The Jets are simply losers.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 17, 2023.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Born 1952. Started rooting for the NY Titans in 1962 when my family moved to NY. Sorry, I won't show you my license.

2. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

This was a really good, strong post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Thoughts:
    1. Yesterday was another example of Saleh's inflexibility and persistence of favoring the system over talent and strategy. Rex would have challenged Sauce's manhood and had him shadow Lamb. Saleh just plays his system. OC's have been dictating matchups and moving the ball on our defense since mid last year, starting with the Patriots.
    2. JD did TRY to build the OL. Moves have not worked and injuries have had a major impact. Unlike the last 2 GM's, he's identified it as an issue. He chased players he considered upgrades the past 2 off seasons.
    3. I too, wanted the haul that SF gave up for Lance. I also believe Zach had far more potential than Darnold. Like Darnold, Zach is in process of being ruined by the Jets. Shitty coaching. Shitty OL play. Even worse, a HC who allows the locker room to run roughshod and allows the media to scapegoat the QB.
    4. We should be able to bounce back against the Patriots. At home. We're far more talented. Anyone believe our coaches will position us to win? Or is it more eagles and crows shit? Belichek is licking his chops now. He can't wait to put the nail in another Jet QB's coffin. Will we be ready?

PS - you live in CO? Am likely there for the Broncos game.

3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Pure and simple:

Zach Wilson is NOT and never will be a decent NFL QB.
    Ditto for Trey Lance.
    Taken in same draft.
    Despite giving up 3 1st picks for Lance, the 49ers have admitted their error and moved Lance for a 4th rounder.
    Despite a much more extensive record of Zach's failures, the jets refuse to admit the obvious--Douglas made a terrible pick by listening to Chris Simms sing Zach's praises
    Unfortunately, Douglas/Saleh WILL play Zach most of the season and the jets will be lucky to win 6-7 games.
    Dumb dips!

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is just all about the QB. The Jets have not had success at the position in my lifetime. So naturally they have mostly sucked in my lifetime

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Micah Parsons was in that draft by the way. Imagine if Douglas had taken him.

6. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Signing Carr, keeping our draft picks and using them to buttress the offensive line was the correct move. That is what a mature franchise does. We are not a mature franchise. Once again Woody got fixated on a big name and it has cost us perhaps years in development. I'm not very hopeful. Still I think we can beat the pats next week.

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Who are you kidding seriously another defensive guy .... what are we doing !?!

8. Jetsfansince95

Last year our turning point was the New England game when that pick six was overturned. Feels like deja vu all over again with that missed interception. That should have been a pick six.

barfolomew and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Jets are 2.5 point underdogs at home vs the Patriots in week 3 of the season we had superbowl aspirations. Just letting it sink in on a beautiful Monday morning. Life as a Jets fan is difficult and I'm glad my kids aren't that into football.

JetFanInNE and barfolomew like this.
  10. Jetsfansince95

As much as I can't stand Wilson. I tried to give him every benefit of every doubt for the first three quarters yesterday. We have much bigger problems than him. We all knew we were a bad matchup with the cowboys and honestly expecting a win yesterday wasn't realistic.

Just wanted to throw out a few thoughts about the team.

Is it just me or do the Jets force the most fumbles without recovering any of them?

Do we ever benefit from a call going our way? feels like almost never.

Watching this team I get a pit in my stomach trying to survive every play. Feels like our offense is a turnover waiting to happen or a sack.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Jetsfansince95

Not defending the Jets. But it does make it easier to get rid of Lance when you hit on a franchise QB.

12. Jetsfansince95

Hey guys it could be worse. We could be Sean Payton and the Broncos lol. That might be our next win.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

Up until 3 weeks ago I did live in CO, but moved to Savannah. Maybe I'll need to change my handle.:)

I honestly have no idea anymore what Jet coaches try to do. No matter who the HC is they just don't seem to be able to counter what the other team does. Yes, personnel is a big part of that and that goes to the GM and personnel people, but HCs do have input into those decisions. From my perspective much of it can be traced to continuing to hire defensive minded HCs who aside from favoring offense over defense, also tend to be more conservative and risk averse.

As to TRYING to build the OL, I'll simply say that Zach Wilson TRIES to be a good QB; the OL TRIES to block; the defense TRIES to live up to their press clippings. TRYING isn't enough. Douglas has had over 4 years to build a decent, if not above average, OL and he hasn't. Maybe a big part of that is the schemes his HCs want to use, but if that's the case why is there such a disconnect?

At this point I know they're not cleaning house and doing another rebuild, and frankly, as long as the Johnsons are in charge I wouldn't want them to. I don't know exactly what decisions they've forced on their GMs and CS, but it's clear that they've gotten their clueless hands involved because they're the common denominator over two decades of failure. So, short of another rebuild what can they do at this point? If there were such a thing (as some posters seem to think) they could go to the Madden Store and sign a couple of good OL, an above average QB, and a few other pieces and be good to go.

I DO know I'm really tired of this insanity.

NCJetsfan and barfolomew like this.
  14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Four years, really puts it in perspective. He's had enough time to make a suitable O-line and it still looks horrendous.

Is Herm Edwards interested in coming back? Let's bring him back as HCandOC with Sexy Rexy as DC. They can't be worse than this.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't know about fumbles, but the refs gave us a huge break against the Bills when they didn't call a tripping penalty on the punt return TD.

16. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Not saying they didn’t but kind of different, they give us the breaks where it most likely didn’t matter. Not when we are still in it or middle of the game. That trip happened in FG range and they had their possession anyways, the game was essentially over.

Jetsfansince95 and barfolomew like this.
  17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Tripping is a 15 yard penalty, so the ball would have gone back to the 42 yard line, which would be a 60 yard field goal. There's no guarantee the Jets would have won the game taking over from there.

18. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Any franchise that for 4-5 years, refuses to realize that it’s won in the trenches, and great oline , can make even an average qb and back very good and serviceable, is very scary as a fan.
    I love the rodgers signing,IF, they were also going to protect him.

19. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

people say the first off-season was jds worst
    And any good qb who can get the ball
    Out quick and make good decisionscan make a bad oline look good what’s your point? Bottom line is qb is the most important position in the nfl by far and if your qb sucks you won’t win many games as proven time and time by Zach wilson

westiedog1 and GoldenShowers like this.
  20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Maybe, but Wilson has never had the pleasure of benefiting from a serviceable oline either. He’s been running for his life from day one.
    And I disagree about a good qb making an oline look good. A bad oline, results in no run game, and a flushed qb with a one dimensional attack

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.