The Keep Rex Ryan Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 27, 2014.

1. keepthefaith1969

keepthefaith1969 New Member

When two individuals (Vick and Geno) turn the ball over 6 times (could have been 9), it will always make a team look horrendous. A team has no shot at looking good when you lose a turnover battle - 6 . The defense battled like heck yesterday, so I don't buy the not showing up angle.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I still believe Rex is a hell of a coach, I still think it would be a mistake to let him go. All of it doesn't matter though, we are in a lot of trouble by the looks of things. Those AFC title games seem like a life time ago now. It's probably going to be a long time before we get anywhere close to that again.

3. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

These people defending Rex are starting to sound like those parents that are always making excuses for why their kids are doing so poorly in school...enough already.

srains, cgrec and geomon like this.
  4. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

It's everybody else's fault. It can't be Rex Ryan, he took us to two AFCC games. Of course the people that built that team, who played on that team, are dwindling fast while Rex hangs on for dear life.

5. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

A head coach just can't neglect the offense like Rex does. It's inexcusable. I would love for him to stay as a defensive coordinator but our offense is a complete joke and he's partly to blame. We need a complete coach and a complete team. Plus his game management is awful to boot. Pass.

6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Hell of a coach based on what? The guy is a sub 500 coach now and got to the the title games with the pre regimes players. His defenses havent been anything special in the last 4-5 years. The homers can pull out all the overrated stats like yards but when it comes to points allowed, red zone %, 3rd down %, and creating turnovers, his defenses continually fail. Not to mention, horrible clock management and reluctant to make obvious personnel changes when its obvious to everyone but him doesnt spell a hell of a coach. Would love to know where this hell of a coach stuff comes from that you speak of...

7. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Let's go over the annual Rex Ryan Seasonal Coaching Loss Sheet, shall we?
    - loss due to team being not ready to play - check - San Diego
    - loss due to shitty clock management- check - New England game - if they had time outs left could have got folk in range
    - loss after the Rex Ryan Vaunted Defense (pat. pend.) gives up solid lead - check - Green Bay game
    - loss after having over a week to prepare - check - Buffalo
    - loss to team(s) you should beat - check - Chicago and Buffalo
    And we still have the loss after the bye and the loss where Ryan does not make adjustments in game to look forward to!
    Yea, I can see why you want to continue this for years to come:rolleyes:
    HELLUVA COACH

MenOverGod, VaBchJet, srains and 3 others like this.
  8. keepthefaith1969

keepthefaith1969 New Member

Should Sean Payton be fired because his defense have historically been horrendous year in and year out?

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

If it keeps them from getting to the next level, then yes.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Sean Payton has a SB win to his credit. Rex has back to back AFCCG losses to his.

JetsNation06 and KWJetsFan like this.
  11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Sean Payton is a winning coach with a regular season record of 75-42. Rex on the other hand is under 500 at 43-45. Ryan isn't treading water he's under water and needs to go.

#31 BleedJetsGreen1981, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

it's time to move on from rex. it just is. his flaws are accentuated every week and his strengths have been shrinking. that we can play with new england on short rest and than play like we did yesterday after a mini bye is not a talent problem, its a coaching problem.

IDFjet likes this.
  13. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Combined with no AFC East titles, AFC titles, SB titles and now, what will be 4 straight years without a winning record.

Lifetime contract.

VaBchJet likes this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This too. Rex is done.

I hate when people say, "But he made us relevant." He didn't. Parcells did in '97 and we have been in playoff contention on a regular basis since them. (Although we are going on a 4 year drought now)

I also hate when people say Rex is one of the best Jets coaches we have had. The Jets are a bad franchise with a history of bad coaches. Rex has a losing record as the Jets HC. It's simply a "cream of the crap" argument. We didn't give him 2-3 years. We gave him 6. It's over.

15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

We got spoiled last year. Our DBs got worse. Our o-line didn't get any better.

We definitely aren't better than last year and our schedule this year is absurd.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread. Only two coaches in Jets history have a greater than 0.500 record. Bill Parcells and Al Groh (one season). That's it.

As you said, "cream of the crap."

17. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

You know what? This is not true.

How many times have you seen a well-coached team outperform its talent? By playing smart, disciplined football. By making fewer mistakes than the other team. Fewer penalties. No dumb mistakes. Few mental errors. No wasted timeouts. Good clock management. That's all due to good coaching.

Too bad none of this can be said about the Jets. That's coaching, too, and unfortunately not of the good variety.

IDFjet likes this.
  18. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The one thing I hate about having to fire him is that he's going to get a head coaching job and we will never beat him.

If there's one thing that Rex is good at it's getting his team to play for him, and the strength of "these guys fucked me, beat them for me" isn't going to bode well for us.

IDFjet likes this.
  19. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Rex is a hell of a defensive coach.

Unfortunately that was not his job here.

20. srains

srains Member

Really? If he was good at getting the team to play for him, he would have a better record