, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Jets wont be able to dump ZW ($21 mil in dead money in 2023) and wont be able to trade him, so he will be on the roster next year. Hopefully he shows enough these next few games to be salvageable but thats unlikely.

Joe Douglas should be locking down MW right now. Offer him $6.5 mil which is what Teddy Bridgewater makes in Miami and is slightly more than MW and Flacco make combined. Put a flack jacket and 15 pounds of muscle on him and get MFW ready to compete for the starting job next year.

17. nevbeats319

I doubt he will be cleared by Thursday- and hopefully the jets won both games and at that point your not going to pull a winning QB. I feel terrible for Mike White that he lost this opportunity but the reality is if the jets go to the playoffs, it is now going to be with zack.

18. bicketybam

Ok, Jack. I guess I'm your next crusade. You got isssues. Smoke weed or something. Or put me on ignore.

19. bicketybam

I remember someone posting a tweet that said the huge hit he took was his own fault for not recognizing the defense and moving the protection. And the next hit was because he held the ball too long. Am I remembering that correctly?

dawinner127 likes this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I haven't responded to a post of yours since like Monday or Tuesday. Man you're sensitive. Do you need any cranberry juice?

Good idea on both accounts, but I think I'll just smoke (later) for now.