The Mike Nugent Thread (MERGED 6x)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Sep 10, 2006.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

2. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

I rescind my earlier cry of "LYNCH HIM"...too good for him...I think drawn and quartered would be better....infinitely more painful...to be honest...he is probably about to really shape up after a terrible start like that....Lets let him live

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Who is Defending Nugent Now?

Last year the alibis makers on this board claim he was not used to the NFL ball. So yesterday he missed 2 FGs & 1 Xpoint so what are your excuses for him now?

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I am. I'm not ready to give up on Nugent after one game. Come on, man.

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I agree with 227.5.

Fact is we won, so we can learn from this and move on. I feel he'll be better from this point forward

6. championjets69

Cmon what 1 for 3 on FGs & 2 for 3 on Xpoints is acceptable to U? I am sure you can do math & know he turned a easy win into a severe nail biter

7. MawaesDaMan

MawaesDaMan New Member

I will as well, it was a bad game, fortunately it didnt cost us the game, which is all that I thought you care about Champ. He was off, I havent seen any comments from him or the CS staff yet, but I am sure he will be kicking hundreds of FGs this week and will get himself straightened out by next week.

8. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I agree with giving him some more time. But he will be on a short leash. And its so frustrating to see this on so many levels (2nd round pick; game should have been over in the 3rd quarter).

9. championjets69

Yes but the 7 points he left on the field could have easily meant we also could have lost

10. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

This shit happened all last year, today is hardly an abberation from the norm for Nugent.

11. championjets69

Mangini said he we have to "examine this very closely" . The quote is in the newspapers

12. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I'll defend him too. Everyone has an off day. The guy is still young. His problem yesterday appeared to be physical (might have been on the broadcast, but somwhere I heard or read that he was catching turf before the kick), not mental. That can be fixed. If he were a head case I'd say cut him free, but so far there is no evidence of that.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Of course it's not acceptable to me. Don't put words in my mouth or twist my posts to suit your trolling gibberish.

Nugent had a bad day, no question, but I'm enough of a fan to not throw in the towel after one bad day. If this becomes a consistent problem, then it needs to be addressed, but I'm still willing to let him work on this. The kid was excellent at Ohio State under a lot of pressure.

14. DariusVassell

DariusVassell Member

He seems to be a confidence kicker to me....if he makes his first one then fine but missing that extra point uh uh

15. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

One more game.

16. jdjets

jdjets New Member

he just about cost us that game. everyone was sweating the last 3min. out.
    that should never be the case. after watching him for a year i realized that he is overated. i have no faith in him now. can you imagine if the game was on the line w/2 seconds left and nugent has to kick a 45 yarder to win the game. i couldn't take the torture. he also has a weak kickoff leg.

17. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Im with champ... im sick of not feeling comfortable when we have to kick a routine fieldgoal... now extra points???

18. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Mister I told you so is at it again. You know we won yesterday. I know you only see the negative. I am not happy with nugent but lets hope he gets better

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Looking at it from a rational point of view the day after there really isn't a reason to cut him yet. It's not like the Jets are planning on making a SB run. The guy is young and the Jets invested a high draft pick in him. If he continues to struggle this year I'm sure he will be shown the door.

20. Section 227. Row 5

When I came to this board this morning I just knew Nugent was going to get creamed. This'll be the thread in which it happens, I guess.