The Jim Leonard Show!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RapZiLLa54, Nov 16, 2009.

1. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Thank god for this guy!! Guy is playing with a club on his hand and it seemed like he was around every play. Huge game and effort, really the only positive from the game IMO. If only Rhodes had this guys heart. Hes slowing becoming my favorite player on D. Hes the defensive version of Wayne!

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm on board with this.

Jim Leonhard is proving that his signing has been more beneficial to the Jets than Bart Scott's.

He's flying around the ball like a maniac......an excellent pickup.

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Leonhard not only is the hardest playing D man....but he's also the smartest....he clearly is the leader of Jets D

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Right now, Leonhard, Revis, and Cotchery have been the only consistent players on our team that we can count on on every play

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I lobbied for Leonhard early last season as a guy I wanted to be brought in as a safety opposite rhodes. This year its simply playing out as obvious, the guy is a gamer. He isnt as physically gifted as Rhodes, but he damn sure is playing better football.

Leonhard is a good role player who is playing like a maniac and on top of it, I think he has started to become a leader in the locker room, maybe even taking over Rhodes role as the leader in the secondary... Revis just seems to me as the quiet lead with my play kinda guy, as opposed to the vocal leader.

HE came out yesterday and said post-game, that play to Lewis is on me, I was trying to get the coverage changed, I tried to change it too late, and Kerry didnt hear it in time.

Leonhard said it maybe 15 times, it's on me, it's on me.

I love the owning up to the mistake, and still it surprises me. Isn't the coverage supposed to be Rhodes job? well apparently Leonhard has taken over that aspect as well.

6. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Leonhard, Revis, Cotchery, Feely, TJones have all been great. Everybody else has been pretty awful in this 1-5 funk

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only player on the Jets defense that Leonhard has not out-played is Revis. He was a fantastic pick up.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

lets not forget about david harris hes quietly having a great season too

9. lude

lude New Member

I might be the only one out there, but I've been sporting my Leonhard jersey to every game since week 5.

#9 lude, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

That spoke volumes to me as well, because a) it's Rhodes' fault for not seeing the coverage needed to be altered in the first place and b) it's Rhodes' fault for not having his head on a swivel and realizing that the other safety was gesturing and screaming at him. Good for Leonhard to man up and try to step up for his teammate in any case.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well you could see Leonhard in the top left corner of the replay gesturing to Rhodes, but it wasn't blatanly obvious. Also it was all of 1-2 seconds pre snap... So yeah, I think the blame needs to be on Leonhard, it was tough to expect Kerry who is focused on the guy he needs to cover, to expect that change to come so late. However, you are right, Rhodes should have realized coverage needed to be changed. Also even if he was supposed to have leonhards help over top, why wouldn't you attempt to play tight coverage and deny your man the ball? Also if you tighten up, and so does the rest of the secondary, it could give our rushers the time they needed to get a coverage sack!

The loss could be placed on this mistake, which would mean in the end, dispite his stellar game Jim cost us a victory. But to be honest, I don't fault him, he played the best on D, except for maybe revis, and he did it with a cast on his hand. What more can you ask for out of 1 guy?

12. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Rhodes is absolutely average. I'm not sure what happened, but the guy is nothing special anymore. He tries to play with too much finesse, he's not scary at all back there. The guy needs to quit twittering and start making some damn hits.

I had lower level tickets yesterday and got to see this guy up close, and he made me wanna vomit. He may have "Ed Reed" ability, but he sure as hell doesn't play that way. Getting kind of tired of watching him under achieve.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Congrats to the guy who had the best game on defense yesterday. Your prize is a broken thumb!

see the jim leonhard is out thread for details!

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

So right. It seems a LONG time ago we were all pissed about him getting passed over in Pro Bowls for John Lynch. He might be the classic case of a guy not caring after the big contract got signed. Holy shit, I remember being ecstatic that the Jets locked him up long term. So much for all the talk of him being stifled in Mangini's system...

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Leonhard has been a great player for this team. Always around the ball, always playing hard, he can jump, he can hit, and he can flat-out fly. I would have been pissed off royally if we lost him to the Broncos. As it stands, we have a great leader on this defense in the very least.

16. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Amen. A lot of talk about Bart Scott before the season, and sometimes during the week, but rarely if ever do I hear his name or see his number on sundays.

Leonhard is bringing it every sunday, here's hoping he's a Jet for a long time. Anybody remember how long he signed for? I remember he took a discount, so I can't imagine its more than a three year deal or so.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Scott is on pace to have the most tackles of his professional career - he currently has 58 combined tackles and 43 solo. He has gotten plenty of pressures on the QB and has made a number of tackles on the runner in the backfield. I hear his name called numerous times every Sunday.

Anyone expecting him to come in here and be Ray Lewis was fooling themselves. Scott isn't the guy playing Ray Lewis's role - Harris is. And doing a pretty damn good job of it, too.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

QFT. Scott was brought in to do exactly what he did in Baltimore, which is take on blockers and free up Harris, and be a vocal leader on this team. He's doing both jobs well, thus far.