The Madden 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I buy NCAA for Dynasty Mode.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Wow, another come from behind win to preserve my perfect online record, pushing it to 4-0.

The Bengals led 21-9 late in the 3rd quarter after TO's 3rd touchdown reception. Sanchez found Holmes on a quick slant and he took it 74 yards to the house through a driving snowstorm.

Unfortunately, Cedric Benson was unstoppable, and the Bengals ran the clock all the way down to 56 seconds left when Dave Rayner attempted a 50 yard field goal against a 17 MPH wind. Danny Woodhead fielded the kickoff and took it 105 yards to the house to take the lead!

Cincinnati got the ball back with one last chance. They drove all the way to the Jet 49 yardline with 35 seconds to go, but Antonio Cromartie finally redeemed himself, jumping a T.O. route and taking an interception 60 yards to the house to give the Jets a shocking 29-21 win despite being outgained in total yardage 346-126.

3. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Is it me or is it way too easy to break out a long completion for TD/short pass with long run and YACs for TD??

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

my friend beat me 2 out of 3 times today (he had the better team all 3 times) so he started talking shit so i said lets pick teams...he took the ravens i of course took the jets...i won 41-21 lol

5. Drew

Drew Active Member

Every game I play vs. a friend is like that. Nobody can stop eachother. It's irritating.

No low scoring games in this. Still can't tackle anyone. I'm getting annoyed now.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Stop playing on All-Pro. It's broken....

7. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Care to explain?

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

My D has been pretty damn good, haven't given up more than 3 TDs in a game. 3-0 in online ranked so far and 1-1 in online franchise. I had an issue with too many fumbles in one of the games.

Meanwhile last night I simmed an online franchise season, the first draft is just crazy good. There were 40 players rated 80 or above and some of the 70s rated players had some sick ratings. Like a 6'5 360 DT with 87 spd and a DE with 88spd 89STR amongst many others.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So I finally jumped online and played a couple of games. Wow, the Jets are GOOD.

I haven't given up a point in 2 games, and won by a combined score of 59-0, the first guy conceded in the 4th quarter. I was up 21-0 at half getting the ball and went on an 18 play, 9 minute TD drive. I didn't mean to do it, that's just how it worked out.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

For those who have both NCAA 11 and Madden 11, can you let me know which game you like more?

After two years of not playing a video game of any kind (seriously, I have not played a video game at home or at anybody else's home since September 2008), I want to get back into the mix. I think I will only have time for one game, however. It'll either be NCAA 11 or Madden 11.

I am a far bigger fan of the NFL than college football, but that is not a factor with video games. I simply want the better, more enjoyable game. Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses to share an opinion on this matter.

11. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I think they are both great games, but I gotta go with Madden simply because I am like you, more of a NFL fan than college.

I really like the new changes Madden has made in the presentation aspects of the game and like the way it feels. It seems to be a decent upgrade over last year's version.

I'm not really a fan of the gameflow concept, but I would still prefer Madden over NCAA. I have played both and own both, but consider Madden to be my favorite of the two

#131 34miami23, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

meh - the next two clowns I tried to play quit. So aggravating. They really need to come up with something to prevent that from being so prevalent.

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

What difficulty should I play on then?

14. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I always set it on "my skill"

after you play about 2-3 games, the computer will adjust to your playing style and just about every game you play will be a tight one down to the finish

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Anyone experience this?

I was playing vs the computer (until I can afford the game, i'm playing a burned copy - no multiplayer) and for one drive, ALL of my corners were WRs. Holmes, Cotch, Edwards. Extremely annoying, but it's only happened that one time. And I probably have 10-15 hours of gameplay on it.

16. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Is this a demo thing or does this happen in the game normally? I had in two different games, stopped the Colts on 4th down late in the 4th only to show Payton celebrating with another player as he's getting off the field as I wrap up the victory.

17. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I have noticed that too. That happened somewhat on last year's game as well.

Yesterday I was playin the pats and had the ball. Marshall was being defended by Randy Moss?!? But that was just for a play, I assume it was because all the secondary was fatigued temporarily.

I have no idea what's up with that because that's quite odd for ALL of your corners to be wrs.

#137 34miami23, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  18. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

that does happen in the real game from time to time unfortunately.

The other day I got a sack on somebody on 3rd down and their linemen were chest-bumpin each other haha

19. 624

624 Banned

Why doesn't it let you play your friends in ranked games. That's just stupid.

20. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Yeah, if it was just one WR, it would have just been an annoying stamina issue, but it was the entire drive, and all my CBs.