the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He was on Kays show saying it was a "Jet Decision", if im Rex , I am going down swinging. Ill insert Vick, and let Idzik fire me as I proceed to win games and create a strong resume for a team that wants a good coach that is allowed to coach and isnt on a corrupt team like the New York Jets.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So you think not allowing your coach to make coaching decisions is a winning formula?

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I'll tell you one thing, If Rex is fired and Idzik allowed to stay you my see a worse fan revolt then when the Giaants fans were burning their tickets in the 70s. I would almost welcome that at this point anyway..there really needs to be some serious changes with this team.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

FT
    Idzik is very indefensible on the QB issue.

He pulled alot of BS when Smith got passed on by the rest of the league, then sabotaged Sanchez once he landed Smith, by not so subtly trying to evoke shades of Russel Wilson..

From a talent/organizational standpoint his actions were indefensible, all but mandating a 'competition, before even attempting to see what the former 5 overall pick could do under a new OC, while his new toy was allowed time to develop, given his lack of NFL ready college prep.

the of course there's they trade of a 26 year old Sanchez, for a 34 year old Vick? (put aside the hate, and tell me that makes sense...except to coddle Smith)

then..look at how Sanchez was released...Idzik sat on him when there were teams looking for a starter...fcol, RYAN FITZPATRICK landed a starting job, and it was only after there were no teams loking for a starter, that Idzik cut Sanchez loose...it seems to me, to ensure he wouldn't look bad.
    insecurity in a GM is not a good thing.

had he done the right thing, we could have potentially had a very good QB position on this team, as Sanchez possibly reached more of his potential, and Geno been allowed to grow into his...this year Smith would have pushed it, but by next season.....

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ive never actually been that upset over a sports team, I know Tannenbaum takes a lot of heat but that guy was trying to win, he really was. He put together a strong roster and got the Jets much deeper than what most GMs get their teams to.

What is taking place right now is disgusting. The general manager is not allowed to make a general manager move (choosing head coach), while the head coach is not being allowed to make head coaching moves (not being able to put Vick in).

In what world is this a winning formula? and if Idzik fires Rex despite not allowing him to put Vick in, then Idzik is not a real GM, he is a lost individual with zero clue on how to operate a team (and go ahead haters/trolls, say "well soxxx, then why arent you a GM of a NFL team if you are so good at it?!??!")

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah it really sickens me the way he handled the Sanchez release, because right now Sanchez would be the guy in Houston winning games, not Fitzpatrick. Obrien played against both guys, and he knew Sanchez was better, he watched him outscore his Patriots offense in a playoff game for christ sakes..... Fitzpatrick was signed so deep into free agency, the same week Sanchez got released which was late as hell, that I believe Obrien was waiting for Sanchez but then it began to seem like the Jets were actually holding on to him so the Texans just went ahead and signed Fitzpatrick because they knew they were not drafting a QB).

-Fitzpatrick was signed March 17
    -Sanchez released March 23

Both very late into free agency....especially for a QB position.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

And Idzik was never a personell guy, I was under the impression that he had a strong cabinet, a strong group of advisors that he trusted that would give him the proper information to sign/draft/move/etc players which 100% fine, and could work 100%. If his cabinet was telling him all offseason that the CB situation was fine, and that nothing needed to be changed, then we have a serious issue at hand. The guys he brought in might not be good, this whole thing is looking like a mess, and it might go on for this season, plus two or three more seasons..........

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

4th rd pick HURNS has looked pretty damn good... and that was with Chad Henne at QB :confused:

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I've been hard on Woody lately. Worse than I should. It Took Paul Allen years to find the right GM and coach for th Hawks. 14 years isn't that long for an ownership. But he falls in love with people with people to easily. And it is easy to fall in love with moron

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Paid Dimitri Patterson 3 million, Vick 5 million. Neither of which will play this season.....apparently.

Meanwhile the Giants sign a CB for 5 years, $35 million........

Do the math....what the fuck is going on with this Idzik guy.

11. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Hurns was undrafted.

Jetsfansince95 and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  12. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I said it once and I'll say it again IZDIK SUCKS. I mean come on in 2 years he made this team worse. All that cap money and still got big holes at WR and CB. Somebody let Idzik know this is now a PASSING league.

13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

They were both 1 year deals thus sticking w/his philosophy of being very flexible w/cap space - I'm sure if DRC would have signed for 1 year 8 million they would have snatched him up but obviously that's unrealistic. But to equate Patterson and Vick to missing out on DRC is moronic.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don't think Hurns was drafted if you can believe that.

15. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

As I sit here thinking about Idzik and how poor his draft selections have been I am watching on espn2 the seattle seahawks 2010 draft class because its the same year they traded for marshawn lynch and they are interviewing lynch.

1st round picks: Russell Okung and Earl Thomas
    2nd round: Golden Tate
    4th round: Walter Thurmond
    5th round: Kam Chancellor

a couple years later they draft richard sherman in the 5th round and a guy named russell wilson in the 3rd round!!!

Please tell me what Idzik has done that has even been remotely close to being this on point with picks!!! Idzik was supposed to be with the Seahawks, wtf was he thinking with the draft picks hes made so far?! (im ignoring free agency completely because he has a terrible cheap mindset)

2013 draft
    1st round: Dee Milliner - Injury prone. lacks cover ability
    1st round: Sheldon richardson- I'll give it to him on this one, richardson is an impact player
    2nd round: Geno Smith-NOT A FRANCHISE QB
    3rd round: Brian Winters- Turnstyle at his position/commits penalties (but ill give idzik the benefit of the doubt here)
    5th round: Oday Aboushi- Practice Squad career?
    6th round: Willie Campbell- Who?
    7th round: Tommy Bohanon-Ill give Idzik credit here

2014 draft:
    1st round: Calvin Pryor-Idzik did well here
    2nd round: Jace Amaro- Hopeful on this one
    3rd round: Dexter McDougle-Injury Prone/IR
    4th round: Jalen Saunders-Released
    5th round: Shaq Evans- IR

YOU CANNOT HAVE THIS MANY ISSUES IN THE DRAFT TO BUILD A TEAM

tomdeb likes this.
  16. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Don't even give him credit for Sheldon. Anything D line related is obviously a Rex pick.

Shaq was a 4th rounder. Our 5th rounder is now on the Jaguars.

Hobbes3259 likes this.
  17. Hobbes3259

And Ward was a little tough on The Beaver last night...

18. Hobbes3259

beat me to it by this . . much...

74 likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, it's obvious that Sheldon was a Rex pick as evidenced by the two actually confirmed Rex picks:

Tajh Boyd and John Connor.

20. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

McDougle tore his ACL - his past injury was his shoulder. Anyone can tear an ACL the label injury prone is a bit overused here.