The Jets are probably going to get their teeth kicked in on Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 24, 2021.

1. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

If this is true and our receivers were running wrong routes, that raises further concerns about our wonderful new CS regarding sitting Mims out to "learn other positions". I have a real bad feeling about all of this tbh. From what I have seen, Mims has speed, size, good hands, and should be starting WR # 2 or 3 if Crowder is out. So far have seen nothing from EJ Moore, little from Corey Davis, the usual from Berrios and Smith who are both jag's as well. Are they telling us that Mims is that much worse of a player than what we've seen so far from these guys? I cannot believe that.
    Someone needs to tell Salah that he is not Bill Bellichick just yet and to be a little humble and do what is best for the team to try to win. General principles have no place in the NFL, it is about winning.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

The opposite. Pats ran a lot of man especially early when they got ahead.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Really comes down to how Wilson plays. If it's like the second half in Carolina, the game could at least be competitive. If it's more like the Pats game, we're in for a long day. Somewhere in between is also a possibility.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Crowd noise could play a factor since it is the Broncos' home opener. I don't think Denver is that much better than the Jets, but home field definitely gives them the edge this week.

If the Jets do get their teeth kicked in, then they are further away than I realized. This should be a competitive and close game.

This is obvious, but the Jets need to get off to a better start. Even if they can get a solid drive and go up 3-0, I think it could give the team some confidence. Week 1 and Week 2 they were playing catch-up pretty early. That is tough on a rookie QB.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It should be every Jets defensive player's goal to make the Broncos home crowd boo Teddy Bridgewater this Sunday.

6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I actually think we will win this Sunday! Not sure all the talk about Denver is so good. They have not been good since Manning left. This game sets up for an upset, esp if Denver is overconfident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

so are you saying is I should go with the Broncos giving 10.5 pts then?

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

1st and 10 passes and 3rd and 9 draws.

Rookie bubble.

It's the only hope the Jets have of running even a semi-effective offense this season.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Four interceptions did us in last week my friends...FOUR!!!

You can't win on your best day doing that

That said you can't say the Denver Broncos are an Elite team..

We need a Win inthe worst way and I hope the Jets surprise the world

#29 NYJetsO12, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Sack exchange likes this.
  10. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm going to zag here.

The consensus is that we're going to get whooped, as evidenced by the Broncos being -10.5. I doubt we win but I'm pretty sure we cover.

The Broncos, surprisingly, don't have a great pass rush this season so far. Wilson might finally get a bit of relief. The Broncos have beaten the Jaguars and Giants so far, two very bad teams. We're a very bad team as well but there's a path to victory for us. Bend but don't break with Bridgewater and try to limit the damage they do with their running game.

Our running game looked pretty good against the Patriots. Us being competitive vs. the Broncos is predicated on that remaining the case and Wilson playing largely error-free. I think there's a decent chance that happens since the last thing our coaches are going to want is a repeat of Wilson's game against the Pats.

Again, I don't think we're likely to win, but I do think this game is being made to be a blowout which I don't see happening.

11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

disagree. the broncos aren't that good of a team. teddy doesn't make mistakes but he doesn't make plays either really. why do you think carolina replaced him with darnold after 1 year or why we traded him when we drafted darnold? the guy lost his job to sam darnold twice. it's also why the saints let him walk in place of winston. Their D is good, it's gonna be tough to get points but on offense the only one who is a real threat is sutton at this point.

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I know this sounds too much like gase but play design was fine we just need to execute. From the plays I broke down it all looked pretty good

Red Menace and IDFjet like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If we had just kept Teddy this game could be the opposite story. 2-0 Jets with Teddy facing the winless broncos with a rookie

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think there's a lot of underestimating how hard it is to play in Denver. Not to mention that regardless of the fact that I've been critical of Teddy Checkdown his entire career, he's completing 77% of his passes for an 8.5 yard average (10th in the league) and isn't turning the ball over.

Both the teams they played are bad football teams, but they also only trailed in both games for the first two possessions and then dominated the rest of the game.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I predicted an 0-6 start to the season in the pre-season prediction thread and nothing I've seen so far makes me think I'll be wrong.

I will say that everything points to a sound beating this Sunday to such a degree that I almost want to say it feels like one of those "no one saw that coming" games where the underdog pulls off the big win.

If it were almost any other team, maybe. But it's the Jets. So I'm thinking a 27-10 loss that isn't as close as the scoreline indicates.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Quiet as kept but part of the reason our running game looked so good was because we were mostly running favorable fronts. NE’s game plan was to play coverage and give up rushing yards and underneath passes. We took what they gave us but not enough. I guess that’s what they anticipated we would do.

Sack exchange likes this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Broncos have poor pash rush numbers and they’ve played 2 teams with porous offensive lines. Denver has a 38% pass rush win rate, good for 28th in the league.

Meanwhile, our Jets have a 60% pass rush win rate good for third in the league. They’ve done a great job forcing teams to rely on quick passing.

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Problem is we also have a porous OL….they played marginally better in week 2 but I think much of that is the NE pass rushers may not be as good individually as the Car pass rushers

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

All well and good but the Broncos secondary is glue.

I'd stand to imagine it gets better as well. They have the second best opposing passer rating, fifth in yards allowed, third in yards per completion, etc.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We win because Utah is next to Colorodo and Wilson gets backed up by 100s of family members and old BYU buddies