The Gospel of Saint Chad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

thanks jetophile, much appreciated. maybe later we can get into the sock monkey stories... until next time.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Now, now why bring some common sense into the discussion?

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah this is as bad as the testaverde cult.

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

i know it's terrible. it's so bad, you had to come in here and declare it so.

it would be terrible if Chad could come back and start, terrible.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl2:

Nice opening post. :up:

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol dunno if thats sarcasm.........but hey I like chad and hes one of those "IT" guys that a team is lucky to have. but i felt enough pain for the guy watching him go down twice, im done expecting anything from him.

if anyone can come back its someone with his dedication and "gamer" mentality. but if this team is going to succeed we need to do alot more than rest our hopes on a question mark.

im just saying the thread title alone is ridiculous, its as if chad pennington is the only person who can throw a football.

I WISH NOTHING BUT THE BEST FOR PENNINGTON BUT AT THE SAME TIME I WISH THE BEST FOR THIS TEAM AND IF HES NOT WHATS BEST FOR THIS TEAM, THAN THATS THAT

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ill give you some quick credit here blackbird for putting a little flare into your choice of words youve gotten solid response from an otherwise beaten-to-death topic.....however i still have some more to say......you say he maybe got too cerebral...the only thing this guy ever had was his head.....he never had overwhelming physical ability(obviously)....post of the year and stuff like that?hahaha i dont know about that,but again you did manage to make a boring topic more interesting but if chad eases up on his thinking out there then hes even more useless than i think he is now

8. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

How can someone drafted in the first round not have some essential level of physical ability? Isn't that flawed thinking? Not to be mean, but to say Chad has no athleticism at all is flat out incorrect, based on the amount of physical ability necessary just to make a roster.

9. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Really amazing post. Probably the best ive ever read on TGG. I agreed with basically everything that you said, and you really got me excited for this season and Chad and Kellen. Really well written too. It sounded professionally written, maybe you should think about getting into the business. Thanks for the thread

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

11. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

hahahahaha What a grumpy old oaf man that Championjet is hahahaha

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

My favorite parts:
    That was freakin' beautiful. Welcome aboard.

13. jonnyd

i didnt take it as mean so no need to worry about that....but dude..have you seen the man play?when i say he doesnt have the physical attributes i dont mean compared to you or me...i mean in relationship to his peers...where does he rank in foot speed/mobility amongst nfl qb's???bottom quarter?yup...how bout arm strength???bottom 5 qb's in the league?yup...how about size and toughness????hahah last in the nfl?yup...the man doesnt have the physical ability youd like to see.....even the chad supporters on t his site would have to agree no????

14. jonnyd

not too mention....saint chad blackbird???what has this man done to be cannonized now? won a couple playoff games-suck in a couple? cmon already guys.....heres to kellen:beer:

15. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

I'll take that cheers.

cheers to kellen, the future.:grin:

16. jonnyd

fair enough

17. KleckoMawaeChrebet

KleckoMawaeChrebet New Member

Forgetting the injuries is not an option. He did not play enough games healthy to determine if the league figured him out or he wasn't improving. I think he was a good QB, not great, but good up until the Bills game in 2004. I disagree with you about the more he played the worse he got, because the more he played in 2004 was throwing the ball with a torn rotator cuff!! The questioning of Chad as our QB didn't start until after the torn rotator cuff. In general, any Jets fan who claimed they knew he wasn't the guy before the injury is stretching the truth.

Stepping up and improving for him is a longshot, because he has to get past the injuries. He hasn't played the same since, doesn't throw the same, looks hesitant, even when he runs or scrambles now he looks uncoordinated and unsure when before, he wasn't Vick, but he looked more like an athlete.

I liked him a lot before the injuries, I hope he can beat the odds, but sadly, I am admitting that durability is what could be the end of his career.

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Great read!

I agreed with most of what you said as well.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You bet! Har.

[​IMG]

20. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

H.P. Lovecraft is a Jets fan! I never would have guessed.

Like the part about Brooks throwing darts. Glad someone else believes in him.