The Jets can win if ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 14, 2011.

1. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

SO answer me this, logic boy, why did the Patriots lose a first round draft pick?

2. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz New Member

What are you going on about?

We are 14-2 with 5 rookies starting and at least 8 playing big roles. We have 6 picks in the 1st three rounds of the draft....whether we win or lose on Sunday we are on our way up.

3. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

and as seen in the Colts game we don't need to knock the QB down. It helps and a statistic lost in the 45-3 game is we sacked Brady 3 times. if we drop a bunch into coverage its gonna make things a lot harder. Do you think?

4. patriotsforever

What does this have to do with the upcoming divisional playoff game between the Jets and the Patriots?

5. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

By the Power of God may all your draft picks be like Vernon Gholston.

6. RevisOfNazareth

What about that first round draft pick yall missed out on? Little late in "getting up"? :rofl:

7. RevisOfNazareth

You tell me why they lost it, and i think your question is partially answered.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I don't like to wish injury on players, that keep them out of games, but I would be quite pleased if 3 of the above can't do. any 3 would be good, but the preferred three that can't play are in bold.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

trolls who admit they're "trolls" make my banhammer tingle.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I love that.

Are they expanding the rosters from 53....?

Or are you losing good veteran players, or placing those picks on the practice squad, where anyone with a scrub on the roster can pick them off?

Just curious?

11. RevisOfNazareth

Congratulations dude..40 to go. (to get to commit board suicide. :up:)

12. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

We heard about home field advantage, in Indy. And Pittsburgh. The Jets never won a game in franchise history in Pittsbugh.

Until this year. See how that works?

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Belicheat lists anyone with a limp wrist questionable.

It's a miracle there are not 53 Pats on the list.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

jesus christ i leave for a few hours and you dicks (pats trolls) ruin yet another thread. I'm going to skull fuck anyone remotely resembling a pats troll for the rest of the weekend.

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not every limp wrist.brady isnt listed

16. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Glad we are getting some backup players back and hernandez is huge for he is mean like Login Mankins.

17. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Can't wait to see Pitts in Foxborough next week:up:

18. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

We can win this Sunday if... We dont Blitz on every single down, Hold NE under 20 pts, Stay true to what we are (run first/ground & pound) and dont send Sanchez out there to have an air it out contest with Brady lol

19. Professor Frink

Obviously quite a few things have to happen for the Jets to win this game, but I'll just focus on a few for each side of the ball

Defense

1. Stop the run- The Jets' front 7 really needs to man up this game, because they obviously can't get any help from the secondary in this dept. If they can consistently bottle up BJGE and Woodhead, and keep the to 1 or 2 yard gains instead of 4 and 5, they have gone a long way to keeping the game close.

2. Tackling- It's a little far fetched to believe that the Jets are suddenly gonna be able to put consistent pressure on Brady, or that they can blanket all the receivers the Patriots have. But if they do a good job of tackling and avoid giving up the big play, they can force the Patriots to grind out every drive.

3. Big plays- Even if they successfully pull off those two things, the Pats' offense is still gonna be able to move the ball. But if they can force a turnover or two, and come up with a few key drive killing plays, this quickly becomes the kind of game the Jets know how to win. I think the onus is really gonna be on Ryan to come up with good play calls on 3rd down to get off the field.

Offense

4. Offensive line- This is pretty simple, they need to dominate. They will probably face plenty of 8 men in the box, and they need to be able to run consistently regardless. It's clear as day, if they can't get the running game going they WILL lose this game.

5. Receivers- Edwards, Keller, and Holmes. These guys present as talented a trio of weapons as anyone has in the NFL, and they need to get it done on Sunday. When you have an inconsistent second year QB who is banged up, he obviously needs all the help he can get. These guys MUST be able to separate, get yards after the catch, and most importantly, NO DROPS!

6. Take advantage- If all these things happen, the opportunity will arise for the Jets to win this game, and they need to make sure they don't blow it. A surefire way to that is turn the ball over, but assuming they don't, I think the Jets would win. They should certainly have confidence in any late and close scenario, they have won plenty of games this year by making plays at the right time.

20. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I told Pouha on twitter to knock Brady on his ass for us.