The Greg McElroy bandwagon (ultimate under-dog)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jun 20, 2012.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

So is your thought process that Tebow is getting injured then? McElroy isn't even a lock for the roster. He absolutely is not a better thrower than Sanchez right now, and is probably not an improvement over what Tebow could bring to the table if he needed to be our full time QB due to injury or whatever.

Look I like what I saw out of McElroy last preseason too, but jesus you guys are ridiculous. Our top 2 is not changing barring injury, and G.J. Kinne has just as much of a shot at that #3 does as McElroy does.

2. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No he wasn't. He was listed at #2, and came in the fourth game when the starter was struggling, and finished out the season.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Greg Ratliff is the best QB on our team!

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Greg has awful arm strength are you kidding me?

I like the kid but not that much

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

warning: There could be some humor in the OP. Maybe becaue everyday there's a fucking new article abou Sanchez and Tebow...

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Alabama magic

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That is such nonsense. Personal??? As in I know him personally or something? He dissed some relative of mine?

WHat i have against him is that he has underperformed. He has not been good enough as the Qb of the Jets. That's what I have against him, and nothing else.

I have gone on the record here many times saying he gets one more year. And I hope he makes the most of it.

All I said is IF Sanchez, you see that IF there?, crashes and burns, wouldn't be great if McElroy got in there and does well? What is wrong with that???

You'd rather that IF Sanchez fails, that McElroy also fails?

8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Based on McElroy's preseason 40, 30 and 20yd dead ducks I do not see him ever leading any National Football team to any promised land. Based on McElroy's locker room comments when he literally had zero contributions last season I do not see him ever leading this New York Jets football team.

If we had hard knocks again this season, and regardless this may still happen, I see McElroy getting tied to the goal post and showered with gold bond and Gatorade.

People who want to see McElroy start are a new category of dumb fans.

9. jlee499

jlee499 Member

Dumb fan here! I would love to see McElroy start, if he proved to the coaching staff that he was better prepared to run the Jets offense then any alternative we have. I go on record as being a fan of Greg McElroy and think his football intelligence and leadership will take this team somewhere, if he gets the opportunity. He is a winner, period.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Got to love a guy who knows it all.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

U better check that again he was #3.

12. Elijah

Elijah New Member

I'll root for the Jets in every game McElroy starts (not against the Pats). He's got swag.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah you're right, McElroy will be #1 on the depth chart by week 3 of the preseason, surpassing the guy we just signed to a big new deal, and the guy we just traded for to be his backup who happens to be the most popular player in the NFL if not in history.

14. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Tebow as the most popular player in NFL history?

Hmmmm.......

A few guys who I suspect are/were more popular: Johnny Unitas, Walter Payton, Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Jerry Rice, Joe Namath, Dan Marino, Red Grange, Dick Butkus, Sam Huff, William Perry, Deacon Jones, Gayle Sayers, and Jim Brown.

There are others who should be more popular than these.....but they aren't.

15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

No, it would be great if Sanchez does great and McElroy never sees the field. You do seem to hate on him every time. Just an observation. He did suck this last season, but he has shown flashes that you refuse to admit.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Simple. Obvious. Trite. Hilarious.

17. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Wrong. Not when the season started, he wasn't.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

McElroy? The only reason he is in camp is so he can get his ass stomped to death for that radio interview he did in Alabama before they cut him.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah I would hate to be McElroy during TC, he's got a bulleye right on his back

20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Tebow broke a rib against NE in the playoff game he lost.

Tebow could easily break the same rib on one of his 20yrd running plays. Which puts McElroy in the #2 spot, behind Mark.

Re-look at some of the harpoons Mark took to the back last year (Hunter) and it's NOT a stretch to see McElroy slinging the pigskin sometime this season.

His calling out the Offense last year reminded me of Peyton Manning calling out his 'idiot kicker' on National TV.

Leader Lead.