The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

As with Zach, Mike White's future is in his own hands. I hope he goes out and kicks ass the rest of the season.

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know plenty. and highlighting in public to this dumb ass media one player at the expense of another player that is struggling, suttle or not, is not camaraderie or trying to develop team chemistry. You do that internally within the team confines all day long. . Advertising preferences' in public is not the sign of a mature team. Sorry.

Brook! and joe like this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Hanging a TEAMMATE out in public is never a good move however 'positive' the intended spin.

One team, ONE heart. . I was livid at Zach Wilson's abrupt "no" comment during his post-game presser two weeks ago but I'm not going to take whatever personal animus I hold towards him and use it to describe ipso facto what the "temperature" of the Jet lockerrom is regarding him. . Mike White sounds like a salt of the earth good guy and as a Jet fan I hope he lights it up today and every day he's out there in a Jet uniform. ..

Big picture-wise however, I'm not yet. ready to pull the plug on a guy who was drafted only last spring. . Not 2019, not 2020, but 2021. . QB coach Calabrese cut his teeth recently at powerhouse Wagner College as in Wagner College, located in that gridiron hotbed Staten Island. . I think the Jets could've used a more tenured replacement for the suddenly-deceased Greg Knapp.. (btw, I could make a similar 'inexperienced as coach' claim for their WR coach Miles Austin vs. e.g. a Brian Hartline from Ohio State).

Go Mikey Whitey and kick ass today!.....yet at the same time I'm not yet--not yet--completely comfortable kicking a. 90 mph fastball with wheels to the curb just yet....and certainly not on the basis of some deep-seated, non-football-related 'some other shit' resentments ....

#383 joe, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    LAJet, Brook! and Dierking like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We have no idea how ZW comes across to his teammates. He may just be an isolated "star" on the team who has worn out his welcome.

The CS is supposed to keep a finger on the pulse of the team and the locker room and yet for the second season now we see evidence that the locker room vastly prefers one of the two QB's.

Leadership is a key element of being an NFL QB and I'm not sure how a QB who is not perceived as having that by his teammates manages to acquire it?

Just adding that being visibly happy about his teammates success last Sunday would have been a start. Instead we got plenty of shots of Darth Wilson on the bench.

blackssmagic and Cman68 like this.
  5. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You Zach lovers will find anything to grasp onto. It's a huge positive that the team is loose, confident and happy. You guys should try it.

Ralebird likes this.
  6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It occurred to me if ZW wants to change the trajectory of his career, he should come out wearing the Mike F'n White tee on the sidelines today. I'd strongly advise it to him if I was a confidant--its the first step towards gaining respect.

NY Jets68, Acad23 and Br4d like this.
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Great post. Who are you and what have you done with joe?

Acad23 likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Awesome post. Thank you. But whoever stole the real joe, please bring him back.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Whatever the case might be the leadership need to control it internally and players need to be much more aware of the repercussions. . Flashing nonsense in front of the media and exposing potential disconnects internally is far from a good approach. Particularly in NY, where an innocuous offline comment to Cimini by a back up running back got so much BS traction.

10. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Even though we lost Mike White had a hell of a game and showed alot of heart. He got hit all game and got back up and made big time throws. This guy is a baller. Joe Douglas you know what to do!

[​IMG]

azhar80, stinkyB and fggrimes like this.
  11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Mike White just spoke on SNY and took all the blame for the missed red zone opportunities

azhar80, stinkyB, JetFanInPA and 7 others like this.
  12. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Good leadership, even though it wasn't at all his fault.

blackssmagic likes this.
  13. george sakell

Not even his fault, Mlf playcalling in the redzone was stupid as hell. Zack woulda blamed everyone but himself. Go Mike White my future Qb!!!!!

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You totally got to love White, what a humble dude, totally understand the game, every aspect, took total responsibility.

You'd have to be a total douche not to love White

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

That's a good teammate, and I am sure the team will rally behind him

Cman68 likes this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Leaders do that.. Golden Boys don't.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Or a Wilsonian nut-hugger. Or you simply want to rail his mom...

Jets69 likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm all for it continuing for the foreseeable future. Losing isn't fun, but he kept us in it today.

19. george sakell

Yes I am sure even with the loss he won the love and support of the locker room now, if Saleh even mentions Zack Wilson at this point he loses the locker room. Mike White can play like dogshit the next 2 games and still start at this point just for his leadership quality's alone.

20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Well, it's not like White was going to go to the podium and repeat the exact same mistake his predecessor made that gave him this opportunity in the first place. :D

abyzmul likes this.