The Jets Options With Santonio Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jan 2, 2012.

1. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Why didn't Rex stop this SHIT during the season??

A couple of Pts:
    1) I would say sit him down, try to work it out or trade him
    2) Unless Rex is totally retarded, he is/was aware of Holmes complaints/issues during the season..
    3) so did Rex call this POS into his office, telling him to knock the crap off??
    4) if Rex didn't "grab the bull by the horn" and chew him out...why not?? who is running the asylum??

2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that Rex didn't know, simply for the fact that Holmes, Plax and Mason all went to Rex early in the season and complained about shotty.

He had to know the WRs were unhappy.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

the best thing that could happen is for holmes to fail a piss test

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Why the hell would that be good?

5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

agree with you, but getting a football guy to handle the draft/udfa/trades and sending tanny back to cap stuff only is one thing i would add.

6. lakersmetsjets49ers

if santonio holmes is wearing a jets uniform come week 1 i'm convinced the organization doesn't give a single damn about team chemistry or character.

no one person is bigger then the team and if he comes back after showing up his teammates on more then one occasion it's a joke.

do you think an organization like the steelers or the packers would bring a guy back after he pulled stunts like what holmes has pulled, on top of that a team captain.

wide receivers have been proven expendable. philly did just fine without T.O, dallas won their first playoff game since 96 the year after they traded T.O, every team that dumped randy moss had a better record the year after letting him go, even the sorry ass raiders. hell the steelers got rid of holmes and they made it to the super bowl. hell the jets were 3-1 without holmes in 2010.

barring holmes going completely out of his way to repair the damage caused yesterday and from past incidents this season, and im talking about him taking the initative to do things, i just can't see why he would be back next season.

a guy like him is great when the team is winning or when he's in a contract year. when things get tough you see his true character.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

That was sarcasm my man. You definitely wouldn't get a first rounder, no way. Probably wouldn't even get the 5th rounder we paid at this point.

8. lakersmetsjets49ers

hell, they should get whatever they can get for him and cut their losses. he's replaceable.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

so you lose holmes and burress and once again have new WRs for your QB to learn with?? You keep Holmes...you have a sit down with him, get him to apologize to the team, and you make him earn some respect back. The cost to cut him is too great and the loss of familiarity with Sanchez is a bad thing especially with anew offensive system coming in . If Braylon is healthy you give him a shot to come back or you find a legit speed guy in FA or the draft that can stretch the field

10. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Just wondering earlier today, does Holmes contract include any language about future banned substance test failures, maybe making it easier to get rid of him if he did, money-wise? You would think that would have been somewhere in the fine print.

11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Agreed. For so many reasons, he shouldn't be back. It's time for this organization to show some balls.

12. lakersmetsjets49ers

the fact that every team that traded randy moss improved the following season speaks for itself. randy moss is one of the greatest receivers of all time.
    i can't stand the patriots but i applaud bill bellichek for having the balls to get rid of him when things started to sour.

the eagles got rid of Team Obliterator after his cancerous attitude helped destroy their 05 season and did just fine without him the next. Is it not a conincidence that Tony Romo and Dallas won a playoff game the year after he left?

the jets were 3-1 without him in 2010, pittsburgh has done just fine without him as well. there's decent receivers on the market this offseason and you can easily draft a replaceable receiever. he's not a true number 1 first option receiver in my opinion.

that locker room is going to be akward next season if he's back.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This will depend on whether they can get Braylon with affordable deal.

And he shouldn't be the leader out of WR corp. Braylon and Cotchery would have been a real good tandem from leadership standpoint, but then Braylon had off-the-field issues so, Jets would have to come up with a clause that protects the franchise if Braylon fucks things up again. *Better yet, if Braylon learns to clean his act up, that would be optimal.* It seems to me that the bridge is burnt between Cotchery, and I am not too optimistic about Braylon's return either - which means Jets will have to get a #1 out of Patrick Turner somehow. (He does have the physical traits.)

#73 Zach, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's a good point, and if that were the case I'd be hiring people to smoke him up.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Some words from Sun Tzu - art of war