The Madden 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Never did and never will do the electric slide.

Do still listen to CDs.

____

You did not get my point. The point was that the actual game itself was better in the 1990s. Recent editions look significantly better and there are certainly more bells and whistles, but the game does not play better.

Madden has always had crazy shootouts, but they occurred less frequently in the early to mid 90s. On the default settings, the average score of a game in Madden 92 between myself and a friend would be 28-24. A decade later and again on default settings, the average game between me and a friend was g absurd. If we both kept one another under 40, then it was an impressive defensive effort.

2. thebrickwall423

thebrickwall423 New Member

Madden is a video game for the masses, not just for the football lovers. And they definitely have to do a better job at balancing the two. However, this game still has its good points and is still fun.

And the point that football knowledge isnt needed online is BS. Cause ive played alot people online and have won alot a games and lost alot of games, because the player/I didnt call TO here or passed it when he should of ran it.

Cheesers will always exist whether the game madden or 2k, which is why I love online dynasty because it essentially eliminates them.

3. Tight

Tight Active Member

Everytime I play the Vikings I make it a priority to knock the stuffing out of Brett favre..

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I played a guy that used the vikings online the other day and on his first drive either pace or taylor broke favre's jaw. It was beautiful.

5. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

I got the game on launch day for the PS3. I played a friend online first thing. I noticed that one out of 3 plays would lag 1-3 seconds. I played it off as online lag. I then started my franchise, same thing. Pissed me off. I started doing some research and found out others are having this issue as well. The thing we all have in common is that we upgraded the HDD in our PS3's. Evidently, EA doesn't like people who do this. It basically left the game unplayable for me, so I returned it for a refund.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

I hit stick the shit out of dudes, I've yet to take anyone out except the KR.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I upgraded my hard drive and I def. do notice a lil bit of offline lag but only on overthrown deep balls. Otherwise I don't really have issues offline. Online is a completely different story

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

I don't hit stick. Guaranteed broken tackle...

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I play All-Pro offline usually, but when I jump online or do practise for online, I don't hit stick.

10. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

What are the specs of the new HDD? I used a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 5400RPM. I thought that would be good enough since a factory HDD is 5400RPM as well.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

its a 320 gb 5400 rpm..i forget which brand i wanna say western digital but i dont remember

12. SF Dave

SF Dave New Member

Not necessarily. Go for it if you are running straight at them. Never try it if you're coming from the side, it just pushes them to the side a little bit, it will be broken almost every time. I can get hit sticks, you just gonna make sure you've got the right angle or they are going to get another 15+ yards.

Well, I guess I can't quote people yet.... This post was towards "Tight".

#212 SF Dave, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. jgangstahippie7:18

I hate this game. Giving up 40-50 PPG with the Jets. Going to take it off All-Madden and going to put it on My Skill.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The Jets defense is brutal online. I have Taylor as my starting outside linebacker and I put Thomas in Devito's spot on the line. I pretty much just blitz with reckless abandon with my corners in bump and run. It works pretty much as well as it does for the Jets in real life. Last two games that I have played were against the Cowboys and the Colts. I have given up a grand total of 14 points in those games.

15. 624

624 Banned

Taylor's stamina runs out in 2 plays.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

"Why you lookin' at me kid? I ain't yo' daddy."

Upon further review, screw it.

#216 Cakes, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  17. Tight

Tight Active Member

apparently revis cant guard a slant on anybody on the cowboys...

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

press coverage

19. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Yeah that is the major problem in the game. I recommend going to custom and making it 14 all around which is just shy of the all madden 15. it makes a world of difference and the game much more fun. Using My Skill tends to make you win a few then lose-win-lose-win-lose-win. if you do well enough in one thing it gets too difficult. so by the time u get to the lions, browns part of the schedule ur offense difficult will get jacked up and be crushed the next game.

20. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

First season (13-3) shockers:
    Green: broke the single season rushing record and averaged 5.6 yds per rush.
    Lt :also averaged the same but had only like 600 yds.
    Edwards: led the league in TD with 14. and only around 40-50 catches.
    Edwards and Keller: led in YPC.
    Jets: had one of the worst defenses in the league as far as yardage is concerned. but was first in turnovers. First in redzone attempts. first in rushing yds.

Cro: led in INT
    Cro, Revis, Wilson: top three in INT
    Losses: Dolphins twice :mad:

all-pro: Green, Edwards, Mangold, Moore, D'brick, Woody, Revis, Cromartie (maybe more can't remember)

wierdest occurance. AFC south division champ: Jaguars (7-9)

Playoffs: Jags V Pats, 49ers V cards, Bengals V Chargers, GB V idk

Jets, Pitt, Saints, Cowboys(?)