the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Kyle Fuller looked great for the Bears tonight. 2 INTs on the road in the 2nd half against a QB that doesn't throw a lot of picks.

Idzik, like his predecessor, has zero eye for talent.

His hand-picked, in-person scouted boys this year -- Amaro, Pryor -- look like JAG type stiffs.

It's great that Pryor can make a big hit once every 3 games. Idzik never bothered to ask himself whether the kid can cover, tackle in space, or catch passes that hit him in the hands.

Getting deked by Jordy Nelson like that on the sideline -- it's embarrassing.

#41 al_toon_88, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

My Christ this place is over reaction central.

NY Jets68, CaneGreen and TonyMaC like this.
  3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

It feels as if every time I look up Dee Milliner is 10 yards behind his receiver in futility trying to chase him down on his way to the end zone.

The only hope is that the receiver drops the pass, fumbles, or steps out of bounds.

chris5533 likes this.
  4. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I loved Fuller going into the draft, but you do know he was taken at #14. We picked at #18.

And it's way too early to say Pryor and Amaro are busts.

MoWilkNYJ likes this.
  5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Side note why in the hell is Quigly still on this team we had 12 picks.... We would trade into the second round to draft a kicker but we can't use a damn draft pick on a punter lol

NY Jets68 and Run_N_gun10 like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The Jets last season would have been blown out by the Packers at home. We are a better team today, we need to get Jace Amaro involved more, a lot more.

Though Davante Adams did look good, thanks to Rodgers of course.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

So people are again dismissing Milner based on his return to the field yesterday. He is not 100 %. If he was, he would have played every snap. He made some decent plays in the first half. One of the plays that beat him was clearly on Pryor, a raw rookie. I think by the end of the year we are going to be looking a Dee, Pryor, Sheldon and Geno and feeling very good about our past two drafts. We all like the Ivory signing. Most of us like the Decker signing. GMs all miss on some players.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Idzik has made some good moves, such as getting Ivory and Decker. But the lack of talent at Cb was too much to overcome yesterday. Hate to say it but I expect more of the same against the Staffords, Cutlers, Rivers, Bradys, Mannings. Rothliesbergers and even Tannehills of this world. EJ Manuel?

NYJetsO12 and Run_N_gun10 like this.
  9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets lost a game to the Packers in Green Bay by a TD. Regime change!!!!

Jake, NY Jets68 and MoWilkNYJ like this.
  10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

The problem with this franchise is we don't learn from our mistakes.... How many times will you run the pathetic wildcat.... How many times does it have to fail. How many times do we burn timeouts.... How many times do we give back our very few turnovers we actually create.

11. Br4d

The Jets ran one wildcat snap that I saw, the direct snap to CJ. The Vick play wasn't wildcat, that was Vick in a planned pass that went awry when Vick got caught from behind. If Vick had been running on that play there is no way he gets caught from behind.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

We have a hole, and he has been standing on the sideline for 6 years now, the Jets have changed everything with the exception of the owner and the HC.

At some point you guys will realize what some posters have come to terms with, that the HC is the problem, not saying he is not a good DC, just saying he is not a good HC.

He is another version of WadePhillips good DC just not a good HC.

The jets have a good oline and 2 RB that can make a difference, however they do nothing but run draws from the shotgun formation, that is ok if you have Tom Brady or PM as your QB.

This game reminded me of the game Sanchez had against the bills when BS was out OC, we were up comfortably and BS decided that instead of pounding the rock he was going to continue throwing the ball out of the shotgun formation with 4 and 5 receiver sets.

I know MM is the OC, but at some point Rex needs to step in and tell the guy, run the ball and start killing some time.

If we as casual fans understand this part of the game, how does a man who has been in the nfl for most of his life not get it?

Even McCarthy understands this, he went from hurry up offense to time management mode and started to kill the clock with 9:00 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.

Jmo

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Br4d

If Rex stepped in and told MM to run the ball you would criticize him for stepping on his OC - who knows offense better than he does.

When he doesn't step in and do that you write what you wrote above.

Really nice to have your cake and eat it too, right?

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is such a bad bad thread idea. In the future, filter your ideas through someone that understands logic.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Brad I have never been on the fence about Rex, I never wanted him here and I don't like him to this day as our HC.

As I posted before, he is another Wade Phillips.

Some guys are just not good HC, why is that so hard for people to accept?

I'm not saying that as a HC he needs to know all 1000 plays in the OC book, but he should know when to step in and say this is what I want done.

Brad you are very knowledgable, you know through interviews, when you listen to some of the great all time coaches, Walsh, Parcels, Bellichick...etc

They all put their stamp on the game at some point by demanding from their assistants that it be done their way.

16. 101GangGreen101

Rex made the wrong call putting Milliner out there instead of having Allen / Walls go at him. Nelson has great hands, but I doubt the sure tacklers in Walls and Allen allow that TD. Milliner played far too much yesterday idk what Rex was thinking.

You can't stop Rodgers, only hope to contain him and I thought we did decent at the end of the 1st half.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Milliner gave up the reception but Pryor is the one that gave up the TD.

18. 101GangGreen101

Yes Milliner did, but at least we didn't let Nelson generate too much YAC in that first half. Milliner was beat pretty badly on that play.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Typical jet fan BS overreaction to a gut wrenching loss. Blame anyone and everyone. Yeah, lets go look somewhere around the league across the 400 players drafted this year, pick one that had a good game and blame the GM for not drafting him. While you are at it also blame him for Wilkerson lack of self control, the unfortunate time out from hell, the interception that should not have been, on and on.
    Truth is we played a top offensive team that everyone and his brother announced before the game was going to destroy us. Even with that we should have won this game, weak corners and all. Did we make some crucial mistakes that cause us TO GIVE THEM THE GAME, HELL YES.
    Am I pissed? absolutely...but not one freaking ounce of it had to do with the GM. The players and the coaches let this one slip away from them. It's call execution. We did not capitalize on the run and switching to Powell when he was hot, we had a 6'4 TE that did nothing to prevent that interception, we allowed our emotions to ruin our momentum, our OL let us down, and with all of that we still had a shot to the last minute in a hostile environment with one unfortunate blown time out call.
    Yet the best we can do is blame the GM, and to boot state that Decker was a bad free agency move, or Pryor and Richardson and Amaro were bad picks? Really...so far the one I'm most concerned about if you want to blame Idzik is Winters, but in any draft you will have hits and misses. At this point IMHO the least of our problems is Idzik, in fact it is not a problem at all but a strength.

I'm amazed as to how insanely stupid the presumption that its the GM fault sounds.
    Yet people actually buy into it...go figure

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There are VERY few buying into this, and it's the same group of dopes that buy into every other ridiculous horseshit hypothesis posted by one of their loathing brethren. It's almost funny.