The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I kept watching after season 3 but I understand why they would stop. Same thing over and over again. Someday Carrie will be able to take her pills for a full season.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Killing Eve on Hulu.

It's like Monty Python's Flying Circus meets Dexter.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yep, I did mean Homeland

4. The Waterboy

Wife made us watch that to see what Jimmy Choo shoes Villanelle was going to wear next or what designer dress but it's been pretty entertaining.

Too bad we couldn't binge it though, I'd wait until the end of the season for every show if i could but the wife wants to watch Eve weekly when it's on.

5. The Waterboy

Damn, forgot about that one. I did binge watch that because i meant to watch but forgot to set it to record and didn't remember until after season 2 was already over. Watched one episode and then couldn't stop.

It's on Hulu now if anyone else is looking to check it out.

6. abyzmul

Part of me wants to watch it, part of me knows that it's feminist propaganda that is designed to brainwash me.

Kind of like that Dietland disaster.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think feminists would shudder if they were linked to any of the main characters in Killing Eve.

The actor I find most compelling in it is Kim Bodnia. He does such a wonderful job of playing off of alternate reality women. He was great in Broen also opposite the hottest female detective on the spectrum.

8. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Comment of the year

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just finished all of the "Chicagos" (Fire, Med and PD) and looking for a new series.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Thinking of starting snowfall this weekend. How good is it?

11. The Waterboy

I think it's very good, season 4 starting out excellent so far. Definitely worth the time but it's no Wire or Breaking Bad.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Definitely a bit more goofy than BB or the Wire but still a good watch. FX shows sometimes have a tendency to start out too fast in early seasons and lose steam but Snowfall has maintained pretty well. Sons of Anarchy is a good example of this and was one season too long.

None of you guys watched the Americans?

13. abyzmul

I watched the whole thing as it aired, I really liked it. There were a couple of slow seasons but overall it was well made, was unpredictable, felt authentic and at times had an amazing soundtrack.

Red Menace and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. abyzmul

So I'm one season into Hinterland and it's a good show overall so far. One thing that's starting to get on my nerves about euronoir crime drama is the formula. City cop relocates to rural area to escape dark past, all of a sudden the rural area is loaded with bizarre murders that only city cop is wise and shewd enough to solve. Insert corrupt local crony government officials and impossibly hot junior detectives as needed.

Red Menace likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Not sure about that show in particular but also included in said plots is incredibly obvious suspects that end up having nothing to do the murders.

16. abyzmul

Yep, always one person that acts incredibly guilty and sneers at the detectives behind their back when they are walking away at the end of a scene.

This show not so much, but cop shows in general always have that guy, and also the hyuck hyuck easily innocent looking guy with the 1 minute scene at the beginning who somehow transforms into a stone faced psychopath by the end of the show. It's one of the main reasons I usually steer clear of crime shows.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about these shows as well, it’s never the guy who is throwing bricks at the cops, It’s the guy walking the shih-tzu.

#37 Red Menace, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. abyzmul

One excellent show I totally forgot about: Counterpart

Easily my favorite thing with JK Simmons in it, parallel world spy show with a gateway in Berlin, everybody has a mirror human being in the other world, really good and got canceled way too soon (only 2 seasons) but it's definitely worth watching if you don't mind the heartbreak of not getting an ending.

19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just finished 3 seasons of "Musketeers" on Amazon. Good series if you're into that sort of thing.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Started watching Patriot on Amazon. Strange but pretty entertaining. They've embraced all the lucky coincidences to the extent of sort of making fun of themselves but man is it ridiculous. I could do without all the music tie ins too. If anyone has watched it - did it get canceled or it ends gracefully?

EDIT: looks like it got canceled. Now I'm pissed I started it and didn't look into it first.