The Mark Sanchez Flaws Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Br4d, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You're insane

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fair analysis. I would say this....

Is easily correctable, and would have been by now, if these were used in our offense to the extent that the modern NFL does.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

and Beli does not stick Brady under center in the I formation.

Brady takes a majority of snaps from the 'gun with multiple possibilities.

Even though our D should play well and nullify NE's Offense, watch the plays they run, compared to ours.

4. perfectpackage99

could absolutley careless about what you say.

look up insansity in the dictionary if you are smart enough.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

So much bolded irony.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

David Garrard came up as the definition.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This is post of dumb.

8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

When someone chooses 'perfectpackage' for a username, one must wonder WTF are they thinking.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

chronic masturbator?
    yankor sores?

10. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

He's right, you're insane.

Garrard is straight ass.

11. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

I think its funny. One of these threads exists in every NFL team forum... save one or three places where its blasphemous. The guy is 24 and is a winner.

He hasn't been perfect yet but there are a ton of problems with the Jets that are more glaring.

12. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Here are some others in addition to those in the original post...

-Only had 16 games of college game experience.
    -Started as a rookie, during what would have been his senior year.
    -Didn't have the opportunity to sit and watch an established veteran or have any veteran back-up until Brunell arrived.
    -Has Brian Schottenheimer as OC (FYI - I think Schotty is good at developing young QBs and I think the scheme is good. The problem with Schotty is the same with Hackett - they are terrible situational play callers and have a hard time making adjustments. Hence the reason they are probably better QB coaches and their proteges thrive once they leave.)

And how about we stop talking about what we don't have and start talking about what we do have?

-Sanchez has very good mobility and escapability (despite the bad protection at times this year) and can extend the play.
    -Sanchez can throw quite well on the run/rollout.
    -Sanchez has a nice play action fake.
    -Sanchez has an above average arm that can make all the throws.
    -Sanchez plays his best in high pressure situations/big games.
    -Sanchez can excel in two-minute / hurry up offense where he can get in a rhythm with quick passes and decisions.

I really am suprised to see everyone jumping off the Sanchez bandwagon. The operating assumption this year has been the guy is a finished product and that is/was an unrealistic expectation. The guy is entering year 3 (what should project out to be his second year if we consider his rookie year as his senior year in college) and as the offense expands it is normal for some QBs to experience growing pains and take a that one-step back statistically.

Before last week's disaster, Sanchez had shown improvement in both his YPA and completion percentage - two key indicators predicting both the success and improvement of a QB. Last week the guy got lit up because after 3 weeks of football film and serious problems on the O-line, there was enough for a very good defense to exploit match-up wise.

As I have been saying all along, the Jets problems on offense have very little to do with Sanchez and almost everything to do with the offensive line. With no OTAs, minicamps, an abbreviated off-season and the o-line having no time to gell in pre-season with Moore recuperating from an injury and adding Hunter as a full-time starter, UNDER THE BEST scenario there was going to be problems. With injuries to Mangold, Turner and Ducasse's non-development, the running game has been ineffective and the o-line porous meaning there has been more pressure on Sanchez than at any point in his career.

The fact that everyone is expecting Joe Montana or Johnny Unitas out there instead of what we have seen, is not a fault of Sanchez but of the unrealistic expectations of Jets fans.

13. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

I fully expect the offense as a whole to get much better as the season goes along.

Sanchez is still young and relatively inexperienced; he's still making some boneheaded mistakes.

The O-line is in shambles now, and especially without Mangold, got absolutely ripped to shreds. An offensive line is one of the most teamwork-oriented units in all of professional sports: they need to gel in order to succeed. Pulling Baxter last week was asinine, and unfortunately Ducasse has been the definition of horrendous. Hence we saw one of the worst efforts out of an O-line I've ever seen. But I fully believe with the return of Mangold and simple time to work out the kinks, this offensive line will return to, at the least, above average. The bye week will be huge in this regard.

The problems in the running game stem from the above. I saw someone complain about how Greene goes down on first contact, like Thomas Jones. I'm sorry, but two years ago we were all lauding Greene for being the opposite of Thomas Jones, for keeping his legs churning and trucking people. But when lines are getting free runners and you're constantly being assaulted constantly in the backfield, it's hard to have the confidence and the resilience to hit the hole hard. The man's human. He's not a feature back, but he's pretty good when he has something resembling a line to work with.

Without the running game, defenses are blitzing (WHERE ARE THE TRAP PLAYS!?!) and keying on the short passing game, jumping routes, leading to a lot of interceptions.

Two of the three receivers are new to the system. Remember, with no real OTAs or minicamps to speak of, offenses with new players are at a rather distinct disadvantage.

I really have full confidence that this offense will get into shape at some point, and I will bet some vcash that we finish in the top 15 in offense this year.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2011/10/05/bga-extra-jets-at-ravens/

Just a fun fact about the OL, and how it affects QB play.

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That's a hell of a stat.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Sanchez sucks though.......... (not a shot at Bradsux)

17. 624

624 Banned

18. nyjetsfan18

nyjetsfan18 New Member

He holds on to the ball too long, that is about it. We also have to consider he did not have alot of college experience. His numbers are good when we have a running game to ake the pressure off of him. O line cannot block, and def is not stopping anyone so he has to play catch up constantly.

19. 624

624 Banned

He hasn't had a chance to hold onto the ball too long.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So you want him to deflect the snap to his WR in stride?