The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

IP Freely! Totally forgot about that

Jeff M likes this.
  2. abyzmul

So how about all this attention Will Smith has gotten since the slap? Dude has an Apple+ special app for himself less than a year later?

Would you trade 10 years membership to the Academy to restart a completely stalled career that was headed nowhere with a cheap publicity stunt?

3. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Me and my girl watched sweet tooth together. It was a nice adventure story.

4. abyzmul

I watched the trailer. I kept waiting for them to get their armored cars with machine guns and rocket launchers but it never happened. Season 2?

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. barfolomew

There was some minor armored vehicle action but not much. Maybe more in season 2

7. barfolomew

I've been watching Chernobyl the hbo miniseries about the nuclear disaster and it is incredible. Top notch.

I also watched a film recently called "brothers by blood". It was slow and at some points aimless and It had a dark and introspective tone bordering on catatonic. Very little violence is in this mob film but when it occurs it's swift. There is a 'foreboding' feeling of violence that permeates the film. The aftermath of violence is seen and dealt with graphically and often. I found the most disturbing portion of the film to be two lines said by the antagonist. These lines give an amazing insight into the mind of this character and perhaps into some of his real world parallels

8. abyzmul

What about armored is cream trucks with psychotic clowns driving them?

9. barfolomew

You lost me there

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Chernobyl was excellent.

MoWilkBeast and barfolomew like this.
  11. barfolomew

Watched troll the other night, netflix, it was fun but also a bit sad. Family friendly

12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

That means you're a youngin

13. abyzmul

I never thought that would be a thing when it came to video games.

THAT VIDEO GAME WAS BEFORE YOUR TIME.

Holy shit that sounds strange.

JackBower likes this.
  14. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I watched Season 1 of Slow Horses on AppleTV a few months back. Not bad. Gary Oldman as Jaxson Lamb - a sloppy, offensive, chain smoking, whiskey drinking, farting leader of a crew of MI5 misfits. About a million miles from his role as Zorg. The first two episodes of Season 2 just dropped. I hate the slow drip of episodes, but it’s refreshing to see a streaming series roll right into a new season without a two-year gap.

abyzmul likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oldman did a brilliant George Smiley in the remake of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Highly recommended if you like him.

16. abyzmul

Thanks, I enjoyed season 1 of that show. But I hardly ever check Apple+ because of no Android app and the annoying sign in process.

17. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

We watched the 1st episode of "The Peripheral" (Prime)last night, it was pretty cool. I'm not a big sci-fi guy, but, it has potential.

18. Sundayjack

Seen it. That whole cast is top notch. I also watched some of the original BBC series on YouTube. Can’t remember why I quit on it, though.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Odds are pretty good you got the PBS Americanized versions of the Smiley series. The production company that brought TTSS and Smiley's People to PBS did not think American audiences would sit through all the background required to make the stories fully intelligible so they just cut a lot of the details work in favor of the action work. This makes characters like Jim Prideaux, Peter Guillam, Otto Leipzig and Connie Sachs mostly indecipherable while they are actually key elements of the tales.

You can get the uncut BBC versions but you're more likely to run into the American versions so you have to hunt carefully.

20. Sundayjack

I need to start the new year by trimming some of my streaming services. Or, maybe just finding out which ones I’m overpaying for because they are included in some other subscription. Apple TV comes with my phone service so that one’s probably safe. Frankly, Netflix was on the trim list, but slightly redeemed itself with the new series Wednesday, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would, even though i thought some of the casting choices sucked. Not Wednesday. She was perfect. Plus, it had just the right amount of Tim Burton weirdness, I think.

Last night I started watching Three Pines on Amazon Prime. I’m not so hot on the storyline, but Alfred Mollina is really good. Mostly, I’m just entranced by the inept young policewoman played by Sarah Booth, who I never heard of but I had a powerful need to search out her bio after seeing her eat a bag of chips for breakfast.