The Honeymoon is over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Apr 30, 2006.

1. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

The Titans are going to suck for years to come, mark it down. They have drafted terrible lately and I didn't like the Young pick and thought the White pick was very iffy. They have so many question marks it's not even funny.

1. Who is going to teach Young? Volek? Totally different styles. When can he even expect to be ready for the Pro game? 2008? No thanks.
    2. Will Lendale get off his fat ass and make something of himself? 50/50 I'd say.
    3. PacMan (last year's #1 pick) got burnt more than toast this year and can't keep himself out of trouble.
    4. They gave up a #2 for Travis Henry, so now they draft Lendale? Yuk.

The Titans are far from winners.

2. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Other than the safety we took, I think it was a fine draft. A few more o-linemen would have been nice. Its a shame we passed on Ko Simpson in favor of another Jon McGraw, even though I wouldn't have taken a safety at all. But other than that, good draft.

3. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

A lot of people dont take well to the drafting of players who they dont know, and lets face it, a lot of our picks were not well known college players. They might be better than the guys we know about, they might be worse, who the hell knows.

Anyway, Im happy enough with our first four picks that either way this draft was a success. If the late round picks can contribute on special teams and in certain packages and whatnot, thats usually the most you can expect out of late round selections anyway.

4. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

That's my take too, always has been no matter who's running the draft. Though I will say I wonder what some of the people who are upset that people are questioning some of the picks would be saying if it were the previous regime making them?

5. ChuckkieB

ChuckkieB Member

Absolutely. Let these guys impliment their philosophy and system here before we start hanging them out to dry.

6. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Good point but when you've seen a guy u know and a guy who you dont you'd feel safer chosing him , than a complete unknown.