The Mark Sanchez Flaws Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Oct 6, 2011.

1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I do think Stafford is better than Sanchez. And he should be.

But he is just as inconsistent as Sanchez, his mechanics tend to get sloppy and he seems to get dinged quite a bit. And it won't matter if he is a better player if he can't stay on the field.

Neither of them are getting the ideal help from their respective franchises that many believe.

Does Sanchez have a QB coach? Linehan is Stafford's and it drives me nuts. A different perspective or voice would help them IMO.

Both are years away from their primes and a little patience is needed. Anyone calling a 23 year old and/or a 25 year old a bust is simply a moron.

2. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

oh no sorry, i meant "third thread i post this text" due to the amount of people blaming sanchez for the loss, its not about the thread specifically

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Not to completely excuse him, he is playing with a broken finger on his throwing hand, and his best receiver got hurt.

4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

First "hand" account?

5. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

It wasn't the finger. He wasn't playing that badly in the first half, but everyone else on the offense was. The first pick 6 was definitely wind aided. The second a bad read and throw.

After that he was pressing, trying to make a play down four TDs so I don't really care.

And CJ had his worst game that I can remember. Tillman has always matched up well.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

peyton manning was into his 4th year in the league before he saw the playoffs, and lost to chad and the jets.

sanchez is only 3rd year, and was not 4 year starter in college. he needs more time and a new oc plus a better backup than brunell. you could pull him for a series or two if he had better backup, but with mc elroy on ir list, that won't happen this year. tanny failed to get decent rt to replace woody, and the ripple effect damaged the entire line. note also there was no adequate backup for center , either.

7. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

can we execute with mr potato head mat mulligan ... I mean execute ..... terminate

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

No disrespect to Sanchez, but if Manning had been given the talent base Mark has here, he most likely would have played in a SB within his first two years. (Just my opinion)

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Not signing that kid's autograph in the players parking lot has come back to haunt Sanchez.

He is a dick.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Please give this one up.

If Peyton Maning had been handed Jerrico Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith as his wideouts he'd have looked much worse his first season. Then you add Braylon Edwards in and then you add Santonio Holmes in and then you add Derrick Mason in.

Come on.

He had a 25 year old Marvin Harrison his rookie season alongside the best receiving back of the last dozen years with apologies to LaDainian Tomlinson. The next season he got to play with Edgerrin James.

I'm sorry, but if you'd given Manning the same tools Sanchez got at the start he'd have been worse off not better. Who knows what his rookie year would have looked like without Faulk and Harrison.

How many rookie QB's get to play with a RB that is faster than most wide receivers and has better hands than them also?

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't agree. Manning made the players he played with better. And the Jets can play D, while Peyton's Colts could not.

The Jets got 1 game from the SB with Mark his first two years. You don't think Manning would have been enough of a difference to get to the next game? I do.

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Peyton Manning did not make Marshall Faulk better.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Faulk was 25 years old in that season, entering his prime. Like most great backs who aren't hammered into the ground by too many carries he had his best 4 years from 25 to 28 and then declined from there.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree completely. however one could say that he had a big up in production beginning when peyton manning came. maybe peyton showed him how to become a better running back that year?

im just wondering why we are talking about peyton manning not making people better, i think he has proven time over time that he has made people that were average great and those that were good into potential hall of famers.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If you ever cross paths with Marshall Faulk, ask him about his days with Peyton, and he'll tell you how he made him a better QB.

17. 624

624 Banned

Mark Sanchez's biggest flaw is his unrealistic expectations made by the media and fans.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That doesn't even make sense.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Fuck that, he's gotta be Tom Brady by next season or else he's a fucking bust.

WE GAVE UP SO MUCH FOR HIM!!!!! THOSE 3 PLAYERS WE TRADED WERE SO VALUABLE!

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Still one of the weirdest trades in NFL history.