The Madden 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I try to pressure Brady or he will pick you apart, I guess that's why he keeps dumping off, I usually blitz Jim Leonhard...

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to get pressure on him too. You can use man/press coverage with 1 safety ...

3. matt robinson 17

You have to get to him quickly, he gets the ball off so fast, especially the dump passes...I usually just keep running the ball between the tackles and keep converting 1st downs and keep the ball away from them

4. WhiteShoeWillis

That's why you use press coverage, it slows the receivers down and gives you extra time to get to the QB. If he tries to throw it while you're bumping it's incomplete. I'm just telling you what works for me. If you don't want to try it, don't worry about it.

5. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

1st quarter of second Pats game, Sanchez gets hit and gets a lower back strain out for game. after punt, alCROtraz gets hurt breaking up a pass to welker. Now I'm freaking because i have to man the Kylanderith Welker and worry about Moss. I think Welker had like 13 catches but only for like 8 yards a piece so Kylander tackled well. Oh and Green ran for 200 yds along with tomlinsons 60 or so. After Sanchez was out they just packed the line and brought safeties into the box. Two HB dives with great blocking by a newly signed RG (Moore out 7 weeks) and Richardson and Green was off to the races for 60 yd TDs. Braylon had two TD on two Jets fades from the strong formation inside 10 yds (new favorite play since it has like an 80% success rate for TD on all-Madden)

6. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

anyone doing insane with alCROtraz in franchise? i play all my games with 7 minutes on all-madden and get pretty close to actual snap counts. In weeks 9-10-11 he had 2,3,2 picks and was at 10 in week 11 before getting hurt. was on pace to break single season record and is 1st for D MVP.

Pro-bowl voting is for CB is currently: 1. alCROtraz 2. Revis Christ 3. Kylander 4. some other guy
    Spending alot of time in nickel lately thanks to the Lions, Browns, and texans playing from behind. And Pats passing all game long

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Patriots are rough in this game, played them on my off-line Franchise, Sanchez just had his first ever game winning drive, from my 20 yard line, first got Keller down the seams for a pick up of about 20, then I started going to work with Braylon, he had like 4 catches in that final drive and the game winning TD with a minute left, it was so sick, a nasty fade route he catches it with one hand and barely stood inside the lines for 6.

Sanchez is nasty though, his throwing motions are much better in this game then in Madden 2010

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm playing the Jets on All-Pro.

Was up against the Ravens 13-6 and then Mark Sanchez broke his collarbone (out 7 weeks), and the Ravens got lucky on a TD drive, and won the game in overtime with a field goal. Lost 16-13. Bah.

I picked up Marc Bulger off the FA pool because, well, Clemens sucks.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

Oh lord, just got my Ultimate Team starter pack...Kevin O'Connel is my starting QB and best player, with Mangini as my HC :s

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I need to do something about my internet connection, lag is killing me

11. matt robinson 17

I'm listening to you, you get press coverage off the strategy pad?

12. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Injuries are unreal is this game, there is atleast 2 a game. I play with unlimited rewinds on my franchise because im tired of key players getting injured for 10 weeks every freaking game.

13. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Up on d-pad then down on d-pad to apply press coverage

14. matt robinson 17

Sanchez got hit and it immediately said out for the game he had a broken jaw...

15. matt robinson 17

thank you...

16. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I'm not seeing this many at all. Wilson was hurt for a week. Moore hurt for like 7 weeks. alCROtraz hurt for 3. after that i think theres been a quite few dings where ppl are out for a quarter or the game. usually no one major and i'll play most of them if Medium risk unless i have an adequate backup. That's pretty accurate for actual football. People get hurt every game and actual injuries are every3-5 games

17. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

careful with press D on all madden. safeties can get burned and against someone like welker #2 will still have trouble. Beware of pressing without a safety zone.

Who do you guys control on D? i tend to use Harris and blitz the other side a bit more then him since i can read the run holes better than the computer

18. WhiteShoeWillis

I usually control the safety - Pool. Sometimes I take the RDE and swing him around outside the LDE to try and get an easier pass rush.

Press coverage is fine if you key on Welker too. I blasted the Pats 40 something to 10 when I faced them and used mostly dime, man press.

19. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Yeah i always pick the best player out of safeties and all LB. I don't highlight though. Used it last year and don't really seem to have needed it yet. I'll go to Defensive assignments and put Revis on 1. Crom on 2 and let wilson find his man. lot of double x or slot seems to help me for wilson or if Crom is getting beat which has completely stopped since he is having a HOF year.

On all-madden moving DE seems to be a death sentance for me letting up big runs.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

... I always play my first season on all-pro to get used to the game before going all-madden. I tried starting w/all-madden this year but made it through 1/2 a quarter before going back to all-pro.

I try to only move the DE in obvious passing situations to avoid getting raped by the run.