The Jets Options With Santonio Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

What a disastrous signing it turned out to be. He really is a douche bag.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

winning solves everything.

then again if you let him walk you then have to rebuild your WR corps in the midst of wondering if you even have a QB.

this team did the nosedive everyone was expecting the last two years.

Rex and Tanny need to be held accountable. the honeymoon is over folks

3. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Santonio Holmes = Randy Moss with 1/4 of the talent.

4. BKNJ

BKNJ New Member

I believe as fans it is hard for us to see the field from a players perspective. We spent an entire lifetime with one team, these guys can get fired and and work for a new company just like all of us.

So think of the mindset of an employee, and you have a top talent that has the ability to go over the top and are never/barely utilized. If I were Holmes, a great wr talent in the NFL, and was barely utilized for the talents I bring to the team, I would hate my job as well. I would want to quit as well.

Granted this is a sport and different than our jobs, look at it like this. He hates the offensive structure, we call him a diva for complaining, but what if shotty tried giving him a small percentage of plays that cater to what he wants. If he calls out the Giants that they can go over the top, but then was never given an attempt to do that.

How can you really blame a guy who wants to complete, and wants to make big plays. But then gets locked within 10 yards of the line of schrimage in a system that hasnt really worked all year.

#24 BKNJ, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  5. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Is that all this fanbase does? Makes excuses? To quit on your team as a professional athlete is sacrilegious. There is no excuses. Maybe Sanchez sucks and can't get him the ball. Maybe Schotty sucks and can't properly make plays to get him the ball. All of that doesn't matter if you quit on your team. NEVER SHOULD YOU QUIT ON YOUR TEAM, especially if you're a captain.

Some fans here are ridiculous.

6. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Signing Holmes was a huge f-up. Shotty benching him on the last 2 meaningless minutes of the season dropped Holmes' trade value significantly. That was idiotic. No one will take him now.

We're stuck with him. Kiss and make up. Rehabilitate his attitude. He is no longer a captain. Throw to him more. Make him earn his check.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

This wasn't emotion.

This was a season-long HISSY FIT that destroyed the team. He threw everybody under the bus.

8. BKNJ

BKNJ New Member

I 100% agree with you. Just wanted to add the other side of perspective of why Holmes should have been pissed. As everyone jumps down his back and is saying he sucks and whatnot. Still no excuse for his behavior and quitting, especially as captain

I did not want to sound like I condoned that behavior. But more of a burn on Shotty and his no big play mentality

9. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Don't try to defend his behavior it makes you look worst than him. Its one thing to hate the system your in and take it up with the OC/HC and its another to quit on the fucking football field in front of your teammates, shows how he feels about the guys in the huddle and frankly he needs to be traded or cut simply because its too much instability in the locker room with him here. Especially after all the shit that was said about him by anonymous players and LT postgame.

10. AnyGivenSunday

AnyGivenSunday Active Member

Per Manish:

"Santonio Holmes was questioning Mark Sanchez in a QB-WR meeting last Wednesday, per source. On Thursday, Holmes simply didn't show up. #nyj"

If that's true, there's no way he can be back.

11. I think this has Kerry Rhodes written all over it. Rex has given this guy a TON of opportunities to become a team player and a man.

Trade him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and take advantage of a very lucrative FA class in terms of WR'S and TE's.

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Don't any of these contracts have provision for misconduct? When does guaranteed money not become so? When the player is imprisoned? Stoned? Refuses to take the field? Someone enlighten me.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What a fucking GM we have folks. Holmes probably gone, Scott maybe gone, Cromartie threw the entire offense under the bus in his post game interview, is he gone too? We will have a cap hit of 30 million dollars for players no longer here. Tannenbaum is shit and hasn't done anything for this team since drafting Revis in 2007.

14. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

Trade him? No one is gong to take him thanks to Shotty benching him putting a spotlight on his cancerous behavior.

Thank Rex and the front office for this cluster fuck.

15. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

After the earlier epsoide and then yesterday and one player calling Tone a CANCER, keeping him will not be an option. For if one player is calling him a cancer you know there are many more that feel the same way.

So unless Tone were to (on his own) publicly apoligoize and express his strongest desire to remain with the Jets and become a team player and do what ever is expected of him, he will never be looked at the same way in the locker room. My money says this is never going to happen, he is just not that type of person...

16. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

This whole situation magnifies losing a guy like Braylon Edwards. I understand he had a knee injury and if that's what made the front office hesitate I understand.

But at the end of the day he and Sanchez had chemistry and Braylon's problems were off the field not on. He played hard both in the run game and pass game.

Plax was big for this team as a red zone target, but he and Sanchez never got into a rhythm all season. Not blaming plax here, I think he and Sanchez could develop chemistry, but at the end of the day Sanchez never really had a guy who felt very comfortable with and I think this was huge in terms of why this offense was so inconsistent.

17. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

How did he quit on the team if he was taken out of the game?

18. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

We'd be lucky to get a 2nd or 3rd for the guy. There's a reason Pittsburgh let him go for a 5th. It's because that's all they could get.

19. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

I doubt you would get that much for him. I'm not even sure you would get one first rounder for him.

20. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Going thru the motions, half-assing your routes, the demeanor in the huddle. There's plenty of ways someone can quit on a team while still playing.