The Loss sucks....But this teams Hungry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Uhm a Jets Fan, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Uhm a Jets Fan

Uhm a Jets Fan New Member

Unfortunately we did not win this game and have had a rough stretch but let's all calm down. Sanchez throws 5 INT and we were still in the game and had a chance to win, today ST's gives up two kick returns but the team still fought and stayed in the game. This team is hungry something we haven't seen from the JETS, I am telling you the wins are going to come soon. This team is hungry and doesn't give up, watch after the bye week the JETS will have a very impressive outing against Jacksonville.

2. week17magic

week17magic New Member

who cares if they're hungry? let them eat hot dogs. this team is garbage. i cant wait for the draft already! i can't even tell you how many times i have said that in past Novembers being a fan of this piece of shit team.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

You really need to change your avatar picture.

But yeah, I don't really agree with what your saying but I'm pretty sure they have been hungry every week so far and it hasn't resulted in wins the past few weeks so I can't really even take that as a silver lining. The one thing I can take as a silver lining is that our defense played good, our offense played good and when that happens you win the game 95% of the time.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

ill agree that this loss sucks. i HATE losing to the dollfags.

time will tell with the rest of it.

5. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I think the offense looked damn good, hopefully the rest of the team will fall in place...

6. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Hungry for what, another devastating loss? This team sucks. Every year it's the same story, false hope for a little while, leading to terrible losses, leading to the realization that not only are you probably not going to make the playoffs, but even if you did, there's no chance of winning a super bowl.

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

At the end of the day this season is about developing the QB and Snachez took another positive step. It would have been greta if he could have completed the comeback but now w/ Cotch healthy, w/ a good ground game and all the weapons he has to throw to he should keep getting better and be ready to be really good and consistent in 2010.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

That is the goal of this season. Fans need to settle down, because its pretty clear we won't be winning the super bowl this year. Right now we as fans have to take a step back and realize no team captained by a rookie QB has ever made the superbowl much less won it. Only one team captained by a rookie QB has ever even made the AFCCG!

Rookie QB's notoriously are not put in situations to succeed because normally their team is utterly awful! We as a team are in a good place, our defense is on the verge of elite, our offense is making strides and we spread the ball around pretty well yesterday. Its obvious we can run the rock, our offense will be solid coming down the stretch. Oh and Feely has only missed one kick all year, and I am very positive if our kick coverage even thinks about allowing another return TD, Westoff will kill them.

Their are plenty of reasons to stay positive today. We are in every game no matter how the hell we manage to give the other team the game! So once we suddenly decide not to give our opponents a free victory, we will start winning games, and in my opinion, it will translate into some dominating wins in the second half, as long as they clean it up...

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Defense looked great too-

Like all the coaches said we have to play well on all 3 phases.
    Special teams lost us this one.

I wonder if Trusnik would've tackled there??

I still have hope, 6-2 over the next 8 and we are 10-6, and if we get in the playoffs we have a good a chance as anyone.

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

hungry for what....a hotdog on the sidelines.......

unfortunately these losses get scrutinized in/out because of who the jets were and quite frankly who they still are....

now some folks will say FU to me but it doesn't change until they have a dominating season (12-4, 13-3) and/or a SB appearance.

jil

11. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

This team is ANYTHING but garbage ... Yes we have lost a few games that we should have won ... We rush for 300+ yds and lose, we give up 6 INTS and have to go to OT to lose, we hold the DOLFAGS to 102 net yds offense for the entire game and LOSE ... We seem to have found ways to screw up, but this team can play.

The "D" is impressive to say the least, they had 7 good games and 1 bad game ( 1st Miami game ), the offense has been up and down, but with a rookie QB and WR's that have been bitten by injuries, they still have played decent in 6 of 8 games.

There is still half a season left, if we can put it together for a 6 and 2 record in the last 8 games, we end up 10-6 ... According to every "expert" out there we were supposed to be in last place or 3rd place in the divison at best ...

10-6 with a rookie QB, rookie HC, no Jenks or LW for half the season, a myriad of injuries to our WR's ... I'd say that would be more than I would have expected ...

Garbage ... Not in the least ... Disappointing ... YUP

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Ok.. Get started on your college research then.

If you aren't going to stick it out during the rough times, then I can about bet that no real Jet fan wants you around when the Jets are in full stride and eating up those wins.

Stop crying, man up, and stick it out. Otherwise, toodles! No one cares if you stick it out or not.. Boo Hoo...

13. week17magic

week17magic New Member

i envy your standards, man.

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I thought the goal of every team in the NFL is to win the Super Bowl.

All your positive attitude boils down to is the hope this team wins more games than loses in the second half. Well I see they have just gone 1-4 in their last five, despite adding Edwards. The only team they beat is one of the worst in the league who self destructed at that. They lost to Miami, who is 1-4 against the rest of their schedule, and Buffalo, who is also has a losing record.

Yet you feel good today because you are sure they will win in the second half. Okey dokey.

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Why should fans settle down? How many Sundays have the jets ruined in your lifetime?

16. Gotham Green

Gotham Green Active Member

Out of our four losses we have three basic reasons for losing:

QB throws up a stinker: Buffalo, NO games fall into this category. We knew (or should have known) that we'd have a few of these. Historically, most first year starters have games like this and end up costing some wins. Even some experienced starters have games like this. These I could see coming. One happened against one of the hottest teams in the league at the time (NO) and one happened against a team we should have beat (Buff).

Defense plays like garbage: First Miami game. This was a big surprise. The defense was supposed to carry the rest of the team. We have veterans who know the system at each level in the defense. No excuse for this and it still ticks me off.

Special Teams breakdowns: Second Miami game. Shonn Greene's fumble contributed, but without two touchdowns from special teams, I think we should have won yesterday.

So, is there a common thread in all these losses? I don't think so between all four. IMO, that's a good thing. It means that the reasons we're losing aren't chronic. If Sanchez wasn't able to pull himself out of his funk, or the defense couldn't stop the run consistently, we'd be in a much worse place.

I'm probably being a bit simplistic to boil down our losses to one major cause for each game, but I think, in our case, that it's true. When our stuff's on, we win games. When it's not, it's been a different thing each loss. If we can get everything firing on all cylinders consistently, we'll be in good shape the rest of the way.

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I went into this year expecting an 8-8 type year mainly due to blowing a few games on "rookie mistakes" by the QB and the HC. They are about on course for that. We started 3-0 and expectations rose prematurely. Looking the the schedule we probably should have started 1-3 and then went 3-1 but bottom line this team is about where they should be record-wise with a rookie QB and rookie HC. Second half of the year is all about Sanchez's progression as well as Rex's. Should be fun.

#17 Kris 15, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I may have expected 8-8, but I did not expect to get swept by Miami.

I would have thought most Jet fans would have understood that distinction, but nowhere is it mentioned in your post. Why?

19. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Because I'm trying my best to block that little fact out of my mind... :drunk:

Trust me, I'm disgusted by it. I just don't see the point in dwelling on it and sulking.

20. IvanPSI

IvanPSI New Member

Then go jump on a bandwagon(patriots) fag...If your a fan, your a fan, you stick with your team.