The Gospel of Saint Chad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

i hear ya. the point i wish to make is perhaps lost in the length or style of the post.

#1 -- I agree with you, and Champ. Penny lost a lot of his credibilty. He was lynched. Like Murdered. Invisible. This is in reference to us, the fans, as well as in reference to the team -- the players and the coaches and FO.

#2 -- this is the crux of the whole issue, and what my point is dependent on. Chad "reclaiming what is his". He has to go out there and demonstrate it. He doesn't just walk out there and its given to hin on a golden platter, with an apple in its mouth, and some garnish to make it look pretty.

He has to compete and win the job and the team's confidence. Now, I am making this point precisely because Mangini and Co. are making Chad do exactly that. They are NOT handing the job to him. They went out and signed ramsey. They drafted Clemens (and almost as importantly, didn't draft Leinart, who would be demanded to start at the outset, but instead a Franchise LT, and a Franchise Center -- to protect the QB...)

Chad has to compete and win. This point is the crux of it. Until then , he's washed up. He's the invisible man. He's the unsolved mystery. He's a chalk figure on the sidewalk. But once he wins, he will already have demonstrated his physical prowess, reclaimed the title of Alpha QB, pissed on his territory, and that is when his past, his intangibles, his mission, his determination blah blah blah becomes apparent. That is when it's hook, line, and sinker. That's when the team buys into it wholesale.

But first he has to convince, physically, with his arm, the coaching staff and the then the players.

that is the first order of business.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

:eek:hmy: you having said that i think we are in total agreeance then.....but yer still arty fartsy my friend:eek:hmy:

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

That's certainly possible. What is also just as possible is Chad wins the QB job because Ramsey is a proven back up, Brooks is a proven back up and Clemens just isn't ready. A shaky armed QB with enough smarts and moxie wins the job against a very mediocre field with a team that knows it and doesn't respond well to it. Winning the job and being the Alpha QB that can lead this team to somewhere beyond mediocre might well be two entirely different things?

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:eek:hmy: how dare you introduce facts into this discussion.:rofl2:

but , the fact is that no team is scared of ol noodle arm.:lol:

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i'll bet the fanbase of the other teams are laughing at all the high hopes on cp. it will mean wins for the opponent. the jets defense won a lot of the games in the past couple of years, inspite of noodle arm. jets were not a offensive juggernaut during these past years. noodle arm had one good year and too many want to hang on to that in desperation, so it seems. he may have surprised some teams the first year, but has not since. 20 yds and in are 95 percent of his arsenal, and good coach's know it. he was serviceable,but nothing great. the sooner the jets fans move on, the better. kc is the future starting next year most likely. this season we just do what is neccessary to get bye. and i'll bet tenn/mangini are thinking this way also!!!!

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

While it may or may not prove to be true (I tend to hope it does), the above post is one of the best I have read in years on this board. Bravo, man, I'm ready to run through a brick wall now. :beer:

7. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

thanks bro.:beer:

that was the intent, abyzmal. that was my intent.

for meanest poster award winner, that was quite a feat of pixie dust I pulled...

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not really the meanest poster, I just play him on TV.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Wake me up when Chad plays 16 games in a single season. Until that happens, he's just another Qb that has promise but gets hurt waaay too often.

He truly has earned his "Glass Pennington" moniker. I suppose that when there really hasn't been much to cheer about at the QB position, somehow believing Chad is some sort of savior is all there is to hold on to.. Sad indeed

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

A great read. :up: Not for anything...

WARNING! POLITICAL INCORRECTNESS JUST AHEAD! READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL! WAIT! STOP! POOR TASTE! ON A FAST TRAIN TO HELL! GO BACK! ===>
    [​IMG]
    ...but doesn't CP also stand for Cerebral Palsy?

11. jetophile

Because of his Picasso avatar?

12. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

no, he didn't particularly care for the film noir feel of the original post.

but the "picasso" avatar feeds into as well. Actually I didn't even know that was a picasso.

I just thought it was a kick ass image..

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS! :beer:

GO CHAD!!!! :up:

14. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

:jets: :up:

15. KleckoMawaeChrebet

KleckoMawaeChrebet New Member

Pennington's biggest weakness is durability, period. Before the 1st rotator cuff injury no Jet fans questioned his arm strength, or other potential weaknesses. That's what is a little annoying, is folks with the noodle arm crap, and that they have thought that all along, before the injuries. Before the first rotator cuff injury, I don't remember any negatives about him from the fans. Accuracy, decision-making, smarts are all far more important than arm strength.

But... I guess the problem is that durability is more important than any of that.

Thinking on the bright side will only set me up for big-time disappointment, but what else is new with this team???

Let's Go 10!! Hope that extra 10 pounds of muscle you packed on does the trick!!

16. winstonbiggs

Before his injury he played about 12 games. Let's face it most of his passes were delivered after hard play fakes to wide open recievers. After he started getting buried the hard fakes weren't quite as hard and the wide open recievers weren't quite as wide open. The TD's dropped and the INT's went up. This league is all about adjustments, if Pennington can come back healthy and adjust more power to him. It's never as easy after every one has seen what you do, if he's really great he will step up and improve. The reality is the more he has played the worse his numbers are. That's not a great sign forgetting the injuries.

17. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

he also IMO became too cerebral. he began to take himself so seriously, and every mistake so seriously, that he forgot how to just go out and play. Perhaps he can fix that. He needs to just become more straight up will and less thought.

18. winstonbiggs

I agree with you, I think maybe the pay cut and the fact that nobody is looking at him as the main man might actually take pressure off of him. In 04 even though he played pretty well, he was not close to the loose player he was in 02 when he really wasn't under a lot of pressure. He looked like he was having fun in 02 and he looked like a guy with a lot of responsability in 04.

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

All and all, Chad probably shouldn't have started last year. He could have used more physical therapy, and should have came back sometime later in the season. Even as late as our first Bye. It's not like Fiedler was unaccustomed to the AFC eastern division. Chad really could have used extra rest after the first surgery. Many reasons why Chad gets hurt, and stays hurt are because of his own doing. Heart is an important thing, especially as a leader on the field, but knowing yourself, your health, and your capabilities affects everyone on your team. In many cases Chad is a hard-headed, selfish player. **Please do not get me wrong, I am a huge fan of the guy, He just needs to be more mature concerning his injuries.**

20. jetophile

That's what gave it it's flavor. Well done, and welcome. :)

Too bad you weren't on the board when the Sock Monkeys made their debut long ago, those fops. Long story. Hated by some, misunderstood by others, feared by many. 2004 was a good year, so they had much to say. Last year was a photo op or two, that's about it.
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, here's my take in a similar vein as far as your thread goes.
    http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=99076&postcount=13

[​IMG]
    Chad goes deep to Coles. That's all I have to say about that. Good Day, Sir!