The lack of patience is astounding

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 1, 2014.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

For instance, Geno is going to have to run bc of this shit oline and receiving corps and old man Marty play calling. It was clear as day he was instructed not to run in the game against Detroit, that is a crime. One of the kids best weapons is his running ability.

It's a running qb league, they get hit, they die quick; let em run

2. JetsVilma28

Td against the bears if the play is called correctly. The secondary needs work, but they are not awful. With the holding as brutal as it's been qbs have been allotted some extra time back there. Jordy Nelson made some, seriously, unbelievable catches in that game in Green Bay.

I agree we need some Ints, this milliner injury has hurt the secondary, but we did find a solid tackler in Allen and serviceable corner in walls.

It's one thing if we were getting blown out in games or beat by "bad" teams, the Jets have played strong teams to a single score in every game.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Good losses don't count JV. At the end of the day, close but no cigar is a career killer. If this team ever is to turn the corner, we have to transition from defense centric to offense centric. Honestly, I don't think Rex is capable of doing that. I doubt if that's in the Ryan DNA.

TNJet likes this.
  4. JetsVilma28

I agree 100% with this post.

That's what hurts most about these losses. Moral victories mean shit. Rex, has to know this. You have got to find a way to win. And that's a big reason why Rex will most likely be gone at the end of the season and we will be back to square one, a damn shame.

I believe we are a year away with the team we have right now. This schedule must be one of the toughest any team can face, no? If we accept this year as a wash and last year as inflated, I feel next year is the year this team can make a push. We are going to force the FO to blow it up a year too early. That will set us back many more.

With some improvements through one more off season and one more draft the Jets will build a contender.

5. JetsVilma28

Don't forget the officiating haha you cannot tell me this officiating is not one sided

6. Cman68

I won't even try to sell you that pile. I will say that bad calls happen more often than not to bad teams. Why? Perception is perhaps the main cause. When you're perceived as a non disciplined team, calls are made based more often on reputation. The Raiders still suffer from their image. The Jets, while perhaps undeserved, were being victimized by this.

Not sure if you've noticed but since ESPN called them out during the Bears game, the crazy calls against us have stopped happening for the most part. It took a National TV venue and a National announcing Crew made up of former NFL'ers to embarass the NFL about the calls. I'd bet next month's mortgage payment that a phone rang and that crew got a admonishment regarding that call followed up by a memo about too many bad calls happening particularly against the Jets.

Sadly, sometimes Perception becomes reality and bad teams suffer from it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. JetsVilma28

Than, the sport is no different than WWE. I have NFL game rewind, auto subscribed by accident. The holding this year is a joke, it is really bad. Sure, around the league as a whole, it's really bad; but if your staple is a defensive line; it's pretty important to have some protection there like you would ask for with a franchise qb receiving all state ad endorsements. This d line is probably one of the best in the league, if not the best; but we are relegated to top 10 or worse because we get no protection.

The Jets as a whole are shit on year in year out; from the league, from the media. If you have to have an elite qb to change that than this league will always be WWE.

Some players/teams are protected, some are not; how is that justified?

8. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

its everyone's fault, its our fault to as fans, we suck, jets suck, fuck this shit

9. Cman68

It may not be right, but that's the way it is. The Jets will have to deal with it until they become the protected instead of the hunted. Not sure when that's gonna happen though. 2020 maybe?

10. If Rex's Defense performed as poorly as the Jets offense has over the last 4 years...he either would've re-signed by now..or would've called out each & every one of his critical defensive players to respond & correct themselves.

I'm sick & tired of the ho hum attitude toward the offense. The passing game is humiliating. Absolutely terrible. But Rex never wants to talk about it..nor does it ever appear to be a point of emphasis in the offseason,TC,preseason or regular season. It's a passing league....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

It's hard to be patient when your team has been the definition of mediocre for a majority of the years you've been watching them.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Cman68

Exactly right Kurt! I'm right there with ya brother!!

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't think it's clear that Marty was instructed not to run the ball against Detroit, especially with the HC we have.

I think it's more likely that he was told to run a more balanced attack and he just couldn't help himself.

I do this it's becoming obvious that the Head Coach is enamored with throwback offense that grinds and eats clock, and it's not an effective concept in today's NFL.

It's also sort of a trend now to throw a raw quarterback to the wolves and expect the defense to make up for it. That's a sign of overconfidence by Rex and I don't expect it to change.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Those are 2 completely different situations though.... Seattle had another option. they had a rookie QB. they didnt scrap a young player for a 35 year old. they scrapped a young player for a rookie they had just drafted who outplayed flynn in preseason. As i've said many times, if we had a young option on this team id be all for sitting Geno and evaluating the other guy. but we dont. thus it would be a giant waste of time, and push the evaluation of geno back even further by sitting him for vick.

if you want to move on from Geno sooner rather the later, the quickest way to do that is continue to start him, get this full season of him starting, and move on completely once and for all.

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Jets fans would not know the word patience if it bit them in the butt. New York fans in generally are usually impatient but that's for another story.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

When U blame the refs for the NYJs constant losing well then U are rationalizing how bad the NYJs have been since U have been a fan IMHO :mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Our defense most certainly is NOT nasty. our defensive line is an elite unit. our defense as a whole is not. our back 7 is really poor, especially the secondary.

we are in the lower half of the league in points allowed. we are allowing 24 ppg. we have given up a ton of big pass plays. our only saving grace is our defensive line. we lead the league in pass rushing and in run defense. thast on the defensive line. our secondary is bottom 5(probably the worst). our linebakcers are bottom 10.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The question is what have the NYJs won since U have been a fan? In my case it goes all the way back 01/13/69:mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

There are fans who have it worse like Lions or Browns fans. We've been snakebitten but we've actually had playoff wins in our lifetime. Bengals and Chiefs fans haven't seen their team win a single playoff game since the early 90's. Lets put this all in perspective. The Cardinals and Saints had worse history than us until their SB appearances of recent time. The Chargers got spanked their lone trip. Vikings haven't gone for almost as long as us. Jaguars may not touch that ground for a very long time at this rate.

I just hate how self entitled some of the fans can get and how they expect glory right off the bat when some fans know we're retooling while trying to compete on the run. I know PSLs suck and the parking and other aspects of Metlife suck but why take that upon the players? That's not their fault.

20. JetsVilma28

Opposing quarterbacks are getting wrecked. We have played top passing attack teams all season, save Oakland. The offensive holding is a joke. We aren't getting called for it either, but the desperaity is far ranging.