The McElroy Offense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SuperBowl50, Dec 2, 2012.

1. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

They're the 7th ranked defense.

2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Mcelroy didn't do anything great today, that's for sure. But you know what he also didn't do? He didn't fumble the ball, he didn't throw any interceptions, he didn't throw any 3 yard screen passes in the ground, and he didn't hold onto the ball too long and take any needless sacks. After what the Jets have been through over the last two years with Sanchez, watching a game where a qb doesn't do these things is incredibly refreshing (and also gives the Jets a much better chance to win).

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Amen brother

Please oh please can someone get through to these Sanchez people...

I wanted his success more than anyone, but CLEARLY, he sucks (I don't have the time to spell the ways)

4. NYJets82

NYJets82 New Member

Oh shit. They're the 7th ranked defense? Excuse me, I was blind but now I see. The man put up 29 yards passing on the 7th ranked defense.

We have unearthed the new Brady.

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Also, it was hardly two TDs in a half. I think he was in for three drives (maybe a fourth?). So, basically, McElroy led the offense to two scores (one actual score and one guaranteed score they chose to forego) in only three possessions. C'mon, that is damn good for his first three drives. This is hardly enough of a sample size to determine what career will be like, but I don't see how anyone can fault McElroy to any great degree or defend Sanchez at all after today.

6. I Am The Stig

I Am The Stig Active Member

Mark Sanchez threw 3 INT (should have been 4) against the 7th ranked defense.

But really that was no surprise.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Needless to say this will be very interesting this week!!!!

8. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

You know something, every single player in the HoF once had stats that looked like what you're citing. ALL players have done nothing they've done something and for all of them that means playing more than 1/3 of a game.

I don't know what McElroy will turn out to be, but your argument doesnt hold water. Is Tom Brady nothing because he was a late rounder? Or how about Kurt Warner? Dude wasn't even drafted, so he must be an absolute scrub, right?

As a side note, are you the sort of person who buys lottery tickets and then throws them away without checking?

#48 Aewhistory, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

The guy referred to himself as a nerd lol. The contrast between him and Sanchez is miles in terms of character

10. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I don't get it, the kid came in, played against the same team, with the same weapons as Sanchez and moved the ball well. Scored 2 td's..

Sanchez did nothing the time he was in except give the game away. He never got us inside the RZ.

I say let the kid play until he fails. Not a loss, but until he starts turning the ball over.

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Exactly. Too many comments on what McElroy can't do because his arm is weak. However, he also doesn't turn the ball over like another highly priced QB on this roster. With McElroy, the ceiling is lower but the floor is higher. Let's get some average but consistent QB play & see what the rest of the team can pull off.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Pro:

Leader
    Smart
    Composed
    Gamer
    Can read coverages well
    Accurate
    Produces big results in big spot

Cons:

Arm is weak
    Slow foot
    Skinny
    Very poor build
    Cannot drive the ball down the field
    Mechanic is not solid (Spiral flutters - not tight like it is supposed to be.)
    ----------------------

Do you know what this scouting report belongs to?

#52 Zach, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

And you can tell that already? Amazing. I am not against the move, but we know nothing about this kid as an NFL QB. As far as character goes, what does it say when a rookie trashes the team in the offseason, as McElroy did after the 2011 season.

Let's give it a few game before we anoint this kid as a starting QB and role model.

14. jetmart

jetmart New Member

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Just saying.

Its obvious Rex wants a team built like the Ravens - a powerful D with an offense that can put 20 points on the board if need be.

Good luck Greg.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The moment he came in we ran 2 counter plays, I'm not sure we have run those all year and those 2 gave us the 2 big runs which set up the TD.

16. WillBBC

WillBBC Member

Somebody signal the logical response alarm!!

17. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Wow. So many darksiders. Why are you focused on 29 yards passing? The only thing that matters for a QB is how the offense performs when you're in there. You could pass for 2 yards on a drive and that doesn't matter as long as you get in the endzone. Likewise, you can pass for 98 and it doesn't matter if you turn the ball over on the next play. This is how good coaches judge QB's, by how the offense performs, not by X yards passing. At the end of the day, it's point scored that matter, not yards passed.

Who cares if he didn't pass for 200 yards? He kept the drives alive where Sanchez didn't against the same team. Whether it's drawing penalties, making handoffs or making the right checkdown, he did that and that's why this offense is better.

Seriously, why are there so many darksiders here?

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

its either brady or pennington

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Agreed on giving him a few games before anointing him. These last four are a perfect opportunity.

As far as the rookie comments go: looks like a team leader in the making to me because what he told was the truth. He had balls and didn't hide behind anonymity unlike most of his teammates this year.

20. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

From what I saw when he put on the helmet and the D took the field they had energy. The team is done with Sanchez just like the Broncos were done with Orton last year. However, unlike the Bronco's Tebow is NOT the answer. Let's play him again and see a full game.

Might be worth making a move for Fitzgerald in the offseason. Maybe we can dump Sanchez on them and a few draft picks.