The Jets are probably going to get their teeth kicked in on Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 24, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So I watched a play yesterday where we had a trips right bunch and all 3 receivers ran the same in route. Kind of fell off the Lafleur bandwagon I think.

dawinner127 and Red Menace like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Don’t resist Byz, he’s not the OC to help Wilson or any rookie QB for that matter. I have no problems having a rookie QB behind center. However, developing a rookie QB is supposed to be boring, I believe Feeley said it yesterday during the broadcast so I’m not taking any credit for it.

Keep things simple use the running game to help him minimize mistakes. Lafleur is doing none of that at this point.

5 receiver set on 4th and 2 with a porous oline, I was defeated when I saw that formation.

This is not a boring offense, it’s a bad offense!

dawinner127 likes this.
  3. abyzmul

You know, the sad thing about it is that Broncos team really wasn't that good. If the Jets had put up even an average performance they could have beaten them.

It really did feel like Gase was back in the building yesterday.

Jonathan_Vilma and Red Menace like this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He's been bad man. I get it, first time at the job so you expect growing pains to come along with the rookie OC + QB. He just seems like he's out of his league. BB and Fangio are toying with this guy. I wonder how much Knapp passing is hurting this team. There is not one coach with any experience on this roster.

BrowningNagle and Red Menace like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes..ass and teeth were kicked

The Team and Organization are like the Titanic in the Groundhog Day movie...the Iceberg just keeps ripping it open and going down with thousands of deaths

I have been since age 16 and that was Namath era. It may be time to Abandon Ship

6. abyzmul

Ulbrich has experience. It's not doing him a ton of good though.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I struggle with the NFL at times (pretty damn good with CFB usually) so any advice you can give on picks for the week, I'd love to hear. :)

I usually throw a small $10 on the Jets or sometimes the totals and unfortunately can't bring myself to bet against them.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

The Jets can get this one today in all honesty. Tennessee is without their top two receivers and you'd think this is a kitchen sink game for Saleh and company as they feel the heat.

Tennessee's defense also blows.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have to get the running game going if they want to win this one.

The Titans have a mediocre run defense but nobody is trying to run all over them because the pass defense is worse. To win the Jets need to establish the ground game so the Titans can't drop 6 people in coverage every down and take away the passing lanes.

It's the best hope the Jets have and their first opportunity to really establish a rookie bubble for Zach Wilson.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Surprised the Jets are only getting seven or so. But maybe they will be competitive today. It all depends on when Wilson will pop. The NFL is a scoring league and they have enough to put some points up but the QB is clearly not ready. This is what we signed up for so try to enjoy the game.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

This is the last chance the Jets will get from Vegas to not be a big dumpster fire and then we're just going to be double digit dogs every week.

I think it's fair to say we've been the worst team in the league especially given Jacksonville's effort on the short week on Thursday night. The Texans have a win and have played competitive halves of football now on their second QB and the Lions have lost on the final possession in 2/3 of their games.

We've played one semi-competent half and the game was relatively over anyways.

Acad23 likes this.