The Johnson Bros

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I’ve been putting asbestos in all their products in the hope that I can start multiple lawsuits. I’ve just stitched a tile from the space shuttle into my Leonard Williams jersey and called my attorney.

2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Why do people keep falsely assuming that NFL owners actually care about their customers?

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Look what they throw away their money on Trumaine Johnson, Leonard Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Osemele etc. fat cats.

Getting paid the big bucks yet are producing like scrubs or aren't playing at all.

Meanwhile the Pats have a bunch of no name players more than likely making a fraction of what the fat cats on the Jets are making making a run at a undefeated season AND possibly the #1 defense of all time.

I wish I had the answers.

4. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

no. The Johnson bros need to step up and play sorry. It is appropriate at this point that members of this org at every level should be contemplating suicide after such an embarrassing season.

Stagman likes this.
  5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

They are lucky PSL's exist. I think most fans would've given up their season tickets is they didn't have to pay for them. After the Giants game no one will be at a game. Sad just sad. Another lost season. Fun 10 year run.

TonyFtLaud and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sorry, anyone willing to fork over a ton of cash just to be locked into buying more expensive tickets deserves what they get.... I remember my cousin saying they would be an "investment"..... I just laughed at him. Luckily he got out of the 40K it wouldve cost to keep the seats his family had since 84 (or maybe Shea) :confused:

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You do realize Woody is a self made billionaire and he bought the Jets long before he sniffed a penny of the J&J money right?

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson was part of a "tax avoidance scam" His company purchased 2 Billion dollars in capital losses to defraud the federal government of 300 million in taxes. Johnson settled for 100% plus penalties.

He inherited a fortune, used his money to setup an investment company and tried to defraud the US government.

He essentially bought his ambassador position through large donations and fund raisers for politicians. As US ambassador to England he has been trying to get England to buy tons of US hormone fed beef that the EU won't allow their citizens to eat because the EU deems it unsafe for human consumption.

The guy tried to build a stadium with NY City money and as soon as that deal died he cheeped out completely. He's a fraud.

Noam and HomeoftheJets like this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

Not arguing his character. Fact is he's a billionaire several times over, before inheriting a penny.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Woody's as much of a self-made billionaire as Kylie Jenner.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

Lol...

12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You've now said that twice without anything to back it up. He got his first trust fund check of 10 million at the age of 21. Every 5 years he got millions more into his mid 40's. He took on a partner in the Construction business in Florida and lived a nice life which included tax fraud before buying the Jets. The money for the Jets and almost every dollar he made was the result of inherited money reinvested.

BrowningNagle and Noam like this.
  13. TonyFtLaud

He didn't get anything at 21 ,d he was by his father. It wasn't until his last surviving uncle included him and his siblings in his will that they stood to inherit anything, which they did after 2 remaining cousins died.
    Spielvogel was his partner in the building company, and Woody fucked him out of millions, he also made millions on cable TV, what's now Comcast in FL and acting as a bank financing mortgages and loans. No doubt there was shady dealings there too

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

If you truly honestly believe he did it without help you’re a dope

15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Wow, an economic argument for all us Jet fans. So the opioid crisis which has killed more people in one year than the Vietnam War will lead to salvation for the Jets? Unfortunately, J&J being a corporation can be sued but not all of Woody's other assets. Last I heard Woody is worth about 4 Billion dollars and he owns about 200 million in J&J stock. So if his stock in J&J were to go to zero, highly unlikely, you are talking about 5% of his assets.

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

true....but if a judge rules Woody's assets were ill be gotten (from the illegal sale of opiates) the gvt can seize them. If I made a million dollars selling Heroin and set up a trust for my daughter who buys a car with it, guess what could happen to that car? I know, I know, it's far more complicated but I'm just dreaming.

17. TonyFtLaud

He had plenty of help, every one of us here who has bought Tix and merch and continue to do so are supporting him on a daily basis .
    The fact still remains, he accumulated enough money to buy this franchise prior to inheriting his J&J money and that J&J money is a small portion of his wealth. The majority of his money, comes directly from the NY Jets.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Woody is definitely NOT self made. that's hilarious

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

both of them benefitted from lots of johnsons

TonyFtLaud likes this.