Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.
Is it just me or is Madden attempting to rip every off by making you purchase the online component?
Um. Just enter the code on the back of the booklet.
I was confused at first too, but then I read the screen and it says "enter the code from the booklet" right on the screen. reading ftl.
Anybody else having connection issues with Madden 11? I NEVER had any problems with 10, but I've been getting disconnected a few times with 11. I realize that it could be my connection, but since I was always fine with 10, just wondering if it could possible be EA's servers?
the first two days it seemed pretty slow for me, just played a game now it was normal connection
Just played my first game (on default settings) and Revis picked off 6 passes. Henne was 5-15 with 7 INTs at the end of the game. I'm hoping that this was a combination of low CPU difficulty settings and a little bit of luck.
The Jets are pretty stacked in this game. I never had a problem finding a wide open WR.
This may be just me but is there a way to view your online record/stats. I couldn't find the screen last night after my first game.
I'm having issues tackling too.. why would Scott tackle to the right of the runner? Oh well hopefully practice I'll get the hang of it.
still don't have the full game but i have gotten myself into the habit of hitting the strategy pad the second i break the huddle. once you press it the first time it is active until the snap and you can go through your changes at pretty much the same speed as in the past. i may turn it back to the old way when i get the full game but i still don't see how people can be having such big issues with it.
First game online, I have a pick six with Revis against the Colts. Then Eric Smith has a pick. I run for a first down with Greene, and he immediately quits.
One of the worst things about online play. They shouldn't allow you to quit and start another game right away. They should make people wait an hour before playing another game if they quit. That's 60 minutes of being online too so they can't just restart the console.
That is an awesome idea, and I really hope that becomes a rule. It's really frustrating to play Madden online sometimes. You either are winning and the person quits, or you are playing some dude that uses the same play over and over.
Last year i would find myself attempting to keep guys in the game because i didn't feel like playing the cpu. It looks like that will be even more necessary this year since if someone quits before half the game doesn't count as a win.
Does anyone know of a place to suggest this to EA where it will actually be read? I haven't even played an online game yet because I'm not really looking forward to the quitters and cheese dick players.
Can't make a stop on defense, the score of all my games has been 35 points or higher for both teams.
I like the idea too...the only shitty part is that if someone is glitchign me, I don;t want to have to play it out and lose 100-0
But you got to finisht he game against the comp, right?
Nope. If someone quits in the first half they get DNF and thats it. The game is over. If they quit in the 2nd half you get the win and they get the lost and the DNF. There is no finishing against the CPU this year.
my 2 cents on the game(like anyone cares but thats why god made forums bitches!)
1. Nice to see something as rudimentary as sideline catches actually appear in a Madden game. I remember NFL Fever for Xbox 1 had sideline catches(really incredible ones too).
2. As usual EA is tooting their horns over something incredibly mundane, Gameflow. If youre a true Madden player youre not gonna use this. Its another gimmick like Madden Rewind from last year.
3. I hate the new pre snap controls, takes too long to make adjustments. What was wrong with last year's?
4. Is it me or does it feel like the players slide around the field like hockey? When i do a change of direction play, my player seems to slide into position instead of actually moving and this goes against the whole Locomotion crap theyre talking about. Ive scored 4 kick return tds in 3 games already because of this sliding. Same thing on passes, ive seen the player slide a couple extra yards to get into position to catch the ball.
5. Computer throws way too many deep jump balls. Seems like on every drive they try a hail mary-esque jumpball instead of trying to hit a guy in stride.
6. Pass protection is still the same b.s. where a defender walks right by a blocker as if he doesnt exist. It sucks when youre making blocking adjustments and 7 guys fails to block a 4 man rush. Moving around in the pocket is kind herky jerky because of the whole ice rink sliding movement. I try to move my qb 1 yd in the pocket and he moves 5 yds out of the pocket because of the sliding effect.
7. Running the ball is actually fun because the blockers actually kick out and block a defender. The computer A.I. could be a bit better in defending the run because too many times all it takes is 2 blocks and youre off to the races.
As for tackling, at first i didnt like it because i found myself overshooting the ball carrier because of the whole sliding affect, but i realized if you dont abuse the turbo button as much, you'll be a better tackler. So now i turbo into the area and then go regular speed for the 5 to 10 yds it takes to close in on him. Another tip for tackling is to not freelance as much. So if youre using an OLB, maintain whatver gap youre responsible for because if you try to run away from that gap youre gonna get swallowed up in a sea of blocks. Youre better off just switching defenders.
I just have to ask this...given how advanced we have become in video gaming. Who really buys Madden (or game for that matter) to play against the CPU?