The lack of patience is astounding

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Martin&theJETS, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

2013: Through week 4 we had played the Bucs, Pats, Bills, and Titans.

Geno was 4 TD to 8 INTs, 57% completion, with a QB rating of 69.3. 1 rushing TD and 3 fumbles lost.

2014: Through week 4 the Jets have played the Raiders, Packers, Bears, and Lions

Geno is 4 TD to 5 INTs, 60% completion, with a QB rating of 75.3. 1 rushing TD and 2 fumbles lost.

While these figures may not be significantly different, they do show progress. Geno over the course of the first four weeks of the season has turned the ball over 4 less times than last year. I expect him to get better with protecting the ball as the season goes on and ending up with a few more touchdowns than interceptions.

Even if Geno ends up 1:1 by the season end he still did significantly better than last season. For a player only 2 years into the league, that should be a positive sign. Geno should continue to get better. If he continues to play better than he has previously there should be no issue. Of course it would be nice to see Geno with a 2:1 but that simply is not realistic currently, given the supporting cast.

This team was not destined to win the Super Bowl this year, hell they would be insanely lucky to pull a 10-6 record given our schedule. As long as Geno is making progress and playing better than the season before there should be no issue with this young man. The minute he starts to digress, dump his ass. Just like we did Sanchez.

Geno was essentially 1:2 his rookie season, if he improves that to 1:1 this season, go out and get someone like Amari Cooper in the draft or Dez in the FA next off season, a 2:1 for 2015 would be highly realistic considering Geno's growth and multiple seasons in this offensive system.

So everyone just CTFO, Geno isn't playing like a veteran, how could you expect it? He's playing like a 2nd year quarterback with a subpar receiving group thanks to our brilliant GM.

2. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Hard to be Patient as a Jets Fan

NJBeliever and Flyboy like this.
  3. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Yeah, I don't understand it either. Patience paid off with Sanchez. Seriously, the comedy of the butt fumble was worth the wait.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

There's always tomorrow..

5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I wonder if some of the Smith Fans were literally not following the team when Mark Sanchez was the Qb. We had four years of the team being patient with him, and he got progessively worse. ANd that was for the fifth pick in his draft.

The lack of perspective is astounding.

srains and Red Menace like this.
  6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

^ compare the supporting casts

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I think most of the lack of patience comes from missing out on the playoffs 3 straight seasons and having crappy QB play for about 4 years now.

The fan base expected this to be a year we compete for the play offs and the 2nd year QB steps it up, yet it's the same old song and dance.

I do think we should let this play out with Geno a little longer but I can't get at the fans for being inpatient. This is a win now league and we haven't won
    in quite awhile.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes - we need to stop having such high expectations as fans. How dare us want something better than shit QB play! We need to have a little patience. It's not like we're on year 6 of complete shit at QB.

Be better fans. Demand less! (but pay more)

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Geno was like 35th best QB [a la Sanchez] out of 32-team league last season.

Now he's 32nd best. That's an improvement by 3 QBs. Ain't that something?

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

By the end of the season he could be up to 28 or so. Have a little patience. Astounding!

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  11. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

not too far off from brady atleast

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Oh I get it - haha, good one, - Brady is doing bad and so is Geno so that means we should give Geno the same benefit of the doubt. Because Brady has 3 rings. Or something.

13. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

no that was a joke because i like to make jokes

14. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

but im glad you got it

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Most of the people here barely have an attention span longer than 5 minutes. You want us to be patie

TNJet likes this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

One hundred years from now when they're showing NFL bloopers - there will be Marky Sanchez, in all his glory, butt-fumbling his way into eternity...

matt robinson 17, tbruner12 and TNJet like this.
  17. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Ryan Tannehill
    Geno Smith
    EJ Manuel

The above is a list of QB's who have more fantasy points this year than Timmy Brady.

Axel3419 likes this.
  18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The number of Jets fans accepting of suck is astounding.

19. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Its like that other thread said, our QB play has been so awful for so long that I dont think most fans even notice anymore

20. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

If Jets fans are pissed off about this season, they probably should have been pissed off before the season started. Because I think it was pretty clear that our Front Office did not put a quality team on the field this year....way too many holes. Even if our QB play was more consistent, this is just not a championship contending team by any stretch. 1-3 should not be a shock based on the teams we have played.

rohirrim665 likes this.